PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading the evil shoal rage ability..

LiveInABox
10-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Well this is the best abilty for the swamp thing but im kinda annoying its not letting me upgrade it! whenever i get new experience its now either the armor or the spit..the armor is now really high but costs like 30 rage. I've only upgraded the shaol like twice and it stopped showing it as a choice when i choose to upgrade the armor over it, about 4 levels ago. now it never shows it.

how does it work it out what to give u as an option?

Nike-it
10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Well this is the best abilty for the swamp thing but im kinda annoying its not letting me upgrade it! whenever i get new experience its now either the armor or the spit..the armor is now really high but costs like 30 rage. I've only upgraded the shaol like twice and it stopped showing it as a choice when i choose to upgrade the armor over it, about 4 levels ago. now it never shows it.

These upgrades are randomized, so wait for appropriate upgrade.

Tuplis
10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
The shoal was one of my favorites too for a while but then it suddenly didn't get anything for like 6 levels. The shield on the other hand is excellent because it costs me about 7 rage and it'll absord even a hit of 10000 damage altho the strength of the shield is much lower. That's why I tend to send my dragons and griffins on very dangerous missions :)

The bottom line is, you have to adjust your strategy according to what you're being offered.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Later on the Evil Shoal will seem quite weak. My favourite mass attack Rage spell is in fact the Underground Spikes, which by level 25 are doing 360-700 damage to ALL targets on the screen. No more messing about trying to get the angles right. :cool:

kennec
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
i like that rage that tale away 20% of enemy strenght for 5 ragepoints.

supergood facing hugestacks that are immune to my damage spells.

i have upgraded it to have rest:2 from original :4

Tuplis
10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
i like that rage that tale away 20% of enemy strenght for 5 ragepoints.

supergood facing hugestacks that are immune to my damage spells.

i have upgraded it to have rest:2 from original :4

Mine's 40% and like 25 rage. It was around 20 points more expensive but I got lucky on last level. I hope I'll get lucky again soon :) On big stacks it seems it hits harder than any of my archers can crit so I'd say it's a pretty good skill

Shd
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM

According to fan manual:

For lvl 3 evil shoal you need your rage spirit at least lvl 8. Mechanics works like:
If you reach all prerequisites (in this case lvl 8 and 2nd level of evil shoal) then one of the choices will be lvl 3 evil shoal (of course if at that point you dont have reached prerequisites for 3 skills. In that case it may not propose you to upgrade that skill, but such situation is almost impossible). So you dont have lvl 8, you hadn't lvl 2 shoal when reached lvl 8 or you just missed it... If you missed it or didn't had lvl 2 shoal at lvl 8 then next chance to get it is completely random.

Tibster
10-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Fear ME!:-P
Black Hole!
1100-1500 dmg.,80 rage ( :rolleyes: ),rest 2 (as if i can gather 80 rage in 2 turns again ! )
Muhahahahahahah .. .coh , coh .. Hahaha :twisted:

megakill
10-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Loved the black hole. Turn 1 - collect Rage from enemy, turn 2 - use smth else, turn 3 - black hole, end of battle :-)

Daedalus
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
would be nice if the fan manual would be translated into english so that other fans can join these types of discussions...

LiveInABox
10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Later on the Evil Shoal will seem quite weak. My favourite mass attack Rage spell is in fact the Underground Spikes, which by level 25 are doing 360-700 damage to ALL targets on the screen. No more messing about trying to get the angles right. :cool:

yeah thats overtaking the shoal as my current fave mass rage spell (from the first two creatures anyway).

LiveInABox
10-03-2008, 10:16 PM
The shield on the other hand is excellent because it costs me about 7 rage and it'll absord even a hit of 10000 damage altho the strength of the shield is much lower. That's why I tend to send my dragons and griffins on very dangerous missions :)

but griffins dont have a range attack do they? only seems worth using it on range units as they cant move once cast. they cant counter either while its active (would be better if they could).

Tuplis
10-03-2008, 11:49 PM
but griffins dont have a range attack do they? only seems worth using it on range units as they cant move once cast. they cant counter either while its active (would be better if they could).

Ye but what I try to do is take the griffins in the middle of the enemy (which is very possible with lvl 2 tactics) and plant the birdies next to a stack or three of ranged attackers with speeds of 1 or 2. I sometimes use up the shield to get a free hit on a very big stack plus their melee never ever try to go after your archers while there's a fat stack of griffins messing around.