PDA

View Full Version : Level up choices?

HozzMidnight
09-27-2008, 04:09 PM
For each of the three classes, how do you prioritize your stats when you level up?

Is Leadership always the best choice?

Strelok
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
For my warrior, leadership > rage > attack/defence > anything else.

Leadership is THE best choice. While 1 extra attack or defence won't make a big difference, having 2 more giants does that difference ;)

Sandsai
09-28-2008, 04:54 AM
For my warrior, leadership > rage > attack/defence > anything else.

Leadership is THE best choice. While 1 extra attack or defence won't make a big difference, having 2 more giants does that difference ;)

Rage is a pretty good choice every now and then because there aren't that many opportunities in the world that build up your max rage, however, there are plenty of opportunities for leadership with all the banners and + leadership artifacts.

Ball Buster
09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Rage is a pretty good choice every now and then because there aren't that many opportunities in the world that build up your max rage, however, there are plenty of opportunities for leadership with all the banners and + leadership artifacts.

The banners are nearly useless when you have a warrior. Usually you would need 15-20 banners to reach the equal increase of leadership than leveling up. On the contrary, when you got an increase of rage in the adventure map in nearly the same as when you go up a level.

And also, I think the maximum rage isn't so important as the leadership. The rage is there for use it, not for accumulate it. I'm not that type of player who loads big amounts of rage by not using it against weak creatures, and then drop all in a stronger group or enemy hero. Using rage allows the spirits to grow up and gain new habilities, making it stronger.

Sandsai
09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
The banners are nearly useless when you have a warrior. Usually you would need 15-20 banners to reach the equal increase of leadership than leveling up. On the contrary, when you got an increase of rage in the adventure map in nearly the same as when you go up a level.

And also, I think the maximum rage isn't so important as the leadership. The rage is there for use it, not for accumulate it. I'm not that type of player who loads big amounts of rage by not using it against weak creatures, and then drop all in a stronger group or enemy hero. Using rage allows the spirits to grow up and gain new habilities, making it stronger.

I use rage pots for big battles, quite helpful. I would go with some rage very early on when your leadership lvl is around 100 as compared to say an increase in 7-10 max rage. Just me again I guess.

leo
10-08-2008, 06:57 AM
You will get more leadership points per level up in the late game while the attack and defence points offered will still be the same. My suggestion is to take attack/defence in early game, and leadership in late game.

Writhan
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
You will get more leadership points per level up in the late game while the attack and defence points offered will still be the same. My suggestion is to take attack/defence in early game, and leadership in late game.
Good advice

Namel
10-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Intelligence is much better than described in game. Every point of int seems to give about 10% more damage and healing power. In addition to that you get 10% more at ever 7 int. And 1 more turn to spell duration at 15 int. (Not to all spells tho, at least phantom duration did not increase at 15 int.)

Here is some quick numbers for level 3 magic poleaxe at diff amount of int:
Int Damage
2: 430
3: 470
4: 500
5: 540
6: 575
7: 670

So if you use lot of damage or healing spells int is very important.

I think attack is much better than defense. At least I usually hit lot more often than get hit so I use attack much more than defense.

Daedalus
10-08-2008, 09:06 AM
correct, in the demo the descripton for intellect was that each point also gave you a 1% increase in damage, in the fullgame this is no longer indicated although it does count.

you can test this easily with +intellect items and a dmg spell in your book to confirm.

atm i have about 24 intellect and doing a steady 2k damage with my trusty fireball.

Yaster
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I think attack is much better than defense. At least I usually hit lot more often than get hit so I use attack much more than defense.

It doesn't calculate that easily. High defense help to preserve troops, it boost especially high HP units. Mine ~25 Def hero + dragons are nearly impossible to kill. With seems to be better cost-effective (time too = bigger score).

Also It helps you prolong fights and gives opportunity to gain more rage for less cost, while at the same time you have more time to unleash spirits. Imho Defense is really handy for Mage. More spells is all he needs. thought it seems meditate give less mana after some turns (at least it's mine impression) so the fun won't last forever.

Antiga
10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I have fought 20+ turn battles with each turn giving the same amount of mana. I'm pretty sure it doesn't slowly decline. I agree completely on the defence part. I rather lose a few troops less WHEN I get hit, than kill a few more on a hit.. The enemy will die anyway, the only things that matters to me is how few men I lose, and to be able to gain as much in a battle as possible - spirit exp for example.

