PDA

View Full Version : Crash after I go through the first portal.

chrys1989
09-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I now allot of people have this problem , when they go through the first door after getting your training sword the game crashs to the desktop, some get a error messege some dont but its the same problem and I have looket all over the net for a sollusion ,and nothing works, the drivers and direct X are the lattest and I know it works on my sistem because the game starts it has good fps and it works until I go through the portal so its definatly a bugg so could somebody fix it or find a solution please.:sad:

phoenixreborn
09-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Try putting this in your $save folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjdztdaztwt

It is a save with a mage character just outside the training ground.

Your game is likely to crash next time you go through a portal though...video card error perhaps?

chrys1989
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
thanks for the save but it dosent work , after loading it the screen goes black and it gives me one of those "send error" "dont send error" to microsoft.

luckenbill56
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about. Here is the interesting part. I installed the demo on another PC. With a lesser video card and should NOT be able to run the game and the game runs perfect. Therefore, not sure any fix is correct. King's Bounty is a fine game and we do not get many RPG's these days, with The Witcher the exception. My PC runs The Witcher with no issues, but will not run KB. However, King's Bounty runs on a slower machine with an older video card perfectly. laughing I don't know what to tell you? Except good luck and you have my sympathy. Hopefully a patch will get released. King's Bounty is very good. BUGGY?? Oh yea.

chrys1989
09-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Ok now that is weird ,and I so want to play this game ,Im hope they fix this problem soon or else they are going to have prety big marketing problems , and its not going to sell the way they expected.

luckenbill56
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
chrys1989,
I used to work in the game industry. Not saying I am always correct with this theory. However, it is amazing to me how many games and software I have found are not supposed to run on my PC and the program/s runs fine. I have a five year old Falcon NW with an older Nvidia GEFORCE Card and 5 Year old Dell PC with an older Radeon card. As I said King's Bounty runs with the Radeon card pc. Am I suprised? Yes and no. I ALWAYS max out my memory and it is amazing how that enables many things to work. That in most cases shouldn't. The Witcher when it comes to graphics is a real horse. However, my Nvidia Card Falcon swallows that sucker right up with no issues.

I don't buy many games these days unless a good RPG comes down the line. Thus, I have been really lucky. Fallout 3 is coming out next month and they are saying if your PC can run Oblivion it will run Fallout 3. Yep I can that one too. My opinion is King's Bounty is just buggy because graphically it isn't anywhere near THE Witcher. I think and hope a patch will correct most of our issues. These games are not written & created overnight. Therefore, my logic tells me the initial programming was not done on a today's market high end pc. Thus, the Radeon works and the other pc doesn't? Who knows? I am as baffled and perplexed as anyone. Nice talking to you.

bshock
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
A lot of people seem to be having this problem, myself included. Hopefully they will release a patch at some point.

mazzaepico
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
A lot of people seem to be having this problem, myself included. Hopefully they will release a patch at some point.

I have this problem too ...I can't play !!!! I think is something linked with video card problems, but they need to fix this soon !!! it happen not only when you go through portal but also when you rotate the screen with right mouse button

phoenixreborn
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Game runs fine on my x800 and on a geforce 6200.

calonge
09-28-2008, 09:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game runs fine on my x800 and on a geforce 6200

phoenixreborn

Whats number geforce drivers? are older drivers?

I need play the demo ,please:(

phoenixreborn
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Very old, no need to update because I never had a problem...in my dxdiag it says drivers version 6.14. Not sure if I'm looking in the right place though.

Edit: it's a 6150, not a 6200 as I posted earlier.

calonge
09-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Very old, no need to update because I never had a problem...in my dxdiag it says drivers version 6.14. Not sure if I'm looking in the right place though.

Edit: it's a 6150, not a 6200 as I posted earlier.

thanks
if your these having problems to find
your drivers put dxdiag and insert the date drivers,please

EJ : 03/05/2008

bkbreeze
09-29-2008, 04:11 AM
I use Geforce 8800 GT and I had the exact same problem using nvidia driver version 175.19. I fixed the problem by update to beta driver 177.92. I have not tested the newest stable driver released on 9-25 (version 178.13). Hope that helps.

calonge
09-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I use Geforce 8800 GT and I had the exact same problem using nvidia driver version 175.19. I fixed the problem by update to beta driver 177.92. I have not tested the newest stable driver released on 9-25 (version 178.13). Hope that helps.

the drivers 177.92 are not compatible for my videocard

phoenixreborn
09-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.8205 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/24/2006 15:15:00, 3955328 bytes

chrys1989
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
that is the same driver that is on the dvd but it still dosent work, and my card dosent support 177.92 driver.

mazzaepico
09-30-2008, 07:22 PM
My game runs very smooth but when i go through the portal it crashes..

I updated my drivers too but nothing happened still the same problem i hope they will release a patch

Kesarion
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I have the same problem, game crashes after I enter the portal in the training room, it also crashes when I try to load a save.
I have tried to update to 1.64(russian) and it still crashes. I have the newest drivers too.

Someone help, is there any fix or some patch ?
Is there at least any news that they are going to fix these issues?

Kesarion
10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, at least the updated demo works, here's a link:
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/kings-bounty-the-legend/pc/kings-bounty-the-legend-updated-demo/

Let's hope they release a fix for the full game soon.

mazzaepico
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, at least the updated demo works, here's a link:
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/kings-bounty-the-legend/pc/kings-bounty-the-legend-updated-demo/

Let's hope they release a fix for the full game soon.

That's great...i'm gonna try the new demo now...but why "NEW" demo ??
I hope to main game will be fixed soon.

mazzaepico
10-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Yes in the demo you mentioned the game doesn't crasn anymore when entering portal and it works fine...i just tried it and it works good.

mazzaepico
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM
For me work 3D Analyze (http://www.3dfxzone.it/files?object=3dfx&objid=100) and choose
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4117/3danalyzejx0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I found this on another post...another member told me to use this program this way and the problem is SOLVED !!!!!

Kesarion
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM
It works thank you :grin:

Mouse1989
10-17-2008, 08:19 PM
I found this on another post...another member told me to use this program this way and the problem is SOLVED !!!!!

Awww mate. I tried it and it didn't work for me xD. It crashed even earlier using 3D Analyze than without it.
Atari really need to learn not to release games with so many bugs and so incompatible with so many systems its really atrocious, especially when people are paying like £30 for this