PDA

View Full Version : staff of distruction - gone

BoomBa
10-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Finish the "staff of distruction" quest (Im not sure about the name) in the mage tower. According to the dialogs I understood I was getting the staff but when I looked at the items screen I could not find it.

There was something about money in the dialog but I didnt really read it, there wasn't any "choice dialog".
(I was really wanted to check the staff it since Im a mage...)

Is it a bug ?
What did I do wrong ?
... and what are the staff abilities (is it worth loading the game) ?

Thanks,

Boomba.

Shd
10-06-2008, 11:00 AM
If i remember correctly when you trying to get staff as reward mage says that it is too dangerous for non experienced mage (at least in russian version). Anyway, you cannot get staff as reward :)

Gatts
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I remember that in the coutnry of Arlania (where the blue dragon is) I was able to fight for 3 levels in the mage tower - on the top level was the staff (with 200 or 250 mana) when this staff was defeated, I was rewarded with this staff (was already upgraded to second level).

I had 1.6b7 ENG version w/o any mods when I finished this quest first time.

jake21
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I remember that in the coutnry of Arlania (where the blue dragon is) I was able to fight for 3 levels in the mage tower - on the top level was the staff (with 200 or 250 mana) when this staff was defeated, I was rewarded with this staff (was already upgraded to second level).

I had 1.6b7 ENG version w/o any mods when I finished this quest first time.

---
I also have 1.6b7 (atari dvd version and I also did this quest). I was not given the staff of destruction - he said it was too powerful. I was given the druid staff which can be found in various places.

Gatts
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL - that sounds like you was scammed - well, after all druid staff is not bad as well

For this I can spare a hint - the hell girl wife can have two weapons, meaning you can have more staffs (I had 2 archmagi staffs and one archdruid staff, great for inteligence boost :) )

Tibster
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
The staff does not exist as a item , please look in the rus. fan manual!
I think that it's just a dev's joke to make u wander what woud it do ?

Raider
10-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Well next time try to read the text - the game is not simply a click fest. the story can be improved greately but it is fun to read it nonetheless.

As for the staff, i was wondering if the mages can get it as i'm a kinght and wanted to test it on my next playtrough but it looks like you can't get it either way... oh well...

Xelian
10-08-2008, 11:40 AM
The mages don't get the stuff all the time either. I was a mage and i didn't get it. Pehaps it requires a certain level of mage or maybe something linked with the amount of army loses during the fight?

Zhuangzi
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I didn't get it either just now. Annoying. :-x

Tibster
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Let Me Sey This Agin The Staff Does Not Exist As A item!