PDA

View Full Version : Steam says my product key is already registered

Flyby
09-21-2013, 12:57 AM
to someone else. I've tried the various combinations of suggested transposing, like "B to 8", and "I to 1", but no luck. I've contacted tech support at steam but have not gotten a reply(yet) on this the second day. I know i'm the only one this has happened to, but maybe someone has an idea of how to get on with loading the sim? I bought it new from Best Buy over a year ago, but am only now getting to loading it up (new pc).
thanks
Flyby out

Flyby
09-21-2013, 01:24 AM
well, well, well. I've heard back from Steam. Seems I overlooked it's email reply. i got a nice letter saying the product key has been used, and that I must have bought a used game, and to take it back to the retailer. Looks like I'm screwed. :( Of course I wrote back explaining my copy is a new one, and not from a used-item bin. Ididn't want to be rude in suggesting Steam may have been hacked.
Flyby out, and pissed.

Flyby
09-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I've written to ask Steam to sell me a new product key. Waiting to hear back. I'll pass on what happens now. I want to get into this sim, so I'm willing to do so legally, and not pursue a hack solution (but if there's a way to sue the sim without Steam,someone please PM me. Always like a plan-B. Plan-C is to buy another copy).
Flyby out

Flyby
09-26-2013, 09:54 PM
I got turned on to a sale at getgames.com. $5.00 to download. Steam accepted that product key. Now The sim does not start. Well. back to work sorting it out.