PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain

yak9utpro
02-11-2014, 05:36 PM
i just think that il-2 is missing a lot of this battle.
NO bismark or german ships that attacked there,but bismark is the most important.
A lot of british ships are missing.
A lot of british aircrafts are missing such as a playable swordfish and lancaster.
And in campaign mode there is no such a mission refering to battle of britain neither in british campaign nor in german.
Also in single mission mode there are only two missions of birtain.

robday
02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
i just think that il-2 is missing a lot of this battle.
NO bismark or german ships that attacked there,but bismark is the most important.
A lot of british ships are missing.
A lot of british aircrafts are missing such as a playable swordfish and lancaster.
And in campaign mode there is no such a mission refering to battle of britain neither in british campaign nor in german.
Also in single mission mode there are only two missions of birtain.

The "Battle Of Britain" (or "Kanal Kampf", depending on your point of view) lasted for about 4 months, the channel was there for the duration of the war, (last time I looked it was still there!). A channel map would be useful for other cross channel scenarios, (fighter sweeps, "Rhubarbs" etc.).
"Bismark" had no involvement in the Bob AFAIK, you may be thinking of "The Channel Dash", ("Operation Cerberus" to the Kriegsmarine), in which "Scharnhorst","Gneisenau" and "Prinz Eugen" were involved, which took place in 1942.

gaunt1
02-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Channel map + flyable Do-217K, M and a Typhoon would be awesome! Battle of Britain is a bit boring, but the following years arent, and sadly quite overlooked. Fw-190 raids, the introduciton of the Typhoon, defence of southern Britain, operation Steinbock... So much possibilities!

Igo kyu
02-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Battle of Britain is a bit boring
Only if/when you've played it 10,000 times. It was the biggest, most concentrated, dogfight in history, I can't see anything to dislike about it.

It was here too, which is also good, though in some senses irrelevant.

majorfailure
02-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Battle of Britain is a bit boring
I'd say to each his own. I'd bet I could get a lot of fun out of it, as planes should be close in performance. But if there ever were a Channel map, it could be used for a lot of other purposes. I really hope the IL2:CLOD ban of BoB related stuff is no longer in effect.

gaunt1
02-12-2014, 05:51 PM
OK, maybe I played too much European Air War in the old times... :) I defended Britain countless of times, thats why I say its a bit boring. Im not against it, but the following years are much more interesting for me at least.
http://www.migman.com/sw/EAW/pics/tracers.jpg

Pursuivant
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
OK, maybe I played too much European Air War in the old times... :) I defended Britain countless of times, thats why I say its a bit boring. Im not against it, but the following years are much more interesting for me at least.

But there was a lot more fighting over the English Channel after 1940. It would be handy for simulating RAF "Rhubarb" operations over France in 1941-42, pre-D-Day anti-shipping sweeps in 1944, early USAAF bombing raids in 1943, and Luftwaffe "tip and run" raids from 1942-44.