PDA

View Full Version : Records

Digitalos
10-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Hello,

I am curious about the records displayed on the main menu, the characters that have achieved them are of many different types, more than just Warrior/Mage/Paladin. How did they get them?

Cheers,
Digit

bman654
10-07-2008, 03:30 AM
If it is anything like Space Rangers then the game assigns those titles based on how you played the game.

Digitalos
10-07-2008, 03:38 AM
If it is anything like Space Rangers then the game assigns those titles based on how you played the game.
That would make sense, but even before you start that table is full of the top scorers, and some of them have totally different characters.

r45hnu
10-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Have you played HoM&M? It's the same system. The game gives you the score and it assigns monster from the game - the better score, the more powerful monster assigned.

(at least I read it this way)

Digitalos
10-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Have you played HoM&M? It's the same system. The game gives you the score and it assigns monster from the game - the better score, the more powerful monster assigned.

(at least I read it this way)
Aaaaah ok. No I've not played HOMM, although if it's like this I will consider picking it up. :)

nemesis99
10-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Aaaaah ok. No I've not played HOMM, although if it's like this I will consider picking it up. :)

Well you can get a copy of Limited Edition of HOMM5 for about $20 in the USA from major Ebay sellers or Amazon.com, etc which includes HOMM5 + HOMM 4 base edition + HOMM 3 base edition which is great value.

You can also for about $15-20 buy HOMM 3 + 4 Complete Edition on DVD which includes base + all expansions for HOMM3 & 4 which is compatible with Win XP and possibly Vista.

HOMM3 is considered the best of the HOMM series and I'd back that statement up. What HOMM1 & 2 did, HOMM3 only made better. HOMM4 is different and while I think it is still a solid game in its own right it tried to change certain aspects of the game, but for that reason some think it's the least good of the HOMM games. I don't have much experience with HOMM 5, it resembles Etherlords II which Nival made prior to HOMM 5 in terms of interface and some of the graphic style, (not gameplay).

r45hnu
10-08-2008, 06:25 AM
HoM&M 2 was amazing game. I have spent countless hours playing it.

When HoM&M3 came out I couldn't belive - it was even better! The graphic was better, the game mechanics got better - it was so cool! Till today I find this title as best of the whole series (and if you look at how many maps and scenarios people released to this game you will see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way)

HoM&M 4 - to be honest I didn't even go past the demo. It was terrible. They have changed so many things and what's worse nothing was left from the beautiful graphics of part 3 playability was terrible, the game looked like release from people who didn't even play part 3, only read the review.

HoM&M 5 - they have fixed the graphics, got better in terms of playability, but they have lost this "something". There was no more joy of playing. Scenarios were boring and the campagin terrible. It was nice looking game, but not worth the time if you have played HoM&M 3.

That's why I love KB:L so much it has cute graphics, fun and long storyline and playability better than HoM&M 3!

phoenixreborn
10-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Homm 5 goes back to H2 not to H3. The H3 art was very poor for my taste. Homm 2 was much much better artistically.

I prefer the flaws of h5 to the flaws of h3.

Loimko
01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
So do you have to finish King's Bounty to get in the Record list ? How does that work ?
And are they real players ? Is it updated data ? Or are they all NPC records.

Metathron
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, of course you have to finish.

I think they're all generic scores.

Loimko
01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Hmm that's too bad :(

Might have to make a topic with Score screenshots then :) I like a little competition!

Gatts
01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
My wanna be best score, but I missed two quests... but well... I done it in 6 days... I would never believe it is possible... was hell difficult play...
Not to say, I had possibly ye worst randomness ever... wishing wells were giving me only money, levelups brought often mana/int... (as you can see, I have INT 21 or so... WHY? no need!) I was not able to complete at least one set of arteafacts (only set was scope + ale... pche!) spells that would be fine if I would be mage, or if I would not run with time, and be only with the army I bought last time... I was able to get skill "reserve" when I did not need it anymore... enemy armies had too often non-living units... my poor vamps had noone to suck blood from... I got sacrifice 1 hour before I finished the game... hell, no luck....

Gatts
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
For the record avatars:

when you look at them before you do any your own record, it will make sense
hero with undead army has GHOST avatar, hero with elven army has FEARIE avatar... hero with many dragons has... black dragon avatar... so the avatar represents the pre-made record list players... alos funny is that they days of completement are : 35, 40, 50, 60, 70... and that their quest completed are 55 in average... they missed pretty many quests, didn't they?

Messedar
01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Can you wrote, how you did it in 6 days? Because I'm trying to count it and I have completly no idea how you were able to shrink it below 7.

day 1: game starts - clear darion
day 2: (before 7am) - kill turtle, and finish darion
day 3: (before 7am) - travel to freedom isles
day 4: (before 7am) - back to darion + kordar + demonis
day 5: (before 7am) - travel to ellinia
day 6: (before 7am) - travel back to darion
day 7: (before 7am) - travel to ellinia + end game (if before 12.00am on day 7)

Still I see no possibility to do it faster. Show me, where I am wrong.

osmanli
04-19-2009, 02:20 PM
What can be done if , one mistakenly saved on his old save . how can you retrieve your old save???