PDA

View Full Version : How can I recruit...

blueshrike
10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
1. royal snakes?

Figured I'd leave the title open in case anyone else has a request and wants to post it under. Do the snake eggs hatch royal snakes? If not, I haven't seen anywhere to recruit them.

2. more inquisitors?

At the mage tower in the area next to the starting area I was able to get inquisitors, but have recruited them all! (lvl 7 mage currently). Will they replenish, and when? Is there another good spot? I know about the priest upgrade skill, but prefer for this game not to go that far into the mind tree. Thanks.

knoxchris
10-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Inquisitors become available from the mage school in the Verlon Forest, there's a thousand or so just do the quests there. There's also a few more vendors selling them sprinkled throughout, I found some more in the elven lands last night.

I think Royals are avail in the "Snakes' Underground" in Arlania, but i'm not sure.

Quikpik
10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
1. Only place I've seen Royal Snakes is in the Snake Underground from the Witch's hut and then only became available after completing the Love Potion quest.

2. I've found Inquistors in the Magic Academy and then again in Freedom Islands. In my other game, the Furious Paladin had some. It's just the luck of the draw due to the randomness of spawns. They don't respawn and that holds true for other places that sell monsters. The only place that will respawn in the main castle after completing some main story line quests.

blueshrike
10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Inquisitors become available from the mage school in the Verlon Forest, there's a thousand or so just do the quests there. There's also a few more vendors selling them sprinkled throughout, I found some more in the elven lands last night.

I think Royals are avail in the "Snakes' Underground" in Arlania, but i'm not sure.

Thanks, but the amount of inquisitors that the tower had for me wasn't anywhere near 1000. It was more like 20-50? I'm almost out and have had a few return trips for restocking. Does it depend on when you go?

jake21
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I think three places in the swamp will sell royal snakes. There is a quest with three brothers - when you complete it one or two of them wil sell royal snakes. Also the witch per note below.

My understanding is this is a bit random per game so in the game I am currently playing (normal - mage) it did for me...

1. Only place I've seen Royal Snakes is in the Snake Underground from the Witch's hut and then only became available after completing the Love Potion quest.

2. I've found Inquistors in the Magic Academy and then again in Freedom Islands. In my other game, the Furious Paladin had some. It's just the luck of the draw due to the randomness of spawns. They don't respawn and that holds true for other places that sell monsters. The only place that will respawn in the main castle after completing some main story line quests.

Suporex
10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks, but the amount of inquisitors that the tower had for me wasn't anywhere near 1000. It was more like 20-50? I'm almost out and have had a few return trips for restocking. Does it depend on when you go?

You need to follow main quest in order for some troops replenish + if you play a mage (don't know about others) you have a skill to turn priests into inquisitors

Shd
10-02-2008, 06:08 AM
All classes have skill to turn priests to Inquisitors. Its at the bottom of the Paladin tree.

Troop generation is absolutely random (except very few places AFAIK), so its possible to not get inquisitors at 1st or 2nd continent at all.

About royal snakes: i am not sure, but i think one place when i had them always is Witchs hut (in cave not far from mage polygon. There you must go to complete one stage of frog wife quest). Always there is hight possibility (but only possibility) to get them in any seller in swamp.

kennec
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
i still have that mage school quest undone at lv 27.

i have spent hours on it but i cant find royal snakes. i checked snake cave swamp and all other noob areas. i mean talked and checked every house/cave.

i made all questsin swamp to but they only sell snakes and march snakes.

to bad not all quests started can be completed.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
i still have that mage school quest undone at lv 27.

i have spent hours on it but i cant find royal snakes. i checked snake cave swamp and all other noob areas. i mean talked and checked every house/cave.

i made all questsin swamp to but they only sell snakes and march snakes.

to bad not all quests started can be completed.

I'm level 25 and I still can't complete this quest either, but for me it's because I CAN'T BUY A CYCLOPS ANYWHERE :confused:

kennec
10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm level 25 and I still can't complete this quest either, but for me it's because I CAN'T BUY A CYCLOPS ANYWHERE :confused:

i found 2 of them in some tavern in chreiston mines. some of the first maps in dwarfland when still lvl 4 mobs owns. lol

jake21
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Yea. I found lots of cyclops in the dwarven area. My problem is that I can't complete the quest because i can't find an expert to help the mages decipher the animals. I'm hopeful I will run across one in the elven area (just arrived there) but if not I guess I'm in deep kabogle

i found 2 of them in some tavern in chreiston mines. some of the first maps in dwarfland when still lvl 4 mobs owns. lol

Psychward
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
I got lots of Royal Snakes from the 2 older frog brothers in the swamp. If I remember correctly, I had to click the right arrow to see the 5th units available from the castles.

I got the Cyclops from the Governor of the Freedom Islands. After I went and talked to Duke Voz, I ended up killing him instead of the merc that the governor sent. After talking to the Governor to complete the quest, he had 4 cyclops available for purchase (I reloaded the game and killed the merc instead, and the governor did NOT give me the cyclops to buy, so I reloaded again)...

kennec
10-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I got the Cyclops from the Governor of the Freedom Islands. After I went and talked to Duke Voz, I ended up killing him instead of the merc that the governor sent. After talking to the Governor to complete the quest, he had 4 cyclops available for purchase (I reloaded the game and killed the merc instead, and the governor did NOT give me the cyclops to buy, so I reloaded again)...

exellent post dude
i will use this when i replay game. cyklops are very nice units.

kennec
10-02-2008, 07:26 PM
in eastern taron mines before elevator to dward train an taverna sells cyklops in my game

royal snakes can be found in mudins castle in swamp after doing all quests. remember press right to check all mobs avaible.!

took me some hours to that shit out

Psychward
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Has anyone found a good way to get more Royal Thorns? I found 38 at the statue looking thing in elven lands, but I need more! (38 didn't fill my stack)

Fargol
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
1. royal snakes?

Figured I'd leave the title open in case anyone else has a request and wants to post it under. Do the snake eggs hatch royal snakes? If not, I haven't seen anywhere to recruit them.

2. more inquisitors?

At the mage tower in the area next to the starting area I was able to get inquisitors, but have recruited them all! (lvl 7 mage currently). Will they replenish, and when? Is there another good spot? I know about the priest upgrade skill, but prefer for this game not to go that far into the mind tree. Thanks.

I've gotten Royal snakes at that menagerie or whatever it's called just east of the first castle.

phoenixreborn
10-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah I still haven't find a cyclops at any seller. Maybe in Elven lands?

Writhan
10-08-2008, 08:10 AM
The only place I had cyclones available was in the dwarven territory. Both the mines and a few of the huts had them for sale. I have not seen them other places then that. But then again, it's randomiced. You might be lucky and have them available in elven lands. But judging from what I have available there, don't get your hopes up. All I see is archers, druids, unicorns etc. Elven units, basicly.

Daedalus
10-08-2008, 09:11 AM
i can buy 2 Daemons at the tavern in Arlenia (sp?), the area next to greenwort with the magic test, haven't tried em yet since i don't possess the tolerance skill for the demons yet, anyone think this is needed to have "evil" troops among their ranks?