PDA

View Full Version : Skill: Archer Commander Bugged

Sandsai
09-28-2008, 02:21 AM
The skill archer commander is not being applied correctly for all groups of archers. For instance, my warrior has a leadership in excess of 9000. Thus even a 5% boost would be significant, however, I tried increasing the skill but it does not allow me to recruit more evil beholders (Leadership req of I think 140). Likewise it does not allow me to get more cyclopses. I am sure more creatures are affected. The skill does allow me to recruit more human archers from the initial castle upon leveling the skill. Both of these creatures are described as archers in the troop description so unless I missed the memo, this skill is bugged. :(

Amamake
09-28-2008, 02:32 AM
The skill archer commander is not being applied correctly for all groups of archers. For instance, my warrior has a leadership in excess of 9000. Thus even a 5% boost would be significant, however, I tried increasing the skill but it does not allow me to recruit more evil beholders (Leadership req of I think 140). Likewise it does not allow me to get more cyclopses. I am sure more creatures are affected. The skill does allow me to recruit more human archers from the initial castle upon leveling the skill. Both of these creatures are described as archers in the troop description so unless I missed the memo, this skill is bugged. :(

No, that's how it's supposed to work. It's a shame about beholders, but I'm sure skill still applies to Elven and Skeletal archers and they are great.

EDIT: I just checked the skill description in-game and yeah, it clearly states that it's only good for human, elven and undead troops. That's kinda logical since +20% leadership bonus to beholders would make them horrendously overpowered.

EDIT: If the description is unclear in English version, blame the localization team. It's a shame that they are so terrible at what they do, the original game has some really nice dialogue.

Sandsai
09-28-2008, 02:35 AM
No, that's how it's supposed to work. It's a shame about beholders, but I'm sure skill still applies to Elven and Skeletal archers and they are great.

How I am supposed to know then which troops the skill applies to? Is there like a good rule of thumb to go by here? I was relying on the troop description but apparently that is not the appropriate guideline.

Amamake
09-28-2008, 02:46 AM
How I am supposed to know then which troops the skill applies to? Is there like a good rule of thumb to go by here? I was relying on the troop description but apparently that is not the appropriate guideline.

Since there are only three skills of that type I'll just translate the descriptions:

"Iron Fist" a Warrior-specific skill applies to swordsmen, guardsmen, horsemen and knights.

"Archmage" skill from the magic tree applies to archmages, druids, necromancers, shamans, priests and inquisitors.

"Archer Commander" applies to human, elven and undead archers.