PDA

View Full Version : How do you increase the morale of an item (example ogre's club)

jake21
09-29-2008, 01:02 AM
No matter what I do i don't seem to be able to increase the morale of this ogre's club. I'm unsure if it is because "race: orcs" (i.,e does this mean it is impossible?) or because I'm fighting dragons, pirates and other stuff (it doesn't seem to matter if i kill dragonflies or ogres either way it is unhappy :( )

The info indicates it does not like to fight - does this mean it is impossible to make it happier? (it is down to 1 :( )

temp
09-29-2008, 02:47 AM
I think maybe they explained it before, but I always skip through alot of the dialogue. I would like to know too, and what happens at 0 morale.

jake21
09-29-2008, 03:02 AM
There was text somewhere (not sure where ) that said that when morale goes to 0 the item 'dies'.

I think maybe they explained it before, but I always skip through alot of the dialogue. I would like to know too, and what happens at 0 morale.

fell
09-29-2008, 03:57 AM
When item gets to 0 it rebels or something (haven't seen it myself) and it stops granting bonus's. You have to then battle the item to smack it back in line. None of my items morale has moved so im not sure if its working or not.

Munch10
09-29-2008, 04:23 AM
I've got a fully upgraded Mantle of Wizardry, and the way it works seems to be if you're a mage (I'm not) then it's morale stays at normal. But if not, it slowly goes down over time. Once it reaches 0 you stop gaining bonuses.

With this item, there are actually 2 ways to increase it's morale. If you let it get all the way to 0 you can Suppress (fight it) and restore it to Normal (50). Or, you can Use it to 'feed' it 6 magic crystals, which upps it morale by 25% or so.

I've got to say, this is a pretty well thought out way to handle the items. Not only does it make sense but it requires you to think about the item as opposed to just taking it for granted like in most games. Very nicely done.

BTW - at full upgrade it's +20 mana & 30% Magic Resistance. Hope I can find a similar item for Paladins! :)

-Munch

DaviddesJ
09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I have the Crown of Blackthorn (2x damage for friendly thorns, which makes them pretty useful in my army), and it seems that its morale goes up sometimes, as well as down. There must be some things that I do (killing enemies?) that help the morale, as well as things that cause it to go down.

It's too strong for me to suppress, but, when it gets down to zero (and stops working), and then I check it later, it's back up to 4 or 6 or 8.

Is there any way to view your hero and items during a battle? That would make it easier to figure out what's causing its morale to increase or decrease.

Hepasto The Terror
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Just to add...

A banner "???" gives you 800 leadership and 10 Mind runes after fighting 50 battles...
A Crown gives 1000 leadership and +1 morale to elves...
A baton on upgrading gives 1000 leadership and +1 morale to humans...

And a lot more...

Also a castle you can carry!!!

Play the game and find out more...

:cool:

Quikpik
09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Question about the "after XXX battle" items. Do they have to be equipped in order to gain credit for battle victories?

Master50
10-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Question about the "after XXX battle" items. Do they have to be equipped in order to gain credit for battle victories?

Yep, item must be equipped

Daedalus
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
i still wonder why there is a race entry in the item's window, the purpose is unclear to me :s

fell
10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Id imagine the same reason there is a "Description" for flavor. Or perhaps there is a synergy between an artifacts maker and the troops you have or something.