PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty - artifacts, wives etc.

Xelian
10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Well the idea is to make a thread containing various stats for different items in KB. If you know an artifact, what a wife bonus is, or what a child gives for example post it. I'll keep update the main post with the info.

WIVES
Notes:

If you divorce with a wife you can't get her again.

Feanora - Marshan Swamps
You have to agree to help the Frog princess during the quest given you by Earl *** in Arlania.

Human Form - +3 Intellect
Frog Form - +100% to the Attack of Snakes and Spiders

SLOTS: 1 Head, 1 Belt/Artifact, 2 Artifact
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Ajven, Ambrella, Angelika, Anna, Gavrill, Googlik, Gendalf, John, Laura, Neiron, Serg, Elly

Mirabella - Eastern Islands of Freedom.
You must defeat both her fiance and the Kraken. You need this (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=53849&postcount=9) fix to marry her.

+100% to Attack to Pirates and Robbers

SLOTS: 1 Weapon, 1 Boot, 1 Belt, 1 Regalia
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Adamus, Alexsander, Gomer, John, Dmitry, Janna, Richard, Laura, Neiron, Robbert, Serg, Elly, Emmanuel

Rina - Greenwort.
Must finish the quest with the Zombie Miller. After that you can buy her from the pirate chief.

Human Form - +1 to the Speed and Initiative of Robbers and Pirates
Zombie Form - +1 to the Speed and Initiative of Undead creatures

SLOTS: 1 Armor, 1 Belt, 1 Artifact, 1 Boots
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Adamus, Angelika, Gavrill, Gomer, John, Dmitry, Laura, Robbert, Serg, Elly

Gerda - Lower Haddar
You must save her from the Cyclops who kidnapped her.

+1 to the Morale of Dwarves

SLOTS: 1 Armor, 1 Shield/Regalia, 1 Regalia, 1 Boots
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Alexander, Ambrella, Angelika, Gavrill, Gomer, John, Dmitry, Janna, Laura, Robbert, Serg

Xeona

+1 to the Morale of Demons

SLOTS: 2 Weapon, 1 Boot, 1 Belt/Artifact
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Alexander, Adamus, Angelika, Gomer, John, Dmitry, Janna, Laura, Richard, Emmanuel
Neoka
You must free the castle she is under siege. Then do the Quest for the Tree of life. She can't have children due to a bug in version 1.6b47.

+1 to the Morale of Elves

SLOTS: 2 Regalia, 1 Regalia/Belt, 1 Artifact
POSSIBLE CHILDREN: Ajven, Adamus, Angelika, Googlik, Gendalf, Janna, Neiron, Elly, Emmanuel

CHILDS
Notes (Thanks to spamm):

The child is born 10 Battles after you ask your wife about it.
Each wife have a pool of children from which the children is chosen.
Which child will be born to certain wife is determined at the start of the game.

Adamus +20% Attack
Ajven +30% Mana
Alexnader +10% Leadership
Ambrella +4 Scrolls
Angelika +10 Mana
Anna + 8 Scrolls
Dmitry + 10% Experience in combat
Elly +20% to Mana
Emmanuel +20% to rage
Gavrill +5 Defence
Gendalf +20% Intellect
Gomer +3 Attack
Googllik +5 Intellect
Janna +10% Leadership
John +10 Rage
Laura +10% Mana
Neiron +5% XP from combat
Richard +5% Leadership
Robert +5% Leadership
Serg +20% Defence

Xelian
10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Items

Artifacts
Dragoon Tooth - Collect five of this to create a Dragon Necklace.
Intellect Ring Class 1 - +3 Mana
Intellect Ring Class 2 - +3 Intellect. After 30 battles you can use it to permanently gain 3 Intellect.
Book of Rage(?) - +3 Rage
Snake Ring - +1 Intellect. Upgrades to Ring of Snake King.
Loses morale when killing snakes, gains morale when you have snakes in the army.
Ring of the Snake King - +3 Intellect. +3 to Snake's poison damage
Loses morale when killing snakes, gains morale when you have snakes in the army.
Inspirational Picture - +1 Attack
Barrel of Dwarven Ale - +1 morale of Dwarves
Bronze Ring +5 Mana. Upgrades to Silver Ring.
Silver Ring +10 Mana. Upgrades to Gold Ring.
Gold Ring +15 mana.
Image of Fear - -3 Attack to the Enemy
Image of Sorcery - +20 Mana
Vampire Ring - +300 Leadership. +20% to Vampire's Health. -1 to morale of Elves
Old Skull - +3 Intellect. +10 Mana
Ancient Amulet - +4 Intellect. +15 Mana. Gives 10 Magic runes after 50 wins.
Agba's Ruby - +3 to Initiative, attack, defense, speed and more to female fighters. +300 leadership
Dragon Necklace - +3 Attack, +2 Defence + 1 Intellect.
Silver Chain - +1 Intellect. -2 to Defense of all Undead creatures.

