PDA

View Full Version : 'No chat' bug

Antiga
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
When talking to one of the mining dwarves down in the creiston mines, I repeatedly kept hitting escape right after talking to him, in order to get a roasted rat dialogue. The 'chat' screen is unusually large and shows no text except 'no chat' in a small white font.

It's the first of 2 dwarves on a small path leading to a small room which is guarded(First enemy you meet in creiston mines if heading right for Baron Ahey's fortress).

I had already used this method on the other dwarves.. Worst thing of this all is that it freezes my game up. I cannot exit the dialogue, nor go in menu or anything.

Edit: I had already defeated Ahey a long time ago, so the dwarves would sometime say different things about the baron as well, in addition to their standard texts.

Gatts
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I had this issue as well - I had to ALT+TAB the game, and shut it off in task manager as there was no reaction on ALT+F4, ESC, and even the "x" on the chat text box hasn't react.

Actually I was "fishing" for more "roasted rats" - that's why I furiosely communicated with the dwarves (I only got 3 of them, and I wanted more, it takes only 50 from leadership so the positive effect was very useful for me) - Is there a real cap on how many offers I get from the dwarves? Can I get such offer from other dwarves in other mines? (as I tried - but I didn't get such offer in any other mine).

Psychward
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I picked up 6 or 7 rats in Lucky James' mines, from the dwarven slaves there.. It seems as though every dwarf can give you 1 rat, provided you just keep talking to them over and over again... Very handy for some extra mana! (Especially for warriors, like myself)...

I haven't made it into the Creiston Mines yet (just picked up that quest before I went to bed), but it does sound to me like you can get more rats in other mines...

Psychward
10-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Confirmed last night that you can get rats from Creiston Mines too... However, there appears to be a limit as I got to a point (after 8-10 rats) where I was offered one, and I give the dwarf the money, but I never get a rat in my inventory... He just keeps offering it to me...