PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly pleased - THIS is what a gaming experience should be!

hickmanj
09-27-2008, 12:52 PM
First, let me say KUDOS to the developers for this game. It is technically polished and, so far, after 10-15 hours of play, bug free. Why is this important? Because we live in an age when devs/producers too often release alpha/beta releases - not polished pleasing games. So THANK YOU to the devs for a polished game.

Second, this game ROCKS! I love the small details (like the undead walls coming alive when you get near them) and touches. I love the graphics. I love the scope of the game and how the devs implemented upgrading a classic.

This game has me hooked! I'm thoroughly enjoying the game play, the quests (which get deeper than I expected so far!)

Thank you! I hadn't heard of this before I read a Gamespy review, then I tried the demo, then I bought the game and spent all day yesterday playing it! I'm in love.

:) Great product - everyone involved in its creation should be proud!

Jason

HozzMidnight
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah great game, loving it.

sinava
09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, great game .. have been playing it non stop for the past 10 hours :grin:

Blackthorne
09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Agreed. Wonderful feel to the game (great art style) and solid strategy/RPG gameplay. Really enjoying it! :-P

Direwolf
09-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Ditto.

The depth is incredible...the game played as a mage, paladin or Warrior is completely different. THEN you throw in the upgrades and that can completely change the strategy of your game.

Great job DEVs.

cheers,
DW

kennec
10-01-2008, 01:26 AM
word

i am hoocked to

whut i realy like it seems so balanced and have sevral solutions to quests and xp grind

3 days almsot in row. to bad work starts tomrow

Darkhon
10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
I am in total agreement. This game is strangely addictive.

I should be playing Warhammer Online, World of Warcraft, Spore, I've got every console, etc.

Yet, I can't seem to stop. This world is huge.

I am in awe at people who have run through the game more than once. I think part of it's addictive quality is just that I want to see where everything is!!

Next time through I would make a beeline towards some of these places instead of farting around as much in the starting area.

Kosiciel
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Very addicitive game indeed. I've stopped playing anything else :)

GreyBeard
10-06-2008, 02:19 AM
I agree great game the first game in many years that actually plays out of the box! Without weekly 100MB patches to download, other developers and publishers should take note.

GB

gil300
10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
lol i'm glad i'm not the only one addicted to this game!
god i cant stop playing this .
this game is perfect:!:

deimios
10-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Yes it is more balanced than you'd first think.
I initially was unhappy with the XP system and some skills. Then I made a spreadsheet to see what would need to be balanced. Turns out that across all difficulties, all playstyles and all classes the game is balanced. If you think something is overpowered try a different difficulty setting.

Zhuangzi
10-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I thought the obsession would end when I completed the game for the first time.

It didn't. :o

Now I'm slogging my way through the Freedom Islands again as a Mage. :cool:

phoenixreborn
10-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Yes it's a very fun game. I'm curious to try a mage after getting most of my army smoohsed by The great Karrah orc mage. That chain lightning was killer even if he took out some of his own troops.

Direwolfe
10-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Amazing game, as the second Direwolf to speak in this thread I applaud the devs for this amazing game. The artwork,the music,the story and humors AWESOME!

Please make a expansion or sequel PLEASE!

nemesis99
10-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Please make a expansion or sequel PLEASE!

There's probably a good chance of that, it seems like King's Bounty is the flagship product for 1C.

LiveInABox
10-13-2008, 12:12 PM
I do think the difficulty needs work...im on the undead isles now and the game is just getting ridicuously easy..and when theres a battle every 10 seconds with no chance of losing it gets a bit repetitive. having said that, i still end up playing till the early hours for that one last turn..

Hazimel
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I do think the difficulty needs work...im on the undead isles now and the game is just getting ridicuously easy..and when theres a battle every 10 seconds with no chance of losing it gets a bit repetitive. having said that, i still end up playing till the early hours for that one last turn..

What is your difficulty level ?

Just try Impossible if the game is too easy for you

LiveInABox
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
normal...it was hard at the start but i dont wanna have to start over having got this far. if i play through again i will try on hard.

Multiplicity
10-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I have been playing this game through, still on my first round, and I have been enjoying it thoroughly. The gameplay was something I have been seeking for a while now. The graphics are well done with vibrant colors and detail. I can play the game on my laptop with relatively high settings with acceptable performance, which is awesome. This is definitely a game I'll be putting on my favorite's list.

phoenixreborn
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Really? I'm playing on normal and in the undead lands and in the demon lands I still lose my whole army sometimes.

Level 26 warrior.

player1
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
It is technically polished and, so far, after 10-15 hours of play, bug free.

Truth to be told, we have to thank russian players for this. Since english edition was made only after several patches for russian version. That's why it seems so polished out of box.