Xelian
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
reserve

Gatts
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
For all what is in game is best the 1.6.4 rus manual (it is easy to decipher when you are looking only on stats of artefacts or wives etc.)

for wives you can read and use the thread of this forum:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3977

There are even some artefact threads in this forum as well, but mostly scattered based on sets or upgrades or quests... so I would advise to turn to the rus manual

Xelian
10-08-2008, 12:47 PM
For all what is in game is best the 1.6.4 rus manual (it is easy to decipher when you are looking only on stats of artefacts or wives etc.)

for wives you can read and use the thread of this forum:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3977

There are even some artefact threads in this forum as well, but mostly scattered based on sets or upgrades or quests... so I would advise to turn to the rus manual Can you give me link to the russian manual or attack it here? I want to try to keep everything organized in the forum here.

Tuplis
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Please get the information on item slots up soon, I'm dying to max out in that regard :)

Xelian
10-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Please get the information on item slots up soon, I'm dying to max out in that regard :)

I'll try but this will take a while cause i must actually get every wife ^^

Tempo
10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4156&page=3

Thanks to spamm because it's without password now and could be translated into English more easy. You can copy text and images from this version!

Enarr
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
You must defeat both her fiance and the Kraken. The quest crashes on the some versions though and you can't get her as a wife.

http://www.kbmods.nm.ru/eng/mod_16_eng_fix_mirabella.zip
(install:
Put a file "mod_16_eng_fix_mirabella.kfs" in a folder "gamedir"\data\mods)

Fix for the crash (thx to spamm)
________
Honda XR50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XR50)

Gatts
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
cool - I have missed that the un-protected version was released... shame on me... So now I can dive deep and try to translate as much as possible :)

Xelian
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
cool - I have missed that the un-protected version was released... shame on me... So now I can dive deep and try to translate as much as possible :)

That would be awesome. I'm Bulgarian myself and can understand the russian version, but i can't translate it. Especially the items names.

Suporex
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
The topics are already on forum

whives/children --> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3977

Items --> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4145

Gatts
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, my translation is for the "obvious" words (like initiative, attack, spider, mana, mage) - where I see what is the word near at, I know that item or creature from the game, so I know that training sword has +1 attack - so I can figure out what is the word sword, attack, training... but I can't read Azbukah at all, so words that are out of context are still mystery to me :)

BTW - any hints how to export the pdf to .DOC w/o losing all the formatting?

Tempo
10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
BTW - any hints how to export the pdf to .DOC w/o losing all the formatting?

I used Abbyy Pdf Transformer, but also I made hand marking of text regions and tables, because it's not very well worked automatically. The result (non-translated) you can take here (http://letitbit.net/download/73d5c8381543/KB-manual-1.6.4-p1-p22.zip.html). You may us it for your own translation. If you like it, I will continue this transformation to DOC format (other pages).
Also I plan to translate it automatically with some manual correction in immediate time.

Tempo
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
The result of automatic translation you can find here (http://letitbit.net/download/1ef6d1293347/KB-manual-1.6.4-p1-p22-Eng.zip.html). All copyrights was observed.
I upload it "as is", and I will be glad if anyone corrects it properly.

Uvirith
10-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Can I force Feanora to morph into frogform or is it random?

Tempo
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Can I force Feanora to morph into frogform or is it random?

"Feanora turns to a frog if not to talk to her 21 fight (for the first time - 13 fights)"

Tempo
10-11-2008, 02:48 PM
The next non-translated pages 23-73 from manual (most interesting chapters 3, 4 and 5) you can take here (http://letitbit.net/download/9a87ba410621/KB-manual-1.6.4-p23-73-Rus.zip.html) for your own translation. The result of my automatic translation will be soon.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Baby Gabriel gives you +5 defence I had him with Glenda the dwarf!

