PDA

View Full Version : Freeze at Turtle

asmodemus
09-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Hiya,

I'm having a problem after I catch the dirigible to the burning Island where the Orc is summoning a giant turtle. The conversation is fine but then the fight with the boss turtle starts... Just after the fight starts a dialogue box pops up with the shaman but then disappears and i'm in the fight with the turtle as normal. However i cant cast any spells, attack or use any abilities. Nothing will activate. Im not sure if this is a bug due to the speech box or some other combat bug since this is my first boss fight.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? At the moment i can just load up a pre save and go and do other things but i would like to do this fight at some point!

cheers,

asmo

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Hiya,

I'm having a problem after I catch the dirigible to the burning Island where the Orc is summoning a giant turtle. The conversation is fine but then the fight with the boss turtle starts... Just after the fight starts a dialogue box pops up with the shaman but then disappears and i'm in the fight with the turtle as normal. However i cant cast any spells, attack or use any abilities. Nothing will activate. Im not sure if this is a bug due to the speech box or some other combat bug since this is my first boss fight.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? At the moment i can just load up a pre save and go and do other things but i would like to do this fight at some point!

cheers,

asmo

Please clarify your system specs. And send DirectX report to support (support@1cpublishing.eu).

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Hiya,

cheers,

asmo

I'm having the same exact problem. Everything has run fine up to that point. Please let me know of any solution.

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm having the same exact problem. Everything has run fine up to that point. Please let me know of any solution.

Again, what's your system specs? Without this info We can't help you.

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 07:43 AM

Sorry. I hate to ask cause I know it's probably super easy but how do I do that? What info do you want exactly? I'm so sorry :O

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 07:48 AM

This stuff?

System Info-

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CHRISTOPHER
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 530
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.5, 9/14/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"
User Name CHRISTOPHER\Christopher
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 3,069.56 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.11 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.17 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.02 GB
Page File Space 3.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Display Adapter Info-

Name NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_050510DE&REV_A1\4&22F4F1A2&0&0008
Adapter Type GeForce 8600 GT, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
Installed Drivers nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version 7.15.11.5828
INF File oem35.inf (nv_NV3x section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 59 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFAFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xF8000000-0xFBFFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000CF00-0x0000CF7F
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys (7.15.11.5828, 7.13 MB (7,478,976 bytes), 12/4/2007 6:33 PM)

I don't know how to do the DirectX report. Do you need something else?

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Thats enough:) We'll try to fix this bug.

Amamake
09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Im not sure if this is a bug due to the speech box or some other combat bug since this is my first boss fight.

Something broke during the localization, apparently. Try running to the center of the room without talking to the shaman.

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Something broke during the localization, apparently. Try running to the center of the room without talking to the shaman.

I did that and once I get to the beginning of the 'ring' I automatically enter into a conversation with him. Did it end up working for you that way or something?

Amamake
09-29-2008, 08:18 AM
I did that and once I get to the beginning of the 'ring' I automatically enter into a conversation with him. Did it end up working for you that way or something?

Nah, that bug is absent in my version of the game.

You should probably search "turtle" in this (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2877179&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10) thread and repeat the exact steps those guys did.

asmodemus
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I just left it for a while, did some other quests and things, came back and it worked. Try to not talk to the shaman but let the turtle being summoned start the conversation. It looks like it will work, its just a little buggy.

Asmo

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I just left it for a while, did some other quests and things, came back and it worked. Try to not talk to the shaman but let the turtle being summoned start the conversation. It looks like it will work, its just a little buggy.

Asmo

Yeah I actually just had to keep re-loading every time it would freeze and eventually it worked properly. Thanks for all the help/info guys!!

Great game btw!!

mike123
10-04-2008, 02:28 PM
i had this bug too... but it solved itself when I reloaded the game and tried again :)

and idd... it has to do with the turle respawning BEFORE you have the conversation... if you are too quick to talk to the shaman then the battle will start before the turtle is spawned and you'll get the freeze...

Xelian
10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
i had this bug too... but it solved itself when I reloaded the game and tried again :)

and idd... it has to do with the turle respawning BEFORE you have the conversation... if you are too quick to talk to the shaman then the battle will start before the turtle is spawned and you'll get the freeze...

Same with me. The first time i was unable to do any spells or attacks. I just realoaded and everything was fine

Jinix the Elder
10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
First time I played King's Bounty I won the turtle battle and got on with the game.

Next time the Turtle battle would not begin. The shaman did his thing, the turtle appeared and puffed a few times. My army would not move, an hourglass (wait cursor) appeared but after a very lon wait nothing happened I could not get the battle to begin.
I had saved outside the entrance and reloaded, went back in and same result. I re-tried several times to no avail.

It's probably more a glitch than a bug because I went back to an earlier save before I got on the airship and went back and the battle went fine (Not fine for the turtle however).

Jinix the Elder

Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.
Hippocrates

Jamers
10-19-2008, 03:54 AM
This is what you have to do:
Instead of walking up and talking to the orc manually, just walk past him onto the big circle and he'll automatically engage in dialogue with you and summon the turtle. I had this same problem...works when you don't speak to him manually.

Divine_Geo
10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
There are many suggestions in this threat but none work for me.

I cannot walk into the center of the ring because when I get close the conversation starts automaticly. I tried all variations of the conversation but still I get drawn into combat befor the turtle is summond.

I can't start the conversation manualy because when I get close the conversation starts automaticly.

I cannot go back and try again later to see if it is summond then because the dirbly does not leave.

I am working with the 1.6b version btw. I got patchings issues so that is no help to me a.t.m. :(

So are there any more suggestions?

Jinix the Elder
10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
To fix this I had to go to my last save before taking the Airship and start again. Then the battle took a normal course of events and I was able to move along in the game. Fortunately I had saved just before I agreed to take the balloon ride. So little time was lost.

I had also saved outside the cave but that save produced the same results the battle won't begin. So a save before going to see the Turtle may work out for you as it did for me.

I guess Frozen is incorrect because the Turtle still shrugged and puffed and the red move-to circles flashed when I cursored over them - it's just Turtle won't fight and neither will my army. We just sit there eyeballing each other but the battle won't begin.

So start from a save before getting on the balloon and I hope that works for you.

Make lots of saves - you will need them.

Jinix the Elder

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
Steve Wozniak

nievkNYC
02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I had the same issure and got around it by walking directly to the circle a few times.