PDA

View Full Version : Regional Maps

dionisus1122
09-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey Everyone,

I purchased the game about 4 days ago, and I must say that I love it! It is my first foray into the genre, and so far I have been very impressed.

There is one problem that I have been having, and this is remembering where all the NPC's are. Are there any regional maps online that denote each of the NPC's? I completed the quest for Carl on the first continent, but I can't for the life of me remember where the NPC is located. Similar things have happened with other quests, and I spend a lot of time running around trying to remember who is who.

Tempo
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
There is an interactive map of the game, but in russian:
http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/info/KBMap_v1_by_Infeus.zip
And you can find all maps in JPEG format inside that archive.
This utility was made by russian gamer Infeus. Maybe he will make an english version later ). This program allow to edit any marks on map. The database is in MS Access format.

Quikpik
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
You can use the Mark function make little notes on the map. I've been using it to keep track of who sells which type of monter.

dionisus1122
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the info - I hope an English one comes out soon!

Where is Carl??????

Amamake
09-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info - I hope an English one comes out soon!

Where is Carl??????

Arlania, Griffon Island.

wizaerd
09-29-2008, 10:17 PM
As much as I've been enjoying this game, this too is probably my only complaint. And leaving the little self-made markers, I sometimes completely forget to mark the map with my own label. Either that or I end up marking everything, which becomes just as unmanageable. Plus the self made markers don't appear on the minimap...

It's a fun game, beautiful to look at, and the gameplay is awesome. If the map could be re-done though, it'd be perfect...

chriscampo99
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
There is an interactive map of the game, but in russian:
http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/info/KBMap_v1_by_Infeus.zip
And you can find all maps in JPEG format inside that archive.
This utility was made by russian gamer Infeus. Maybe he will make an english version later ). This program allow to edit any marks on map. The database is in MS Access format.

that program is awesome. i totally wish it was in english.

dionisus1122
09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Arlania, Griffon Island.

Thanks!

It would be cool if you could activate the Quest and have it activate a marker on your map - so you knew where you were going.

It wouldn't be so bad, but there are sooo many quests (which is awesome) that everything gets jumbled together at times.

wizaerd
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks!

It would be cool if you could activate the Quest and have it activate a marker on your map - so you knew where you were going.

It wouldn't be so bad, but there are sooo many quests (which is awesome) that everything gets jumbled together at times.

I whole heartidly agree!!

jake21
09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Well if you could zoom in on the map it would be really nice. Then stuff like quest banners would only show up when you zoom in (perhaps a little red flag would show before zooming in).

Suporex
09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi guys. maybe what I will say is not map related but it is related with dionisus1122 main issue

I just think it would be good if the Quests were sorted by location than you would at least know where to go and look

jake21
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Would also be nice if you could fully review the quest (you have a quest book but often the clues are not included there). There was a game (divine destiny??) that allow you to see all text spoken for each quest - something like that would be nice...

Hi guys. maybe what I will say is not map related but it is related with dionisus1122 main issue

I just think it would be good if the Quests were sorted by location than you would at least know where to go and look

dionisus1122
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM

That would be just as good. I don't necessarily mean that the game needs to point me directly to each quest (like some RPGs), but the load of quests - combined with the # of NPC's and areas - make it difficult to keep track of who is who, and where everyone is.

Minor complaint though - game is awesome

Tegga
10-01-2008, 06:06 PM
explore, play the game, don't need an in-game cheat guide to finishing quests

use your brain ^.^ half the fun is figuring things out

wizaerd
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM

Perhaps for you, that's half the fun, but for me it's none of the fun. There's a huge difference between exploring and roaming around a map trying to find something or somplace you've already 'explored'...

I would much rather have either better hints during the quest, and the quest log showing those better hints, or a marker of some kind directing the player. I don't necessarily wnt my hand held, but I do want better clues and visual clues as well as to where I need to go...

jake21
10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
That is very smug to say but the problem is that for many quests if you miss a text when you first get the quest it is IMPOSSIBLE to have the clue repeated. If you go back to the quest giver he will not repeat the quest. if you check your quest book it is not there.

So while quest givers and quest targets should not be on the map - as you find them then having them marked on the map is (imho) hardly a cheat. It is (IMHO) a short cut to you writing down everything you see (or can't see because the text is not properly formatted).

GreyBeard
10-02-2008, 12:45 AM
This also is my only complaint not knowing how to get where or how to find a certain area for a quest.

The maps should at the least show the vendors, quest locations and names of places.

I spent over a hour just sailing in my little boat to find Redbeard's place and still haven't found it. I would keep opening my world map of that area and check on where I was every so often.

I am all for exploring but it can and does get frustrating spending half your playing time trying to find something, someone, or some place.

Still great game but no game is perfect and I just think more should have gone into the maps especially the mini-map which really is not very usefull.

GB

robberbaron
10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Arlania, Griffon Island.

thats HARL the griffon king.

i also am looking for Carl the starter of the Carl and martha quest line. i cant remeber where he is.

ganjatron
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM

i also am looking for Carl the starter of the Carl and martha quest line. i cant remeber where he is.

Is that Carl in the Magic Forest who asks you to kill some boss-type unit in the Undead World? When I completed this quest, I went back to the location he was in ...and he was dead!? I don't get it - maybe I did something wrong.

You can complete the quest by clicking on his headstone which is now placed right next to Martha's headstone. That is... right at the border of Magic and Great Forest (near the alchemist shop.)

I wonder what happens if you don't kill the unit and just go back and tell Carl the story.

ganjatron
10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to add that I agree with most posts here. Once I reached Freedom Islands, I made a point to notate everything on the map - quests, available units, places of interest, etc.

Besides quests, I have a hard time looking for units that I need - for example, who sold those Black Unicorns again? Since I needed to run back to all the damn sellers one by one to check, I began marking all units sold on a map. Now I can know exactly who sold that Black Unicorn when I want to load up for Demonis.

And notating the maps are no fun at all. I agree things should be automatically marked after it has been explored. Come on - I'm ganjatron - my memory isn't that good.

robberbaron
10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Is that Carl in the Magic Forest who asks you to kill some boss-type unit in the Undead World? When I completed this quest, I went back to the location he was in ...and he was dead!? I don't get it - maybe I did something wrong.

You can complete the quest by clicking on his headstone which is now placed right next to Martha's headstone. That is... right at the border of Magic and Great Forest (near the alchemist shop.)

I wonder what happens if you don't kill the unit and just go back and tell Carl the story.

i'm not sure what magic forest you are referring to. and what zone is the headstones in, maybe i can look there.

fld88
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Carl is the King's brohter that you had to visit for the King's 2nd quest. Go into Ariana, turn left across the bridge and take your first right.

Zhuangzi
10-15-2008, 11:03 PM
The Magic Forest quest where you have to find someone or do something in the Land of the Dead leads to a headstone back in Magic Forest. When you click it it says quest completed but I don't think you get anything for it.

Basically, there are no time limits for quests in this game, so if you don't know where to go you will figure it out in the course of exploring the whole game. I love to do EVERYTHING in a game, all quests, all creatures killed, so everything gets done in the end.

Except for that in my first game I couldn't complete the 'find a Cyclops' quest because there were NONE for sale ANYWHERE in the game. Believe me, I checked.:evil: