PDA

View Full Version : Black screen when starting the game!

Zogun
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
First of all, let me thank you for this awesome adaption of the King's Bounty saga. I've played the demo for several hours and I'm completely hooked.

But when I try to start the full version of the game all I get is a black screen, my monitor goes into "stand by" mode as if there's no signal. I can here the sound playing in the background and can press escape to skip the intro movies to where I finally get into, what I assume, is the main menu of the game.

I can still here the awesome music playing but there's no picture at all. If I press alt+tab I return to windows and everything is working as it should, I can even see King's Bounty running in the task bar but if I alt+tab into the game the picture's gone once again.

I updated my directX and my gfx drivers yesterday but still no success. I've included my dxdiag in the attached file.

I hope you can help me since I can't wait to start playing this awesome game.

Cheers, Zogun.

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 10:44 AM
First of all, let me thank you for this awesome adaption of the King's Bounty saga. I've played the demo for several hours and I'm completely hooked.

But when I try to start the full version of the game all I get is a black screen, my monitor goes into "stand by" mode as if there's no signal. I can here the sound playing in the background and can press escape to skip the intro movies to where I finally get into, what I assume, is the main menu of the game.

I can still here the awesome music playing but there's no picture at all. If I press alt+tab I return to windows and everything is working as it should, I can even see King's Bounty running in the task bar but if I alt+tab into the game the picture's gone once again.

I updated my directX and my gfx drivers yesterday but still no success. I've included my dxdiag in the attached file.

I hope you can help me since I can't wait to start playing this awesome game.

Cheers, Zogun.

The devs are already working on the fix for this problem. And thanks for DirectX report.

Zogun
09-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Good to hear, glad I could be of any help :D

Durf81
10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Any update on this yet?

bman654
10-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Someone in another thread with this problem mentioned they had dual-monitors which was causing the problem. Edit the game.ini file and set your resolution to something valid for your computer for a single screen. Then try to start the game.

Other thing to try is in game.ini, set window mode to 1. That will make the game try to play in a window instead of fullscreen in case that makes things work.

p.s. I'm not sure where you got the game. If you got it from Gamers Gate, they already have a 1.6.5 patch out on their website in the "my games" section.

Durf81
10-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Someone in another thread with this problem mentioned they had dual-monitors which was causing the problem. Edit the game.ini file and set your resolution to something valid for your computer for a single screen. Then try to start the game.

Other thing to try is in game.ini, set window mode to 1. That will make the game try to play in a window instead of fullscreen in case that makes things work.

p.s. I'm not sure where you got the game. If you got it from Gamers Gate, they already have a 1.6.5 patch out on their website in the "my games" section.

I bought the game at best buy...i tried chaning the window mode to 1 and that did not work...thanks for the advice though...