PDA

View Full Version : Turtle boss bug

Ikarius
10-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Others discussed this elsewhere, and I just ran into this. Looks like the US version has a bug with the turtle boss.

I defeated the turtle, spoke to it, and got a message indicating that I "scribbled down" two spells from some magic formula the turtle spoke, and they were "Last Hero", and "Source of Magic". Unfortunately, I received no scrolls whatsoever. I made sure I had room for scrolls before entering the battle- I was 12/14 before the fight and 12/14 after. I also checked to see if I learned the one new spell and in my inventory, nothing showed up there either.

--Ikarius

Jamz
10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Same thing here, only I had 14/11 scrolls in my spell book on the first time. After reloading and disposing of some of them (7/11), no change. Furthermore, after speaking to the King about the turtle, he 'promoted' me and said that I shall receive appropriate regalia - nothing new appeared in my inventory.

Running 1.6b7 on C2D E7200, GF 8800 GTS 512, 2 GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP3 + latest DX.

Valerio80
11-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Same here... no scrolls :(

The regalia the king talks about, instead, should be the +500 leadership you receive after the talk :)

NatashaQuick
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
The King gives you a new title and extra leadership, "regalia" is just the wrong wording. However, the game has no problem letting you pick up scrolls over your maximum, you just can't buy over that limit. So, even if you had more scrolls than you should when you fight the turtle, you should still be able to pick them up.

I think those spells that you "scribble down" means that they are written into your spellbook and not scrolls. Try not learning those spells and then fighting the turtle to see if you learn them automatically.

Sandsai
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
It is a translation mix up. You do get the spells scrolls except Source of Magic is the Mana Spring spell.

Valerio80
11-14-2008, 01:56 AM
No, sorry, i don't have any new scroll in my book after the talk, and no new spells learned too. I'm sure cause i still don't have Mana Spring spell nor among my scrolls nor among my learned spells.

TemjinGold
11-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I think the latest patch fixes this (it's in the patchlog.)