PDA

View Full Version : Running low on gold...I mean REALLY low...

oceanskie
10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
So I managed to blow through my entire treasury while wading through the mob fest in the labyrinth, even killed the lvl30 skelie guy. After barely managing to clear out the Murok exit for a path to the giant orc, I'm at a loss to find the gold needed to raise an army for a showdown. Given that I've already scoured the entire world map for chests and done every single side quest except closing the portal to demonis, any one have an inventive idea to conjure up gold?

Writhan
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I always have all kind of junk in my inventory. If you do too, you could always sell some of it :)

Gatts
10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Well - you can UPGRADE all your upgradable items - you get some gold from the battles
also as said before - sell all you don't really need

But than - hmm - maybe you could try that Sacrifice spell - buy low cost armies and sacrify them to increas you high cost armies in numbers (change peasants into dragons like way)

after this I would be out of hints myself (I know that I spent all my quadrilions in the castle of dwarven prince for mana crystals and some runes... ) but I never experienced lack of money at the end of the game (true is that on higer difficulty levelst I was saving money everywhere, maxed the TRADER skill ASAP and sold everything I didn't need, even backup armies like spider or snake eggs, thorn sprouts... I sold all scrolls I didn't want to use in my spellbook (I have to save my mana crystals as well) and I bought only armies that are cost friendly (like vamps and ghosties) at the beginning of the game (in the swamp cementry you can buy normal ghosts, if you are lucky even vamps, if you are extremly lucky the LVL 4 vamps) also if you complete the furious paladin quest and he is changed in undead - you can buy cheap undead armies from him. (When battles as fought correctly, I could always get + 5% ~ 15% of gosts more after the combat) So when my LEADERSHIP increased - I used the ghosts that I stored in the back up slot, instead of buying new ones)

But when I would already be in a situation when I am low on money and armies and all isles of Endoria are cleared out - I would be screwed as well :(

Zhuangzi
10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't know if you are still playing on Hard, oceanskie? I had a similar problem in my Hard game but I just managed to make it through to the end, with about 200,000 left. In fact I didn't have enough money to complete all the sidequests. :rolleyes:

For future reference, upgrade Trading skill to 100% sell value before selling any items. Keep them in your inventory until then. Otherwise you are throwing money away.

I haven't found any way to make money in this game other than by doing quests. But there did come a point for me where the quests were costing me more in new troops than I was getting in reward, so I totally understand the problem.

It won't help you at this late stage, but I can also highly recommend Phantom spell level 3 as a troop saver - creates a 43% size phantom stack that you can use as cannon fodder. :cool: