PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for Developers

Digitalos
10-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi 1C and Katauri,

I stumbled upon a write-up of your game on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and it sounded quite interesting. I'm not a huge fan of turn-based games, but there have been some awesome ones like Etherlords and Age of Wonders that I couldn't resist. I haven't played the demo for King's Bounty, but I did spend quite a while browsing your site and reading up about the game. I also went and watched the four videos you have linked in the video section.

It was at that point that I pretty much just went and bought the game. I wanted to make a post to convey how utterly impressed I am at the entire approach of your site and also, the massive attention to detail you have invested in the game. The sheer common sense of everything is so refreshing, I am almost in a state of shock. Every single game developer out there should have videos just like yours, that show you exactly what you do in the game, and how and the limits and features of everything. It's just amazing, and to be honest, it really shouldn't be amazing at all, it should be the standard and I'm surprised to find myself being surprised, if that makes sense.

I would have happily payed double for this title, but instead of doing that, I will just make sure to buy your next game instead and continue supporting your incredible efforts.

All the best,
Digit

phoenixreborn
10-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Actually enjoying king's bounty I want to go back and buy Space Rangers 2. I'm waiting until I finish KB first.

bman654
10-04-2008, 05:01 AM
SR2 Rocks! Buy the SR2 Complete package at Stardock's impulse website. It includes the Reboot expansion.

Zhuangzi
10-04-2008, 06:04 AM
You can't get it from Stardock if you're not in the US, bman. :evil:

This is why I am yet to play Reboot even though I loved SR2.

Tuco
10-04-2008, 07:16 AM
You can't get it from Stardock if you're not in the US, bman. :evil:

This is why I am yet to play Reboot even though I loved SR2.
Well, I bought it anyway.
Region check is really easy to avoid.

bman654
10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
yep. If you are not in the US you may be waiting forever unless you bypass the region check. 1c keeps saying "just a few more days" but they've been saying that for months now.

bugmenot
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice, I loved Space Rangers 2. I didn't even know they had released Reboot.

5 minutes on google tells me Reboot seems like more of a patch with a few nice things added, rather than an a real expansion, but it doesn't answer my real question:

I tried SR2 again a few months ago, but it didn't support my widescreen monitor very well, does Reboot have widescreen support? Or is everything streched?
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

bman654
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I dunno. I don't have widescreen.

phoenixreborn
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I am in US, but I'm waiting to see what 1c releases.

Digitalos
10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I've been playing it the last few days and in all honesty the only thing I would suggest would be:

1) A seamless world.
2) Multiplayer coop.

:D

Please. ^_^

Digitalos
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Actually I just thought of another thing - if you ask your hero to interact with an item that has a free army in it, for example the coffins in the cemetary, and you have no room for the army, they are wasted. It would be nice if they remained there for later use. :)