PDA

View Full Version : Stuck monster bug

hasim
10-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone!,

First of all congratulations for a great game! It sure has me hooked.
One small bug however - I am in lower hadar and a monster stack is stuck in an elevator. I cannot fight it, and I cannot enter the elevator to go up in upper hadar.
any help please?
I have reloaded an earlier save but nothing. I would prefer not having to reload a very much earlier save because it would take me very far back.

Thanks in advance.

Tempo
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
There is 2 elevators from Lower Hadar to Upper. You can try to use another one.

hasim
10-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah I know - but this one leads to the "Test of truth" and there is no other :(

Tempo
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
In this case I am afraid that only way you have is to loading earlier saves.

hasim
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I was afraid of that - ah well, thanks for the help my friend :)

Netriak
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM
That is not the only solution, you can also use debug mode. Start the game with the -dev parameter, and use Control-Q to teleport on the elevator or over the mountains to reach the now unreachable area.

hasim
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
wow! this sure is helpful! Again, thank you very much for your help and time :)

maverick6146
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Can anyone post a more thorough command list for the debug mode?

I too have a monster stuck issue, but the monster is not blocking. maybe other debug commands could somehow let the battle commence......

Aymes
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes, I have the exact same issue

SirJohn
11-23-2008, 02:04 PM
I have this too, probably the same spot as the first poster, I ran from a black dragon and just made it to the elevator. Whn I came back down his foot was stuck in the evevator and he could not be engadged, and I could not get back to the lift.

How do you start in dev mode? Is this a switch on the exe or an entry to the ini file? EDIT: Found you must add -dev to end of shortcut path. It worked and I was able to go up, and upon coming back down the usual way, the monster stack was able to attack again.

And I was about to give up the game after going halfway thru! Thanks for the save dude.

Aymes
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
monster is not blocking, but the battle just won't commence.

Boar
12-21-2008, 04:28 AM
That is not the only solution, you can also use debug mode. Start the game with the -dev parameter, and use Control-Q to teleport on the elevator or over the mountains to reach the now unreachable area.

I am having the same problem someone else mentioned -- managed to dodge a fight with a black dragon group and now it's stuck on the elevator and I can't fight it or ride the elevator, and it leads to the battle against yourself.
How exactly do you add the -dev command to your shortcut? And then how (and where) do you use control-Q? Sorry, it's been a long time since my Quake days! This is the best game and so far I've been able to work around most problems, but this has me a bit stuck. Thanks.
*Edit: sorry -- this was in Targon mines, and was NOT the fight against yourself, but some non-essential fight with a stack once you got up on the peaks. I did manage to use the workaround, by putting -dev at the end of the shortcut line (first line, after the quotes) and then using cntrl-Q as instructed and it worked -- I was able to ride the elevator. Thanks!