PDA

View Full Version : Any problems using Russian patch with US version?

Snaggly Pete
10-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering if anyone who has used the 1.6.4 Russian patch with the US 1.6b7 version has had any problems?

I have two concerns that maybe someone can address:
1. With the patch, do any English words get translated into Russian or does the sentence structure get messed up? I can't speak Russian.

2. If I start playing the game with the Russian patch do you think the save games I create will be compatible with any official English patches released by Atari in the future? I would really hate to have to replay a bunch of the game.

So what would you do? I've only been playing the game for about 8 hours and I can't decide whether I should apply the Russian 1.6.4 patch or if I should just try to correct the "Mirabella crash" using the fix found on these forums (sorry I don't have the link to it). On the one hand, the Russian patch sounds like the best bet because it would fix the Mirabella crash and other potential bugs. On the other hand, just correcting the Mirabella crash with the fix on these forums might be safer in terms of not corrupting my save games so that I can use them with any future official English patches from Atari.

Warmark
10-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I have the the US disk version 1.6b7 and was having a few problems with the graphics, mainly the water was always flickering and lines would appear in it.

I applied the Russian 1.64 patch almost at the very beginning of playing and it corrected all my graphical glitches and have had no other problems such as crashes or any language weirdness.
So I do recommend using it without any worries.

r45hnu
10-08-2008, 07:36 AM
I have English version of the game with Russian patch installed. I haven't reach to far in game, but so far no problems with the game. I think the patch works ok :)

I have to admit it would be cool to have 1.6.4 patch on the English part of KB:L site, with English menu. Having to download it from the Russian part of the site with a lot of "?????????????????" during patching is really annoying and leads to a lot of confusion, at least among my friends who play this fantastic game with me.