PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection Scroll

OmegaDestroyer
09-30-2008, 06:22 AM
The title speaks for itself. Anybody know where to find one? I'm currently trudging through the Dwarven mines and still have yet to find one. Is it too early? Do I need to wait until I reach the Elves?

Nike-it
09-30-2008, 06:33 AM
The title speaks for itself. Anybody know where to find one? I'm currently trudging through the Dwarven mines and still have yet to find one. Is it too early? Do I need to wait until I reach the Elves?

It is placed randomly, you have a chance to find it in the dwarf's land.

Amamake
09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Everything, including spell selection, is randomized. Just keep checking every shop, every scroll you come across.

(If you are a Paladin, you should have had a resurrection scroll right from the start).

Also, if you are absolutely desperate to get it, you might want to hire some Inquisitors, since they have this spell as a special ability.

knoxchris
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Had to wait until the Elven lands to get mine.

Antiga
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, it is randomized.. But not completely. When running around Land of Death, and picking up a scroll the chance of getting some useless precision or haste scroll is rather small. The further you get, the better the 'random' stuff is. My point is it's not 100% random, it's selected randomly from pool of pre-specified stuff.

When I played the demo, I remember the menagerie always having either this set of units, or that set of units. One set would include royal snakes, and the other wouldn't. Thing is, I started a new game(and finished) in demo for at least a dozen times, and each time each of the 'sets' in the menagerie was the exact same. If it was the royal snake set, it would have all the other creatures the exact same as last time when it also had the royal snake set. Now I cannot be sure if this last example is due to it being the demo and thus being simplified somehow, or wether it's like that troughout the game.
Hope this helps shed some light on some subjects.

OmegaDestroyer
09-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Hmm... guess I'll just have to keep looking. I've been playing as Paladin and have yet to find one. I've just been sticking with a level 3 Battle Cry and Bless to help limit my losses. Good offense being the best defense and what not.

Antiga
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Ressurection is nice, but what I do is keep 2 reserve troops with the same units as in my army, for example right now their Druids and Elves. I barrely ever lose horsemen and never lose a black dragon. The only set that needs attention are my swordsmen(Which are by ease the highest damage dealers of all my units) but indeed, ressurection solves that.

Try exploring trough regions you're not supposed to go yet, evading armies but picking up the goodies. I've found that spending 30 minutes on trying to get armies away from their valuables pays off alot more than a full hour of fighting 'Weak' or 'Slightly Weaker' armies. Land of Death(Reached by reading Book of death in elven territory) is a very nice place to loot without fighting, just save often.

OmegaDestroyer
09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
While I do avoid some fights, I don't mind fighting weaker armies because it helps level up my spirits.

fell
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM
They definitely need some static locations for some spells.
Some are just so powerful and essential that having them random is a pretty sketch game mechanic in that context.

Random is cool for most of the spells but "resurrection" "daemon gate" and a couple others should have static locations.