PDA

View Full Version : Il 2 FMB Ships "Sleep" Question

Racetrack
11-11-2013, 08:11 AM
I Guys! I go to the point..........
I want my "AssaultFleet" (made of some stationary warships) to start firing on a beach seven minutes after the game start. I've setted the "Sleep" of every ship on 7 minutes.... But they don't open fire for the entire match.. The simply stay there with guns in defalut positions... Maybe they'll start fire after underattack?

I tried the same thing for the coast artillery defenses by setting the "TimeOut" options and it worked perfectly.

Help!

Aviar
11-11-2013, 10:32 PM
The Sleep setting is defined as 'XX:XX' (Minutes:Seconds). Basically, it tells the AI gunners of the selected ship to 'sleep' (no shooting) at the start of the mission. The timer starts once an enemy unit gets within 'range', which is just under 2km. When the timer gets to zero, the gunners resume their normal AI logic.

For example, let's say you enter a Sleep time of '00:45' for a destroyer. The AI gunners of that ship would only become 'active' when an enemy unit got within 'range' (<2km) AND the time you set (45 seconds) had counted down to zero.

The Sleep setting only works one time per mission. It also works on DF servers....just one time per map.

**Maximum Sleep setting seems to be 98 minutes, 59 seconds (98:59).

Aviar

Racetrack
11-12-2013, 08:28 AM
OMG!!! Thank you very much for your perfect answer!!!

So if I have Artillery on the beach more than 2 Km away from the ship, the ship's timer will never start right?

Aviar
11-12-2013, 10:30 PM
OMG!!! Thank you very much for your perfect answer!!!

So if I have Artillery on the beach more than 2 Km away from the ship, the ship's timer will never start right?

Correct. In your particular case, you could have an enemy AI plane fly near your warships at around 8 minutes into the mission. That will activate their guns and they should begin firing on the beach targets, if they are within range.

Aviar

Racetrack
11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
I solved doing this.

Placed a Enemy Static Infantry unit in water near the fleet.
So when the game starts all the ships immediatly detect the enemy unit in range and the sleep timer start, meanwhile the Unit dissapear instantly in water and will not cause any problem. So the timer start immediatly after the game launch...

wheelsup_cavu
11-14-2013, 06:56 PM
I am always amazed at the workarounds everyone can find to solve the problems caused by the limitations of the sim.

Neat fix Racetrack. 8)

Wheels

Racetrack
11-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I am always amazed at the workarounds everyone can find to solve the problems caused by the limitations of the sim.

Neat fix Racetrack. 8)

Wheels

Thank you mate! :grin::grin: