PDA

View Full Version : Demon castle - Defeat the Demon girl

Writhan
10-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Ya... let me put it this way. I'm STUCK.

Tried alot of different tactics but this army slowly kills me. I simply don't have the manapool, army or whatever to beat this army. I'm a mage, level 23.

Current stats:
~14000 leadership.
~105 mana.
~23 int

Current army:
~180 elven archers
~110 elven hunters
~8 green dragons
~7 red dragons
~5 black dragons

As both red and black damage deal fire damage, they do very little damage to the demons. And those stacks with 100+ demonesses basicly kill a dragon every turn.

Any ideas? :)

Solkarnar
10-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I think 23 is a little low for her, u cleared out the undead lands yet?

I did her as a level 26 Pally, using a Hunter/Elf/Druid/Inquisitor/Swordman setup.

What i did was to do a teleport on the 1st turn on the swordsman into the enemy ranks and let it take the hits, then do a Rage "time walk" (forgot the name of the skill) to reverse all dmg on it.

Then keep the resurrection up on your units. I won quite comfortably in tat way. Normal mode though.

Writhan
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
No. I didn't clear the undead lands. I bypassed most of the armies, as they were too strong for me to handle. Most of them are "very strong" to me, even though I play on normal skill. Perhaps it's time to bring out the good old knights for some dragon slaying abilities, and clear them out as good as I can... I might be able to get another level there. Not sure how much it will help though. I think my general strategi / setup simply doesn't work against that particular demon army.

The swordsman strat seems to be alright. But you have a whole lot of archers, won't they get swapped by the demonesses and be eaten alive? That's what happens to mine anyway.

Solkarnar
10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Somehow enemy AI seems to prefer targets that are in their face, so the swordsman gets their love usually (whips and hopefully candles :P)

I would suggest clearing the undead lands 1st though, demon land mobs seem to be harder than the undead ones i killed.

Gatts
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
You absolutely should put for this battle both black and red dragons away, but what to recruit instead?

If you could manage the problem that dwarves and elves dislike each other - my advise would be canoneers and giants.

If the morale loss it not of your liking than:
Cyclops (resistant to fire, physical and deal huge damage)
Inquisitors (ressurect, but not very good archers, still very handy for keeping your green dragons up with lives - when you use GIFT, you are sorted)

Also you can try fire spiders (fast, huge damage, resistant to fire)

both hunters/elven archers are fine btw - keep them

and I would advise as well - return to demon lands after you clear undead... demons are stronger than undead (Karador included) IMHO

Writhan
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I'll definately try to look up some of the units you recommended. That was exactly what I was looking for.

What damage type does spiders deal? Is it poison? Are demons vulnerable to poison? I had a feeling these maybe abit weak. But since they are resistent to fire, it might not be a bad choice at all.

I think I'll try cyclops + fire spiders, instead of the green and black dragons. Just to see where that puts me.

Thanks for the advice.

More are always welcome :)

Gatts
10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Fire spiders deal physical damage, but I am not 100% sure
Anyway, demons are not resistant to poison at all as long as I know...
(I will look into the RUS manual and try to decipher it:) )

Keep green dragons - (EMERALD GREEN DRAGONS) - they deal PHYSICAL DMG.
put only RED and BLACK to garrisons.

So I have checked the Rus Manual (and I even didn't need to decipher it :) the color shows the type of damage):
Demons have all 50% Fire RES, (Archdevils have 80% fire resistance), Demons and archdevils have 10% physical resistance.
Fire Spiders:
ATT: 12
DEF: 12
Leadership: 30
INIT / SPEED: 6/3
HP: 27
DMG: 4-5 PHYSICAL
There is something what looks like "Defence +D" that is 3... I don't know what it is... sorry
Resistance : 25% FIRE, 50% Poison (poison resistance is handy to use poison cloud, as this is triggered each time any unit moves, even waits - then it is triggered twice so many times, so your units with poison resistance can fight them [enemy that are under poison cloud] with much less damage taken... literally 50% less :) )
So let say that the poison cloud deals only 40~80 DMG (what looks weak) , but you have 5 units and can wait with them (so we have 400~800 now) I had in average 10 enemy stacks when sieging castles (now we have 800~1600) the poison cloud lasts for 5 or more rounds ( 4000~ 8000 DMG ) and the poison cloud basic damage can be 120 ~ 240... making the damage to more enemy stacs (and they mostly always are grouped with 4 or more) 12000~24000 DMG in five turns (and even enemy can wait, also there can be more enemy stacks as 10, also you can use clone, summon, enemy can use hell gate...etc... all is adding dmg to the poison cloud) - just a hint :)
Did I mention that demons have no poison resistance?

Also Devilfish has 20% fire resistance (as the girl as well the demon use armageddon a lot - this could be helpful to know)

If you would like to consider to change from elves to dwarves, here are dwarven bonuses that can help you in this specific fight:
Giants can use mass damage skill (earthquake, or so) and non of demons are flying or floating (so all are hit by this skill) - this skill can be boosted with spell GIFT
Canoneers deal huge damage + have 10% fire resitance
Dwarves have really lot of HP

kennec
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
i like giants against demons couse their earthquake ability. very few of demon units are flying and avoid the damage. also demon units like to teleport in and out so giants slow movement is less important

Tuplis
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
On my playthrough (Paladin, normal) I used your setup except griffins and inquisitors instead of reds and blacks. Griffins are excellent tanks (they have more hp than leadership which cannot be said for many creatures), have good speed and init (with tactics they can reach the enemy on turn 1), unlimited retaliations and damage of 5-10 which means bless will take the avg damage from 7,5 to 10. I just made them fly in there and let the demons pound away on it pumping resurrect and letting the elven archers do their thing.

Writhan
10-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Okay, succes!

Was a close fight, that lasted well over 20 rounds.

Setup:
Green dragons
Elven hunters
Druids (The old guy with the staff)
Archdemons
Fire spiders

The spiders basicly had sheep on them the entire fight. Druids was being controlled by demonesses always, so those two units was disabled for a long time.

I spammed Icy snakes on the currently strongest unit, and used drain soul on the strongest also, whenever I could. Used some shoal now and then, whenever I had extra rage available and waited for reaper cooldown.

Was a close fight, and all I had left was 1 dragon, ~30 elves and some 30 demon hounds I summoned at the end of the fight, to help me tank the last demons.

Uber fight.

Afterwards, I took towards the dwarven gate, followed the path and engaged the troll-boss guy. I nearly defeated him, he was on his last unit and BANG. Computer crashes due to overheat (I think). So .. I'll have to start over at him when I get back. He seems easier though.

Good luck with this demon fight. It's nasty.

Infiltrator
10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
She was really easy for me (23 mage) I just popped a rage potion before going in, used the first death rage ability (whatever it's called) on the hellhouds, hypnotized them afterwords (couldn't prior to that), whipped a succubuss, then hypnotized her, then with the hypnotized succubi I charmed the knigts.. black dragons and the hypnotized/charmed guys did the tanking while I DPSed with my own demonesses, imps, cerberi and shamans. Pain mirror took out her strongest stacks quickly, and the damage they did was inflicted on her own (hypnotized) units.

In the end I lost 1 black dragon (excessive tanking I guess), 10 imps, 5 succubi and 15 cerberi.

player1
10-28-2008, 04:23 AM

Garrison your blacks and reds in that city (I have no idea why you carried these guys in demonis, where they are useless) and buy something else for those slots (whatever is available in that castle, or try shops in islands around).

EDIT:
Nevermind, I didn't read you won the battle.

Infiltrator
10-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't say they are useless.. sure they inflict half damage, but they are still a damage sponge. Just put them in front to take all the hits and by the time the one on the top of the stack is about to die just bail them out (the fight should be over by then).

taltamir
12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
No. I didn't clear the undead lands. I bypassed most of the armies, as they were too strong for me to handle. Most of them are "very strong" to me, even though I play on normal skill. Perhaps it's time to bring out the good old knights for some dragon slaying abilities, and clear them out as good as I can... I might be able to get another level there. Not sure how much it will help though. I think my general strategi / setup simply doesn't work against that particular demon army.

The swordsman strat seems to be alright. But you have a whole lot of archers, won't they get swapped by the demonesses and be eaten alive? That's what happens to mine anyway.

Your "strategy" consists of two parts as far as I can tell:
1. Bring cool looking units that do damage to which the enemy is resistant, and take up a lot of leadership for relatively little powers.
2. Skip all the fights leading to a boss fight, leaving you many levels too low.

I suggest serious revisions to both of these.

Ish
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi,

Ya... let me put it this way. I'm STUCK.

Tried alot of different tactics but this army slowly kills me. I simply don't have the manapool, army or whatever to beat this army. I'm a mage, level 23.

Current stats:
~14000 leadership.
~105 mana.
~23 int

Current army:
~180 elven archers
~110 elven hunters
~8 green dragons
~7 red dragons
~5 black dragons

As both red and black damage deal fire damage, they do very little damage to the demons. And those stacks with 100+ demonesses basicly kill a dragon every turn.

I just beat her with a Lvl 19 paladin on impossible with about 20% losses with an all demon army.

I think I had: (approx)

50 Demons
85 demonesses
400 imps
320 scoffer imps
140 cerberus

You just have to let all her troops come to you so they get stuck and cant all attack you at once. Soul drain those large stacks of demonesses (was a couple of stacks with about 250 each) and use pain mirror or pigmy on the other stacks depending on the situation. I used my own demoness' switch ability to swap my cerberus for their stack of 950 imps and pigmy them to make easier to bring down to size.

I think I went the wrong way however.. to come straight to demonis from the dwarven land. I can beat all of the enemies listed as overpowering and some of those on impossible but its more of a struggle then it needs to be. Went to the elven lands next and its omg weak, and those sprites, dryads and lake faires seem a bit too good..