PDA

View Full Version : Auto Combat takes over

GreyBeard
10-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Hello have a problem lately in fights auto combat takes over and no matter how much I hit the icon for non-auto it still takes over.

Obviously this is a big problem losing control over my army in combat.

Anyone else have this problem ?

I might re-install the game and see if that helps, it didn't do it for most the game I had played lvl 6 Warrior, but lately it has ruined combat for me.

Thanks for any help
GB

Sleeping Sun
10-02-2008, 04:40 AM
Hello have a problem lately in fights auto combat takes over and no matter how much I hit the icon for non-auto it still takes over.

Obviously this is a big problem losing control over my army in combat.

Anyone else have this problem ?

I might re-install the game and see if that helps, it didn't do it for most the game I had played lvl 6 Warrior, but lately it has ruined combat for me.

Thanks for any help
GB

Maybe it's not autocombat, it's you fighting against wolves. The have the 'fear' ability, that makes your low-level troops ignore your comands

phoenixreborn
10-02-2008, 05:08 AM
One wishes the manual explained stuff like this. You know, basic game mechanics.

GreyBeard
10-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Its not that, now almost every battle easy or hard auto combat takes over, I click on the icon to turn it off it stays off for a round or so then auto kicks in again.

I can't play the game with a bug like this, was just fighting a large group of Mages and I had NO control over the battle.

I just re-installed the game so I will see what happens and post again.

Very frustrating :confused:

GB

Sleeping Sun
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Can't help with this problem. Try to repeat your question to game devs or admins.

phoenixreborn
10-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Your 'a' key is stuck!

Wolfpaw
10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
If you have more units in your stack(s) than your leadership allows the troops act on theirselves, too.

GreyBeard
10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Hello reinstalled the game and played some entered 3-4 battles and auto-combat seems to be working like it should.

It didn't come on at all, maybe I just had a bad first install. I think it may have to do with using Tactics skill seems when I started using that it starting acting up.

Hopefully its all fixed so I can play this great game. Will update if have anymore problems.

Thanks for suggestions.
GB

Teigetje
12-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello,

Im sometimes have this problem to. Very very annoying:-x. But there is then 1 unit or so I can still control. I read the reply saying that it could have something todo with the morale on the lower units. I agree that the manual is less then adequate if these kinds of game mechanics are not part of it (in other words they suck:evil:). Do not get me wrong I like the game but the explanation of it in the manual is certainly not up to par. But I still like an answer from an admin if it is part of the game or that it is a bug which can be fixed by reinstalling?/

taltamir
12-27-2008, 05:19 PM
run memtest to check for errors, even a single error means you have defective hardware.
You should not be getting "bad installs" unless there is a hardware issue corrupting data as it is written.