PDA

View Full Version : Assault Squad Won't Run

260DET
08-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Because there is no page available to enter the serial key? Men of War Gold Collection, Vietnam allows the key to be entered, Assault Squad does not have a page showing up to do that. So Vietnam plays and Assault Squad does not. And of course I want to play Assault Squad :(

Help appreciated.

260DET
08-18-2013, 12:57 PM
The fault code which comes up when I try to run the game is MSVCR71.dll.

260DET
08-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Noticed that the Vietnam game has a file for the purpose of inserting it's key but Assault Squad does not. So I'm guessing that if that missing file in Assault Squad could be replaced then the key could be inserted and so the game would run.

If that's right the question is, where can such a file be obtained from?

260DET
08-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Dead forum?

BolliBomber
08-31-2013, 05:30 AM
Dead forum? :grin: not at all ...

Hi, the key for multiplayer is asked if you start the multiplayer game and activation key if needed is asked on first installation.

If you got that dll not find error, you can find the needed dll via internet.

The easiest way is to use steam with third party games : "Add game" with your key and it will be running with steam.

Or try to place your key manually, i think it should have the same architectur like men of war vanilla, so you can try this:

Men of War saved most of your Accountdates in one profilfile and in the registry.

1. in Windowsregistry (search):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/1C/Men of War]

Here you can easily find the Men of War CD-Key with your gamespy Account Name.

You must open your windowsconsole and star with "regedit".

2. in "settings.set", you can find it here : C://User/ documents/ my games/ men of war/ profiles/ your profil/ settings.set

You can open it with notepad. Note: the password is crypted and you cant uncrypt this. But you can copy this file into your active Men of War Profil.

Here you can see the location with name and pw:

Code

{gs_users
{"GameSpy Loginname"
{password "2e5fd2243a6f20"}
}
}
{gs_current_user "GameSpy Loginname"}

To reset your password please go to http://login.gamespyid.com and click "I forgot my password". An email will be sent to you to reset your password. Please make sure your spam filters are not blocking the GameSpyID domain.

260DET
09-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks BB, will give that a shot.

PS I hate Steam.