PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong ???

BoomBa
10-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi EveryBody.

Im playing a mage, lvl 6, NORMAL diff (leadship 1500+, ragebox 4-5), currently in Freedom Island and Im having trouble winning battles. I saw messages in the forum mentioning army size, gold, etc and it is so far from what Im having (30k gold is a lot for me)

I use alot of fireballs (lvl2) and the RageBox - archers, swordsmen, etc
(I cant even get the knights and horsemen)
What am I doing wrong ?
Am I missing anyting in the way Im playing ?

Boomba.

Daedalus
10-02-2008, 01:31 PM
do the darion quests first except the staff of destruction, finding the treasure and the evil kid in the marsh. you should be able to handle certain battles on the isles, do lots of quests there, they are primarily fetch quests so that should be pretty easy

Kolorabi
10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
And run/sail around collecting stuff, while running from the monsters that protect it. Boost your leadership by finding flags, for instance. Early on, the islands are very difficult, but by finishing the fights in the other areas first, and collecting goodies without getting caught (remember to dig for treasure as well), you will get to a turning point where it stops being a problem.

Also, if you're feeling up to it, try to kill the kraken (talk to Mirabella at the eastern islands). It'll be a hard fight, but not much harder than what you're used to (bring loads of expendable troops), and you get tons of experience for it. If you also kill Lucky Jack (the guy in the mines - another hard-ish fight, but not really a problem), you can marry Mirabella, and get an extra bonus to any pirates in your army. With the flag you can get from the easy "her weight in gold"-quest (house next to Mirabella), you can give the pirates even more of an advantage - making them into cheap and very good melee fighters.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
You can't take on the enemies in Freedom Islands at first. They are too hard.

- You need to sail around as mentioned above picking up anything you can find.
- You should also make sure you have completed all the Darion quests. The crypt area in Marshan Swamp is great for xp, and it's a lot easier than Freedom Islands.
- You should kill the Kraken as soon as you can (not at level 6). In fact, I thought that the three boss fights in this game were all surprisingly easy. Then you can get Mirabella, and you can load up on Pirates and Sea Dogs.
- Just remember that if a fight is too hard in this game, there are easier fights somewhere else. You basically have to do them in order of difficulty. Oh, and upgrade Scouting to level 3.

Hope that helps...

kennec
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
all new areas in game untill endgame are to hard.

even with millions of money and loads of dragons in your army the demonland pose a real challange to advance in. i am normaly facing

: 20-50 dragons in one stack
:600-1000 demon archers wich hits for aoe
:200-400 sturdy lvl mobs wich hits several mobs and have 200hp each
:1000-4000 random lvl 1 or 2 mobs

against it i can have max 8 dragons in one stack or 10 giants or 90 knights.....

all exept the last ones aremagic resistance and fire resistance. battles for me now take realy long time but its been like this since begining. new areas get harder and harder. realy nice challange of the game and adds to the game addictviness.

Shd
10-02-2008, 03:05 PM
: 20-50 dragons in one stack

I believe 50 bone dragons, but i never seen 50 black ones :confused:. Maximum i sough 2 stacks of black ones 24 each. May be of course for some reason they didn't divide and you got 50 black, but still not "normaly". What is build version you playing?

kennec
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I believe 50 bone dragons, but i never seen 50 black ones :confused:. Maximum i sough 2 stacks of black ones 24 each. May be of course for some reason they didn't divide and you got 50 black, but still not "normaly". What is build version you playing?

russian 1.64 (build 34206)

i just had a huge fight with 76 red dragons. i seen blacks in 40-50 stacks not to often though, mostly they are in 2-3 10-20 stacks.

Shd
10-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Same version as i play. Then may be i was just lucky to not get such large numbers in one stack (but them i am very lucky because i completed game more than 5 times). 76 dragons in overall is ok, but if they are in 3-4 stacks :)

BigBoss
10-03-2008, 06:29 AM
MB u don't play on the same dificulty, and thats why u get smalers stack of monsters.

Shd
10-03-2008, 06:31 AM
3 times played on impossible (i am playing on impossible only now :) )

Edited: 2 times on 1.6.2, 1 on 1.6.4. So may be that was luck, but differences between 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 wasnt at mobs strengts as i remember.