PDA

View Full Version : Error: unknown r_path'ps20' !?

Imperiale
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs99
PLEASE HELP ME! i just bought the game today and i'm having trouble starting the program. always get an error message unknown r_path'ps20' i've updated drivers and everything even went to the russian kings bounty forum to seek help. apparently it was a problem with the russian version but they said they have included the latest patch with the american/english version. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!??

system

pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
3gb ram
Ati radeon 9000 series
latest windows xp service pack (svc pack 3)
updated every drivers (video, dvd, sound, windows xp)

Hy, I have the same problems starting to run this game. Please if someone have experience with this. Maybe, someone is here to know!??
Is there a problem with graph. card because also i have ATI radeon 9200 SE!?
Thank you for your answers!!

Nike-it
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs99
PLEASE HELP ME! i just bought the game today and i'm having trouble starting the program. always get an error message unknown r_path'ps20' i've updated drivers and everything even went to the russian kings bounty forum to seek help. apparently it was a problem with the russian version but they said they have included the latest patch with the american/english version. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!??

system

pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
3gb ram
Ati radeon 9000 series
latest windows xp service pack (svc pack 3)
updated every drivers (video, dvd, sound, windows xp)

Hy, I have the same problems starting to run this game. Please if someone have experience with this. Maybe, someone is here to know!??
Is there a problem with graph. card because also i have ATI radeon 9200 SE!?
Thank you for your answers!!

If I'm not mistaken, the upcoming patch will solve this problem. I'll post the link, when it's available.

Imperiale
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Thank you very much for your answer. Lets wait patch then!
Will game work with gd ati 9200 SE 128 Mb!?

Nike-it
10-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you very much for your answer. Lets wait patch then!
Will game work with gd ati 9200 SE 128 Mb!?

I think yes, but can't prommise, as your card is rather weak.

pogs99
10-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Well, thanks for addressing this problem, at least i know its graphics card/system requirement problem. i hope they do release a patch. cause i dont want to buy a new computer then finding out that the game is just buggy and not hardware related. i know my PC is kinda old, but i was able to play world in conflict, which is graphically more intensive and demanding.:grin:

BacardiJim
11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
OK, here are a few answers:

1. The r_path error is easy to fix. Go to the King's Bounty Data folder and find the default.ini file. Open and edit it so the line that sets the r_path "ps20" reads that it sets the r_path "auto" This solves the problem.

2. That being said, nobody (including me) who has a Radeon 9200SE or similar card can play the demo. We all get an error regarding our pixel shaders. (It reads like a DirectX call error.) This is because the game (even the demo) require the use of Pixel Shader 2.0 to play. The ATI 9200/SE series only support Pixel Shader 1.4. Make sure that you have a card that can support Pixel Shader 2.0 before you buy the game.

marvine
11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I bought this game today, and I had the same problem !

I did this :

Go to the King's Bounty Data folder and find the default.ini file. Open and edit it so the line that sets the r_path "ps20" reads that it sets the r_path "auto"

Now, I have a second problem :

I have a black screen with a microsoft message :

"kb.exe a rencontré un problème et doit fermer. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour le désagrément encouru."

What can I do now...