PDA

View Full Version : Operation Sealion mod

FMAlanbrooke
01-14-2014, 04:36 AM
I was wondering if the British Light Tank Mk VI was available (as this was the most common tank in the UK in 1940?) Also, I'd like to add the Matilda and Cruiser tank CS versions. The Sealion scenario has some interesting possibilities for all the British improvised vehicles. Adding them would be great. Can you make some of the German tanks amphibious? The Slitherine game Battle Academy has a good Sealion campaign, but I think it could be done better with Men of War.

German campaign

1. The landings
a. Impossible special services attack on Dover waterfront by Brandenburger commandos
b. Beach landing followed by establishing anti-shipping artillery
c. Cliff landing by mountain troops
d. Parachutist attack on airfield

2. Expanding the Beachhead
a. Attack on Military canal supported by amphibious tanks and paratroops
b. Attack on generic British countryside
c. Attack on Dover from rear by combined parachute, Brandenburger, and army units against heavy fortifications

3. Defending bridgehead
a. Defend airfield,
b. Defend port
c. Defend countryside against British counter-attack and auxiliaries

4. Exploitation
a. Panzer division attacks British armour etc
b. Panzer division attacks British village/nodal point

British Campaign

1. The landings
a. Beach landing
b. Cliff landing
c. Parachutist attack on airfield
d. Attack by British ships
2. Expanding the Beachhead
a. Defend Military canal against amphibious tanks and paratroops
b. Defend generic British countryside
c. Defend Dover from rear followed by commando attack from sea against German guns and supplies

3. Attacking bridgehead
a. Attack airfield,
b. Attack port
c. Defend countryside against German infantry divisions supported by tanks and assault guns

4. Preventing Exploitation
a. Panzer division attacks British armour etc
b. Panzer division attacks British village

OK I found Cruisers MK 1 and Mk 3 plus the Light Tank MK VI in the Dynamic Campaign Mod. The Bren Carrier is in the German Soldiers mod. That gives me enough to do some basic scenarios. I will have to learn how to put in all the improvised armoured and armed vehicles and put them in later. Should be easy enough to change the characteristics of the 2 pdr guns so they don't have any HE ammunition or so that they fire only HE and smoke ammunition (for CS versions as I don't know how to change the gun completely).