PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice bug?

ganjatron
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been answered before, but I've searched through the posts and only found answers to the contrary, so here goes:

I just got sacrifice (awesome spell) and have been adding to my army those units I can no longer find available for purchase. I'm having an issue with one of my favorite units though - Royal Thorn.

For some reason, I can't add more units to this group - is it a bug or working as designed? I have enough leadership (the popup info says "Quantity 3/7") but I can't seem to add any more.

After I select a unit to sacrifice, there is no way to select the Royal Thorn - there is no "glow" underneath it and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have over 500 farmers which I'm trying to sacrifice, so I know I have enough units available to create a Royal Thorn. I've already created dozens of Inquisitors, Knights, Royal Snakes, and Horsemen, so I know the procedure... it just won't let me select Royal Thorns as the target.

If this doesn't make sense, I cant try to attach a FRAPS video.

Kosiciel
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
AFAIK You can't use such spells like Sacrifice, Ressurection, Heal on Plants.

JGary321
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Actually that's untrue. I used Sacrifice on my Royal Thorns. I originally had 4 available to purchase. Possibly the stack u are sacrificing wont add even 1 Royal Thorn? Dunno, but u can get more by sacrifice.

ganjatron
10-07-2008, 05:46 PM
That's what I thought because I read elsewhere that someone sacrificed for more Royal Thorns but it seems to be the only unit so far that I am unable to increase. It sucks because the only place I found them only had 3 and they do not replenish.

Maybe it has to do with the level of my spell? I have only scribed the spell into my spellbook - so I guess it is at level 1. Does that matter? I know Royal Thorn has the highest Leadership requirement I've seen so far (380 each I believe) - maybe that has something to do with it too? Do I need sacrifice level 2 or something? Thanks.

Solkarnar
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Maybe it could be due to your sacrifice being not powerful enough to even create 1 Royal Thorn?

JGary321
10-08-2008, 02:51 AM
It's not your leadership. Be careful with Sacrifice b/c you CAN get more than you leadership allows & then the units turn on you until you kill enough to get it under you leadership.

Keep in mind at lvl 1 Sacrifice it gives I think 50% health to the new unit. How much health is it taking from the unit you are sacrificing? Royal Thorns have 280 life. So that means the you need at least 560 health to be taken under sacrifice. Other than that I don't know what may be causing it.

ganjatron
10-08-2008, 03:07 AM
JGary321, thank you very much sir. You have figured out my problem. It plainly states in the description of Lvl1 Sacrifice that it does 425 damage and restores 50% of that to your target unit. If I did the simple math, I would have realized that 425/2 = 213. So, if your unit has more than 213 health, you need to upgrade the spell.

Thanks, now I understand better the way this works, for example, why I can create 4 Inquisitors but only 1 Knight and 0 Royal Thorns with the level 1 sacrifice.

Namel
10-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Can you sacrifice those little thorns that royal thorn can summon? Would be very cheap way to keep army up by sacrificing free summoned units. :)

JGary321
10-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Unfortunately you cannot =(

Tibster
10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Those are plants, and they have special rules!

Xelian
10-09-2008, 07:10 AM
I've never runned into such a spell in my game. And i'm level 20... Resurrection works fine though lol :P I usually finish most battles withouth loses. If they didn't attack my 4 level units which i can't resurrect.