PDA

View Full Version : No Audio

Holywizy
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I bougth the gamne on http://www.direct2drive.com/ and befor i bougth it there I had the Demo .. Same problem in the demo version and the original version i have no Audio AT all PLEAS PLEASE help

mothman
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Hello,

First of all is the sound issue problem only isolated to this game? Prior to launching the game did you get sound before or even when you exit the game?

What type of sound card do you have? Is it on board sound? If you have a separate sound card (meaning not on board) then have you tried updating the drivers for the sound card? Also if applicable check your BIOS and verify that the on board sound option is disabled.

Another suggestion is to verify that their are no high priorty updates for your computer. Launch your IE Browser and select TOOLS > Windows Update.

Also launch command DXDIAG from the START > RUN window and see if their are any reported errors in the sound tab.

Holywizy
10-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Hello,

First of all is the sound issue problem only isolated to this game? Prior to launching the game did you get sound before or even when you exit the game?

What type of sound card do you have? Is it on board sound? If you have a separate sound card (meaning not on board) then have you tried updating the drivers for the sound card? Also if applicable check your BIOS and verify that the on board sound option is disabled.

Another suggestion is to verify that their are no high priorty updates for your computer. Launch your IE Browser and select TOOLS > Windows Update.

Also launch command DXDIAG from the START > RUN window and see if their are any reported errors in the sound tab.

I have a board sound card and i do get music asoon as i exit the game . and befor i enter the game

mothman
10-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Ok, if you have sound before you start KB and after you exit the game then when you are in the game, at the menu click on the options and see if you have the music and sounds checked. If they are not checked then check them and verify the volume controls.

If this does not solve your problem what type of sound card is it? Also as stated in prior post run the DXDIAG to verify their are no sound issues.

bman654
10-03-2008, 04:01 AM
someone said this in another thread a few days ago:

If you still have the problem of no sound goto the default.ini file located in the data folder of Kings Bounty.
Open with notepad.

Scroll to the bottom and locate # Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -1 change the 1 to a 0 so it should now look like this

# Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -0

Close and save.

and there's your sound