Tempo
10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
The result of automaic translation of pages 23-73 you can find here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/d6lnta).
Unfortunately, most of hyperlinks were corrupted in translation process. Also some words has been translated non correctly, So "gnomes"="dwarves", "protection"="defense", "fury"="rage" etc. But it's just limitations of automatic translation. I hope anybody corrects the text properly.

ganjatron
10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
The quest for the frog wife was one of the first ones I did, and I decided not to ask her to marry me. Since then, I've met Rina, Mirabella, the dwarven one, and Xeona.

Is there any way to get the frog as your wife if you didn't ask her to marry you upon the quest completion? Is she hiding out at some castle or something, or did I miss my chance? As a mage, I prefer the int bonus.

Xelian
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmm. I guess she should just be staying in the swamp. Though i'm not quite sure.

rayruan
10-16-2008, 06:15 AM
The result of automaic translation of pages 23-73 you can find here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/d6lnta).
Unfortunately, most of hyperlinks were corrupted in translation process. Also some words has been translated non correctly, So "gnomes"="dwarves", "protection"="defense", "fury"="rage" etc. But it's just limitations of automatic translation. I hope anybody corrects the text properly.

this link doesn't work

Tempo
10-16-2008, 07:20 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=55280#post55280

kuqumi
10-17-2008, 12:46 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/29xzsl5.png

From the data at the beginning of the thread. Sorted by bonus provided and by magnitude of the bonus.

Morloc
10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
The patch had mentioned....

"- Children are chosen from the list randomly after loading when loading the same saved game."

I've tried this a number of times/ways and still always get the same child in the same slot.

I've tried:

- Load saved game, wait a while....create new saved game, load this one and then kiss wife.

- Load saved game, kiss wife, use ~ CLEARWIFE, kiss wife again.

- Load saved game, kiss wife, fight a combat or two, CLEARWIFE, kiss again.

Always the same child in the same slot. Is it possible that this is due to the game being started prior to the patch?

-Morloc

Jinix the Elder
10-19-2008, 09:52 PM
The more I read the forum about everyone discovering this or that about King's Bounty - The Legend, and revealing their discoveries to the rest of us, the more I realise that the Quest for the Manual is almost as interesting as the game itself.

Jinix the Elder

Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.
Margaret Thatcher

Xelian
10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
The patch had mentioned....

"- Children are chosen from the list randomly after loading when loading the same saved game."

I've tried this a number of times/ways and still always get the same child in the same slot.

I've tried:

- Load saved game, wait a while....create new saved game, load this one and then kiss wife.

- Load saved game, kiss wife, use ~ CLEARWIFE, kiss wife again.

- Load saved game, kiss wife, fight a combat or two, CLEARWIFE, kiss again.

Always the same child in the same slot. Is it possible that this is due to the game being started prior to the patch?

-Morloc

Children's are determined in the start of the game. No matter what you do you will always get the same child in the same slot. Thats a way to prevent cheating :)

Hmm I saw the patch notes and i got what you mean. I doubt they will let you change your child with a simple load. This will make the game too easy. Still i don't get exactly what they mean with this patch note.

Shd
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Hmm I saw the patch notes and i got what you mean. I doubt they will let you change your child with a simple load. This will make the game too easy. Still i don't get exactly what they mean with this patch note.

This patch note is tricky to understand (if i dont confuse that bug with other one) if you dont know a bit of history of "children bug". That error was in russian version.

As Xelian said, childrens who will born is determined at the starting of game (there are severeal "scenarious"), but there was a bug, that after (!!!) load choosen "scenario" dropped to default one and that reason was why all players got same childrens all the time. As i understand same bug was in initial english version and now it is corrected...

Xelian
10-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the explanation Shd

maverick6146
10-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Children's are determined in the start of the game. No matter what you do you will always get the same child in the same slot. Thats a way to prevent cheating :)

This setting simply sucks... This game has already way too many random factors and the playing experience becomes a bit frustrating.

I was against using console/trainers but I should say, fortunately, I still get other way around.

DaviddesJ
10-28-2008, 06:51 AM
This setting simply sucks... This game has already way too many random factors and the playing experience becomes a bit frustrating.

I think it sucks when games make it too easy to cheat. And, as you say, there are already plenty of other ways to exploit if you want to make the game easier. Not to mention you can just skip having children if you don't want that random factor.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Which wife does everyone think is the best to have? Depending on strategy of course but surely Xeona? or maybe the Elf wife. I think Mirabella and her 100% Attack to pirates (sea dogs) is the best for me.

