PDA

View Full Version : What monsters do you hate?

phoenixreborn
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Are there any creatures you hate to come up against?

I'm level eight and I always hate fighting plants that spawn other plants. Griffins are a pain that way also, you think you're fighting two griffin units and then you are fighting five.

What about creatures you hate to have...I'm not crazy about peasants...I guess some things never change.

Shega
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Hehe, I love peasants, especially when there are 500 of them and they fight on my side =)

zothoaimai
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
i don't like to use big stacks army... and hate to fight big stacks acher ( skeletons acher)... 100+ of them can kill instantly 1 of my horsemans

ureal
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Im facing frequently stacks with 500+ mobs and its driving me nuts is this normal? I am always guaranteed to lose my troops, best thing I could do is find cheap guys and sacrifice them.

Munch10
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Friggin wolves. Friggin fear. Pain in the <redacted>. Very annoying because a low level mob can totally mess up my ability to direct most of the troops.

-Munch

Strelok
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I hate stacks of 500+ archers..... but I find the fear spell an effective way to silence them :D

Zhuangzi
09-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I hate anything that shoots from range, as they can hurt me before I have a chance to own them. But the worst at the moment are the Evil Beholders. Not only can they hit you hard and send you to sleep, but they can mind control your troops and get them to attack another one of your troops. Ouch. :eek:

Hepasto The Terror
09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Looks like you all are playing demos or still are in starting stage of the game.

There are troops which hypnotize your troops and make them fight against you or terrible dragons which are completely immune to all spells (only one kind) or troops which summon some more troops and a lot of terrible troops which come in thousands (that too ranged)!!!

Game has so many things that you did not even thought of. At least i didn't... :confused:

phoenixreborn
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep, I'm level 10. Just got to the islands.

OmegaDestroyer
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I hate Cannoneers because the enemy always acts before I do, even with the same initiative, and they manage to always kill some of my troops with their rapid fire attack. :mad:

Antiga
10-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Dryads are nasty, their damage is puny and their fairly easy to kill, but their most nasty skill can lullaby all level 1-3 troops, this can really mess you up if the enemy army has multiple parties of dryads.
Most mage types can be nasty, though not the human ones.
I actually don't mind fighting dragons, or other high level troops as my own dragons take care of those, and take puny damage from getting hit back.
I love fighting slow units, my entire battle tactic revolves around taking care of ranged/mage units first, while using dragons to lure the enemy, without getting hit. Armies without ranged units or mages are doomed from the start.
For anyone that cares I am a level 20 knight with little over 15k leadership, I currently use:
Druids - I don't like em much, hoping to replace them with Hunters, Inquisitors, or even Ancient Ents.
Horsemen - Obviously for the Iron Fist skill, but also have 2 items which each give +5 def to horsemen, amongst other bonuses. With the right items equipped they could have 60+ def. I've outgrown them now and looking for something else.
Elves - Love em, in combination with precision or dragon arrows they can deal massive damage to any target. Possibly the best archers in the game.
Emerald Green Dragons - Nice troop, their Mana source skill can be extremely effective, even as knight I use my mana often. Good tankers and healable.
Black Dragons - My most fearsome ally, in combination with the Emerald dragons their really kicking ass. Wouldn't trade em for anything. They don't die.

OmegaDestroyer
10-01-2008, 03:00 AM
I've changed my mind. I hate Demons just about more than anything. Domination and Furious are an absolute pain.

fell
10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Black dragons and some Daemons. Always take some losses with them.