PDA

View Full Version : Help With Men of War AS Multiplayer

LOL2U
12-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Hey Guys,
I have been playing MOWAS multi. for about 6 months and have played over 150 multi. games. Even though I have played a decent amount of games, I am still level 6. I have only played around a dozen ranked games. I find that I am constantly losing games and I can never bring myslef to try more ranked games:sad: . All I am looking for is some helpfull (and strategic) tips to improve my gameplay. :)
Thanks,
LOL2U

Tklama
12-21-2013, 11:03 PM
My only advice would be: Do not play ranked games, stick to unranked. You will avoid most of the assholes/griefers/cheaters.

LOL2U
12-23-2013, 03:08 PM
thanks

LOL2U
12-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Do you have any strategy tips? I want to get better

Tklama
12-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Do not bunch up infantry. Never. Split the squad into smaller units, or preferably, micro every soldier into position.

I suggest you play competitive rules with normal resources. 50k spamming games wont get you anywhere. Play some singleplayer to learn the basics.

Bind commands to certain keyboard keys, do not click stuff, it wastes valuable time.

Always use sandbags. Do not place them all in one line, space them out so you can cover larger areas.

Learn and use direct control. It makes a big difference. Direct control fire the machinegunner early game.

Grenades = the game. Learn to cook them. You can toss them over building sometimes too. Destroy blobs with a single grenade. Throw AT grenades on the engine of a tank. Use smoke grenades. (They dont work perfectly, you must use a lot of them to actually cover anything).

Pick up stuff from the ground/dead bodies. Reuse sniper rifles. Always move your sniper after taking a shot. Learn to use the flamethrower, it is deadly in tight areas and when being fired from a foxhole. Use the holes in the ground as cover. (You can cheaply hold ground with militia this way. 1. Put the militia into the holes. 2. Laugh at the enemy wasting an artillery barrage to kill 2 militiamen).

Infantry wins the games, not tanks. Buying a Kingtiger and rushing it will not net you victory. Always use tanks together with infantry, otherwise the tank WILL die to a bazooka fired from a bush. Always get an AT rifle early game. Hide it in a bush and ait for a light vehicle to rush you, then destroy it. Wait for him to get closer or to show his side tho. If you have a heavy tank, or a lot of artillery, always hide a bazooka or an aa gun (Flak, PKP, oerikon etc.) near it, to prevent any light vehicle rushes.

Stick to "Combat" for starters, where you have enough time and do not need to rush. Play Assault Zones only after you know the basics. If you screw up the beginning of AZ, it will cost you the game (most likely).

Be more specific about what advice you seek, the game is too vast :)

Try and find someone to play it with, or to give you some ingame advice. A big part of this community are arseholes, but you might stumble across some nice guys too.

Big Grizzly
02-15-2014, 01:00 PM
I agree with the above completely but also consider the troop movement and layout of defences as this is important for advancing your own troops. Also think about fire and manoeuvre, scout out a location then set a few defences into a kill zone and make a clear route for troop advancing further into enemy territory. I tend to move ambush zones around such as squad in some foliage, then when ambushing a unit move it to a location where is faces the old ambush position.

I tend to never use artillery or heavy tanks as they cost a lot, are slow and the enemy targets them first as a priority. Use light mortars and heavy AT guns instead as tanks can't wipe them out as quickly and you can hide them easily. My favourite tactic is the silent flame thrower troops that end up behind enemy lines, then wiping out whole squads, or leaving AP mines in heavy bushes where the enemy may la an ambush.

You tend to find open fighting loses you money and troops where as more co-ordinated defences and planned attacks around these leaves you more options where to strike and defend where necessary.

void
02-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Use light mortars and heavy AT guns instead as tanks can't wipe them out as quickly and you can hide them easily.

As an alternative tactic: Use light mortars, heavy AT and one piece of heavy artillery.

Use of mortars (even more: successful mortars) leads the enemy to shell it soon with heavy artillery. Just keep your heavy artillery in the back, a bit to the side of and behind your mortar to be still hidden and out of range.

If the player is somewhat experienced he will shoot at max range (250m) at your mortar. Looking at the trajectory of the shelles and the ejected cartridges you quickly locate where he is firing from. Now move in your heavy artillery and shell him. Be cautious not to move into his last shells onto your mortar, though.

A mortar is like a honey-pot :).

BTW protect your artillery with a hidden AT gun against tanks (doesnt work against heavies head on), but medium tanks can be killed or at least damaged before they kill your artillery.