DaviddesJ
10-31-2008, 04:14 AM
It seems to me that Royal Snakes with the frog queen bonus are (a lot) better than Sea Dogs with Mirabella bonus. Faster, better initiative, lunge, no retaliation.

Fate
10-31-2008, 04:40 AM
The elf princess is my fav. I don't think i will use snakes and pirates till the end game. Not that they are bad but i prefer ranged troops.

maverick6146
10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
I think it sucks when games make it too easy to cheat. And, as you say, there are already plenty of other ways to exploit if you want to make the game easier. Not to mention you can just skip having children if you don't want that random factor.
First, for a single player game, there WILL be trainers/codes around and it is nothing game design can do about it.

Second, as I said in other threads, this game has too MUCH influence from random factors. Not only wives, but also spells, troops, equipments, etc. If the random factor is so important that it can alternate the gaming process, I would rather call it a flawed design.

Also it ruined part of the fun of playing a strategy game because people can hardly experience the full potential of the game. What if I want to go all undead troop? Sorry you can't because you can only get zombies until Elf's land. Or what if I want make a fighter sorceror? Sorry again because you can't get +int items and your wives only give you +scroll kids...

Look at those good strategy games, they give players the choice, but the choice is hard to make.

At last, this is by no means bashing the game. In modern days PC games, gems like KB is hard to find. since I play this game intensively, I have more thought about it. Please forgive my little rant.

Peace.

monkeydog
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Chart with all possible wives/children and percentage chance of bonus based on weight.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-31-2008, 07:34 PM
It seems to me that Royal Snakes with the frog queen bonus are (a lot) better than Sea Dogs with Mirabella bonus. Faster, better initiative, lunge, no retaliation.

I'm level 22 Paladin playing on hard level and my Sea Dogs are putting out 49 on Attack. So the snakes perform better at this stage do they? I will no doubt restart with Mage on impossible if I have not move onto a different game by then.

Metathron
11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Chart with all possible wives/children and percentage chance of bonus based on weight.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I understand it. When I married Mirabella in my last game, she gave a 100% attack bonus to pirates and robbers (I think it was), which turned out to be useless to me since I never recruited those units much. But there's no such bonus in your chart? :confused:

DaviddesJ
11-04-2008, 10:45 PM
First, for a single player game, there WILL be trainers/codes around and it is nothing game design can do about it.

That's fine, I have no problem if you want to cheat. I just don't think the designers have any obligation to make it easy for you. And personally I prefer it to be less easy.

Azula
11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Second, as I said in other threads, this game has too MUCH influence from random factors. Not only wives, but also spells, troops, equipments, etc. If the random factor is so important that it can alternate the gaming process, I would rather call it a flawed design.

First of all wives aren't random, that's pretty much the only active choice you have (apart from your starting class).

Also this "randomisation" is set in stone at the beginning of the game because of one thing, and one thing only: save-load. It would be way way way way too convenient if every single randomised option could be exploited by saving just before and loading ad nauseum until you get the desired result. THAT is not randomisation.

nobix
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
The result of automatic translation you can find here (http://letitbit.net/download/1ef6d1293347/KB-manual-1.6.4-p1-p22-Eng.zip.html). All copyrights was observed.
I upload it "as is", and I will be glad if anyone corrects it properly.

The link for p1-p22 does not work, help ?
Many Thanks !

kadrzys
11-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm level 22 Paladin playing on hard level and my Sea Dogs are putting out 49 on Attack. So the snakes perform better at this stage do they? I will no doubt restart with Mage on impossible if I have not move onto a different game by then.

i'm 21lvl warrior and my Royal Snakes have 55 attack and 12-16 dmg, 7 initiative, 4 speed. I'm hitting Land of the Dead and with Silver Rapier, Sword of Light and Holy Anger form Inqs my Royal Snakes tear apart every beast on my way:] I would never change it to Mirabella wife and Sea Dogs (but I'm not so arogant to claim that my idea is better, it's just perfect for me;) )

btw any ideas to increase morale of Royal Snakes?

Alto
11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
could anyone please tell me if the "painskull" and the "Demonic Mask" is of any use ? I would like to know what it does after I get it down to 0%.
Also, I see the name silver rapier and a few others mentioned more than one time, are those some sort of fixed artifacts/xx ? Reason why I am sking is that I am having a hard time in the Book of death land.

kadrzys
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
don't know about Demonic Mask but Painskull is pain in the ass for 50 battles after which it turns into Dead Skull(?) which give +5atk +5 int ;) Silver Rapier is weapon you can obtain by finding recipe (don't know if it's random), you can give it to guy in Magic Guild and he can make Silver Rapier for you but the cost is massive - 5 Mind Runes!! 2 Magic Crystals and some money.