JGary321
10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
I'm not sure. I was fighting the battle when you take over the castle in the dwarves land full of demons & I STOPPED regaining mana probably 10 turns in. It was weird. I never usually have that many turns so I figured there was a time limit. Anyone know for sure?

Direwolf
10-09-2008, 03:01 AM
I've seen this several times in longer battles.

It seems to be a tiered effect.

With max concentration you get +6 mana per turn. I've noticed that after several turns that goes down to +3 and then +2 and then +1.

I think it's actually a really good game mechanic actually. Because if they didn't do this i would just kill all the enemy, leave a couple of low level troops and just resurrect my entire army before moving on. Can't do that with diminishing mana...

cheers,
DW

Antiga
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
That's the tactic I used when I was a knight even. I had a 5 mana regeneration, i'd play with enemy troops untill all my own ressable troops were ressed. I'm still sure i've had a mana regeneration at turn 20+ in multiple battles.. though I may be mistaken about the amount that would regenerate.

bugmenot
10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
At the start of turn 10 check the message area, you'll see something like:

Your soldiers are tiring, concentration is harder, mana and rage generation are halved.

On turn 20 you'll see something like:

The battle is long, your soldiers have lost their bloodlust, you can no longer gain mana or rage.

I'm playing a mage, but don't have the concentration skill (yet), normal difficulty, I'm level about 12, but I started noticing these messages when I started making battles last longer to exploit Sacrifice.

I regain 2 mana per turn upto turn 10, then 1 mana per turn upto turn 20.
________
marijuana dispensary (http://dispensaries.org)

Suporex
10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I am mage and for me it was

Att/int/def > leadership > mana > rage

was hard at the begining but now at level 20 every fight is so easy

atm I have --> +15 attack, +24 Def, +34 Intellect, 99 Mana, 50 Rage and 11200 Leafership

LiveInABox
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
currently lvl 19 warrior.. attack 16, def 26, int 5, 70 mana, 100 rage, 12500 leadership..

personally ive been going for leadership/rage ahead of attack/def/mana

Antiga
10-10-2008, 04:55 AM
I started a new game as a mage. Funny thing is, only now I notice that I NEVER found a +attack spot ingame with my level 22 knight.(I didn't even know what they looked like) Found one with my lvl 6 mage. I'm on 3 atk, 4 def, 8 int with 1200ish leadership.

For me it's Int > Def > Attack > Mana > Leadership > Rage.

Though leadership will move up on higher levels as it's simply not worth it yet. Had to pick mana once, other than that only picked stats.

kennec
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I am mage and for me it was

Att/int/def > leadership > mana > rage

was hard at the begining but now at level 20 every fight is so easy

atm I have --> +15 attack, +24 Def, +34 Intellect, 99 Mana, 50 Rage and 11200 Leafership

crazy stats. way better then my lvl 30 mage. u had luck in your game with the + items for sure.

mind post an screenshot and show us whut type of items u got?

Writhan
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
My level 25 mage has:

Attack: 6
Defense: 22
Intelligence: 39
Leadership: ~14000

Rage: 54
Mana: 107

Demon wife. No kids.

My armageddon hits for ~6k. Way too powerful :9

Zhuangzi
10-11-2008, 08:40 AM
There is a great spell for regenerating Mana - I think it is called Magic Spring or something like that. At level 3 it gives +5 mana every time the stack is hit, plus a 30% defensive bonus, for 3 turns. This is a great way to get some mana back later in a long fight. Give it to your stack of Griffins and plonk them down in the middle of a pack of weak spiders or something. :cool:

Antiga
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
My mage is currently lvl 12. 8 atk. 14 def. 21 int. 3300 leadership. 41 rage, 70 mana.

I hit 3000+ with ice snakes(my current highest damage spell). Overpowering armies are easy pie, I usually don't even suffer losses.

Frog wife, in frog form. Using normal snakes and royal snakes in combination with frog form and Ring of the snake king is kickass =)

w0mbat
03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Im just wondering, is the skillchoise at lvl up totally random?
as mage ive only gotten rage/leadership so far...and once i found intellect.
Seems a bit boring to not get more mage stats as a mage tbh.