PDA

View Full Version : Separate brakes...

Spinnetti
12-24-2013, 04:17 PM
All, I may be missing something, but I thought in one of my installs I had separate toe brakes. Is this available it TD code? (I have CH rudder pedals)..

Thanks...

ImpalerNL
12-24-2013, 07:56 PM
All, I may be missing something, but I thought in one of my installs I had separate toe brakes. Is this available it TD code? (I have CH rudder pedals)..

Thanks...

I tried to set seperate toebrakes also, but you can only use one toebrake at a time and not both. Also there is no assignment for left and right.

bladeracer
12-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Thanks...

Don't think so.
The brakes follow the British system being linked to the rudder.
Use rudder first, then applying the brakes only applies the wheel brake on the side you're turning toward.
Neutral rudder should apply both brakes.

Spinnetti
12-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info.. I'd swear I had individual toe brakes for the Fw-190.... Haven't played in a while, but ground handling definitely seems worse than I remember.

BadAim
12-26-2013, 05:33 AM
UP3 has toe brakes, but sacrifices native axis zoom, so it's certainly possible, but perhaps there is some coding reason that the extra axis is not available, or DT is not happy with the implementation, or they just haven't gotten around to it yet. Only they can answer that.

Personally if it's a hard limit, I'll take native zoom. You can band a slider, but native is smoother. Either way DT is the crew that are putting all the work in So they can do whatever damn well pleases them and I'll gladly reap the benefits, because I know that they love the game as much as I do.

Spinnetti
12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info... Must have been UP3... That was my standard pack, but have since moved to HSFX 7 as my standard pack... Amazing that the game just keeps getting better after all these years!

BadAim
12-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info... Must have been UP3... That was my standard pack, but have since moved to HSFX 7 as my standard pack... Amazing that the game just keeps getting better after all these years!

Ain't it though! I sure do wish something could be done about those damn zigzag roads though, every time I look down I get dizzy. DT does the impossible every day, miracles may take a bit longer.