PDA

View Full Version : Buying troops

vgsloki
09-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this game...

I have a question for the avid players here...

When you start out and buy the troops that you are allowed based on your leadership skills in the starting castle...

... as you play and come back it seems that I'm no longer to buy them even when I have zero of them in my party... Soldiers - Knights - Mage - ETC...

I'm on level 5 now...

Any ideas???

Thank you, :)

Lord_Loffen
09-27-2008, 06:04 AM
do you have enough gold?

catku
09-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Have you completed one of the kings quests? the troups refilled after I fought the Giant Turtle.

Ball Buster
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Have you completed one of the kings quests? the troups refilled after I fought the Giant Turtle.

SPOILER ALERT!

But yes, what he says is true. After completing the King's third quest, you would be able to buy as much bowmen and swordsmen as you like.

Regarding your hero's XP level and the fact that you have already buyed all the troops of the main castle, I would advise you two things:

One, take a walk to other areas: there are enough supplies of troops (bowmen, swordsmen, archmages, priests, inquisitors...) to reach twice or triple XP level than you have right now.

Two, be careful in battles. If you don't have enough troops in that moment of the game, that's because you lose too much units in battles.

Zhuangzi
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Where can I get more Horsemen? I have a shield which gives 3 defense overall and +5 defense to Horsemen, but I can't find any expect for about 8 in the King's Tent. This is really annoying, because my leadership allows for about 15 of them. :eek:

Xanthaz
09-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Horsemen become a Horde within the main Castle after you complete the main quest in the Dwarven lands. Up until that point I only found them in that tent, and once you buy them they don't restock. You need to diversify to keep your army full. Guess they want you to try out other units.

vgsloki
09-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Okay - got it... I can buy the troops now!!! Thanks for the help :-)