PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for "Mage Trial" in Arlania. (Paladin & Warrior Tactic)

KuPPeRz
10-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Once you get to this quest you will realize that as a Paladin or Warrior, your units are cut in 1/2 for various reasons that Commander Nerold will explain to you.

Sooner or later you will also realize that going back in forth for your favorite units, or units that you lose that are getting bonuses from equipped items can be a real pain in the ass, and will cause a boredom to this game at various points ( even though you will only be bored for the run back :)).

Using the reserve 2/2 will allow you to hold 2 more units that do not participate in battle until you swap them out with another unit. Usually it's wise to replace with a unit that is extremely low in numbers or has fallen in battle.

Simple as this: While doing this quest, whatever units you have in reserve will not be cut in 1/2, and will continue to stay as they are when you pull them from reserve after entering. Make sure it is a somewhat strong unit that is maxed out and preferably receiving bonuses from a majority of the equipped items. Using the Spirit "Lina" in this quest can be very useful for 1 of 2 reasons...

1: Gizmo is extremely useful for the Damage it gives, and for the 0 it receives.

2. Ice Thorns: Isolating 1/2 of the melee units can make it easier for all your units to rotate on one side, usually the upper 1/2 of the grid on their side, so that way you won't have to worry about not being able to counter-attack units or focusing on other units rather than archers. ( THIS TACTIC CAN BE USED FOR JUST ABOUT ANY BATTLE, USING IT IN THIS ONE IS A MUST AT A LOW LEVEL:!:)

I hope this helps.

fell
10-03-2008, 07:51 AM
It does not.

KuPPeRz
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
It does not.

You seriously need to grow up kid, I have had a couple people already pm me and tell me this strategy was effective for them and asked me about other crap.

It's quite obvious I annoy you in some way because I point you out as a wanna be "know it all" and shoot your lame ass tactics down. It's the same reason you came back in here seeing if I would respond to your post. You are an annoying little kid. Paladins and Warriors, not crummy little mages who haven't tried the warrior class and talk about someones warrior strategy not being effective.

fell
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Stick to the topic and stop the personal attacks. Im sure everyone agrees its childish and uncalled for. Thanks in advance! ;)

Tibster
10-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Why dont u use armagdon!:grin:

KuPPeRz
10-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Stick to the topic and stop the personal attacks. Im sure everyone agrees its childish and uncalled for. Thanks in advance! ;)

Ok, the only guy who talks shit to me comes in here, says it does not, and then tells me to stop personal attacks. You are so childish man. Get a grip, this is a forum webpage. I know you feel all big and bad on the internet so I can cut you some slack, but you really need to knock it off.

fell
10-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok, the only guy who talks shit to me comes in here, says it does not, and then tells me to stop personal attacks. You are so childish man. Get a grip, this is a forum webpage. I know you feel all big and bad on the internet so I can cut you some slack, but you really need to knock it off.

You obviously dont know what a "personal attack" means. If you are unable to post like a grown up do everyone a favor and dont post. Thanks!:rolleyes:

bman654
10-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice tip, although it seems kinda like cheating if the reserves are not cut in half also :D

KuPPeRz
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Please do not talk to someone as if you were a grown up. It's the only reason you even came to this thread was to start problems, its kind of blatant. You admitted being a mage class after calling my strategy horrible, do you know how dumb you look right now kid? It is not for your class. This strategy has been affective quite a few times for players so you can go ahead and constantly make yourself look like an ass.

ProNoob
10-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Dude, this guy fell guy is a joke. I really only come on here to check out what some people say about certain things or just to find out something because I am stuck. Never really was a forum type of guy. Fell you are a dickhead man, I seen what was going on in the other topic, came here, and quite frankly it's way too obvious you are attacking him, not the other way around. If I was an admin you would be long gone. This strategy worked for me, i'm a warrior but I dont use his melee strategy. I will confirm, if anything, that it works when I try it, but i'm quite sure that since this strategy worked that his all melee strategy works too. It's funny how some people take the time to help others and in return they get immature adolescents running the world with their brain power. In other words, you try to be a wise guy but look like a asshole in return.

ywhtptgt
11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Once you get to this quest you will realize that as a Paladin or Warrior, your units are cut in 1/2 for various reasons that Commander Nerold will explain to you.

Sooner or later you will also realize that going back in forth for your favorite units, or units that you lose that are getting bonuses from equipped items can be a real pain in the ass, and will cause a boredom to this game at various points ( even though you will only be bored for the run back :)).

Using the reserve 2/2 will allow you to hold 2 more units that do not participate in battle until you swap them out with another unit. Usually it's wise to replace with a unit that is extremely low in numbers or has fallen in battle.

Simple as this: While doing this quest, whatever units you have in reserve will not be cut in 1/2, and will continue to stay as they are when you pull them from reserve after entering. Make sure it is a somewhat strong unit that is maxed out and preferably receiving bonuses from a majority of the equipped items. Using the Spirit "Lina" in this quest can be very useful for 1 of 2 reasons...

1: Gizmo is extremely useful for the Damage it gives, and for the 0 it receives.

2. Ice Thorns: Isolating 1/2 of the melee units can make it easier for all your units to rotate on one side, usually the upper 1/2 of the grid on their side, so that way you won't have to worry about not being able to counter-attack units or focusing on other units rather than archers. ( THIS TACTIC CAN BE USED FOR JUST ABOUT ANY BATTLE, USING IT IN THIS ONE IS A MUST AT A LOW LEVEL:!:)

I hope this helps. Doesn't seem to be anything new... Besides, there are tonnes of overpowered strategies that can let you finish this in a breeze anyway.........

vicheron
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
You can just wait until you have enough artifacts to raise your intellect to 15.

Keneth
11-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Yup, I came back from Kordar once I hit 15 and just plowed through the quest, I don't see why anyone should bother doing quests that are too taxing for them at any one level, the rewards are not that great.

bashar_mc
12-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Or you can just dodge the enemy armies and activate the 3 things without fighting. Just press space, click, space, click and with lots of quick saves and loads and lot of patience it can be done.

I've done this and completed the quest at level 5 on Hard.

But now i am a little worried couse it seams i cannot enter that area again and defeat those armies. I am much stronger now and want to defeat those armies but i cannot enter.

Metathron
12-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, you can only enter once. Which is why I decided to get the xp rather than evade, even if it's a good bonus early on.

YENKO
12-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Worried that the quest was far, far harder than it really was, I avoided it completely. Once I hit lvl 20, I was on business out there and decided to finally tackle the quest. I mopped the floor with those, now puny enemy armies and realized..I am my greatest enemy, since I deprived myself of those couple fun battles, now useless because I was so overpowered when I finally completed the quest.
First pass through the game sucks sometimes :(

Ryder
12-25-2008, 09:43 PM
It's a crap reward anyway. Same with the tournament fights you get with Master Richard.

The reward should be an artifact you cant get anywhere else in the game. It was such a let down to recieve something I already had.

Metathron
12-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, I happen to think the +2 might runes after every fight in the tournament is pretty good, at least if you're a warrior. Runes are always welcome in my book. Moreso than artifacts! :o