PDA

View Full Version : Cant find simple "lightning" spell!

fell
09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Im like level 20 and ive yet to find a lightning scroll! Freaking staff gives +20% bonus to the spell and i cant find it anywhere!

Anyone got a pointer?

Hepasto The Terror
09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Hard luck dude, spells are random in terms of availabilty. No one can exactly point where they can be got. (unless you are a paladin; paladin gets this spell from the furious paladin in Marshan Swamp ). Throw the staff, get some sword which gives high attack (like dragon slayer which you can acquire after completing the tournament in knights temple)...
and lightning is not a poor spell to be called as simple, its a descent
spell.

Which character are you playing on?

you can use spells like geyser which is far better than lightning. Only for the reason that you have a staff, it does not mean you have to use it... try alternatives.

For any help ask me...

fell
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Im a mage so id be using the staff anyway. Geyser is distortion school. Are scroll locations also random? Lightning would seem to be one of the original mage spells after all!

Imperial Dane
09-28-2008, 07:11 PM
The location of scrolls and who offers them is random from game to game, i mean i have a lightning scroll offered to me at the paladin in the swamps.

fell
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
They deffinitly should have made some of them have static locations. Some spells make the game extremely easy (demon gate).

Hepasto The Terror
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
They deffinitly should have made some of them have static locations. Some spells make the game extremely easy (demon gate).

True, geyser is of different order. but in distortion, you find spells like haste, hypnotise, slow teleport etc they are more required in gameplay and its essential to have all schools at level 3 if you are a mage.

fell
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Im only at the dwarf part and i have yet to find an army that can beat me since ive received demons gate. And both chaos and order are at level 2. I can take "impossible armies". Maxed out every artifact i have. Teleport/hypnotize are utterly pointless unless if demon gate continues to scale.

1st round 2 gates on the enemies line. Hold rest of the forces back in defense. Round 2 summon 2 more at the midway point. Rest of the rounds use rage for offense or to wall off my normal troops and let the demons do their work. Use spells for direct damage while demons mop up. If the fight is close i toss a mana regen shield or whatever it is on some of the demon stacks so i can continually summon more gates.

And i was wrong im not level 20 im level 15.

fell
09-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Ok ive defeated all 3 bosses. All my artifacts are max level. And i can defeat any army i run across. Im level 15 and at the dwarf stage. Does it get any harder than this? I just got level 3 spells and i fear there is nothing left to challenge me.

Sammual
09-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Fell - Are you playing on Hard?

Sammual

fell
09-29-2008, 07:14 PM
yep

temp
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I found it in elf land. The spell is not very powerful compared to the others. I think the best overall spells you will find are firestorm, ice snake, and hell gate. If you think everything is too easy, then try skipping monsters. I am at level 17 and in the undead world and having a tough time especially when everything else is level 25+.