Keneth
11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
You can always open eng_items.lng (or items.txt if you prefer code, like me) and check what each item does.

Metathron
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
How exactly do you control the forms of some wives? If in fact you can?

Valerio80
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
For the zombie wife you can freely switch from/to undead/human form simply saying your wife the formula you got doing the zombie miller's quest. To talk to your wife simply click on her portrait in hero screen.

For the frog wife it tournes into a frog after a certain amount of battles (if i'm not wrong after 13 battles the first time, and then once each 21 battles) and each time you can decide to keep her as a frog or to change her back to a lady by kissing her (talk with her and you can chose to kiss her).

I know this two only, maybe there are more that can change their form, dunno ^_^

Tempo
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
The link for p1-p22 does not work, help ?
Many Thanks !

Some files has been deleted from hosting. So I merged all parts in one file with minor corrections and re-upload it here (http://letitbit.net/download/31a86e960761/KB-manual-1.6.4-Eng.zip.html).

monkeydog
11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Metathron - My chart doesn't list the actual wife bonuses. Only their possible children and chances of each. I guess I should have included the wife bonuses as well. In case anyone doesn't know...

Rina (living) +1 speed, +1 initiative to all robbers/pirates
Rina (undead) +1 speed, +1 initiative to all undead
-slots are armor, boots, belt, artifact

Feanora (frog) +100% to attack of snakes/spiders
Feanora (human) +3 intelligence
-slots are helmet, belt/artifact, artifact, artifact

Mirabella +100% to the attack of all pirates/robbers
-slots are weapon, boots, belt, regalia

Herda +1 morale of dwarves
-slots are shield/regalia, boots, armor, regalia

Neoka +1 morale of elves
-slots are regalia, regalia, belt/regalia, artifact

Xeona +1 morale of demons
-slots are weapon, boots, weapon, belt/artifact

StoryDiver
12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
can i anyone help me i defeated Xeona at demon realm but how to i get her(where?)?:confused::confused::confused:

Gatts
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
When you defeated her - she is yours, just make sure you don't have a wife already... if you have a wife, divorce, talk to xeona, there you go

StoryDiver
12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok thax

taltamir
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
wow, neoka has the best babies by far... and Xeona's come close if you are a fighter...

taltamir
12-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Xelian:
Agba's Ruby - +3 to Initiative, attack, defense, speed and more to female fighters. +300 leadership

It is Anga's not Agba's, and it is MORALE not MORE.

YENKO
12-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Xelian:

It is Anga's not Agba's, and it is MORALE not MORE.

LOL I almost fell off my chair from laughter :)
Good one.
Guys, learn to spell, else.... ;)

taltamir
12-18-2008, 02:44 AM
+3 More of Female fighters sounds good too :)

YENKO
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
+3 More of Female fighters sounds good too :)

Hell yeah! :D Much better than '+3 of Orc fighters' :D

Hento
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
What kind of children can you expect form the frog-human wife?

taltamir
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
if you bother scrolling up, a chart has been posted.
You can also look up the excel sheet with the exact percent chance of each child from each wife.

Hento
12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
if you bother scrolling up, a chart has been posted.
You can also look up the excel sheet with the exact percent chance of each child from each wife.

Hm, it doesn't look like it's worthwhile to gamble with having children when you can lose a slot for a more beneficial item.

taltamir
12-22-2008, 03:55 AM
that is pretty much it... also most children are pure shit (+4 scrolls? waste of slot!), and those that ARE worthwhile, are not as good as an item.

For example, the absolute best child possible gives +5 int. The elf woman has a 10% chance to birth him, the frog woman 5%, noone else can birth him.
but there are multiple items that give more than just +5 to int. Like the skull of pain giving +5 int and +5 attack, the arch-mage staff giving +5 int and +20% lightening damage, and so on.
Bottom line, children suck and you should never have any.

Although there is this mod to make then not suck as much:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=58388&postcount=1

tintagel
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
heh, scrolls.... YUCK

I think what would make them better would be to allow you to use 1 scroll per turn (or fight) and still cast spells. I would eat them up like skittles then. Maybe if you had to get that as a talent or something.

Anyone wanna do a mod for that? I have no modding ability.