PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth upgrading item?

Munch10
09-26-2008, 08:41 PM
So far even the first upgrades for all of the upgradeable items I've found are incredibly difficult. Does anyone have a list of the upgrade levels or at least can say if it's worth losing lots of troops to finish one of these.

-Munch

Zhuangzi
09-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't have a list, but I agree that most of the upgrade fights are much too hard early on. I was able to upgrade the Steel Belt without a problem though. That one is certainly worth doing.

The problem with these fights is that you have no idea in advance how hard they are. Quite often I take a look at the stacks of 100 Horsemen and say 'D'OH! RELOAD!' :rolleyes:

Strelok
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, once you get all 4 rage spirits, these battles become quite easy, at least for a warrior. Begin with a Rage Taking, than follow up with Underground Blades, Evil Shoal and Black Hole... it's really too easy having that many area-of-effect powers against those pesky gremlin towers.

Zhuangzi
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Strelok, how long will it take me to get the third rage demon? He says he wants electricity or something. I presume this will happen further into the game.

PS, somebody likes STALKER, hey? :-P Have you played Clear Sky yet? If so, it is worth getting?

Xanthaz
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey Strelok, how long will it take me to get the third rage demon? He says he wants electricity or something. I presume this will happen further into the game.

You get the third one shorty after you get to the dwarven lands. You get the forth after you nearly finish the Dwarven lands.

Strelok
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
PS, somebody likes STALKER, hey? :-P Have you played Clear Sky yet? If so, it is worth getting?

Yeah, I love Stalker :D However, Clear Sky isn't worth getting, as the story isn't the same quality as Stalker's.

Imperial Dane
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
It is definately worth upgrading items as you can find new effects as they are upgraded, plus not all items are that hard to upgrade, for example the steel boots are probably the easiest in the game while the officer's rod is much tougher, so while it does take some work to get the most out of them, the rewards are better i would imagine.. of course i haven't seen it to the end with all as the keepers get quite strong ;)

Youngzz
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Eh, how exactly do you get to fight to upgrade items? I have no idea what you're talking about :/

Another question: I need to find a slave-trader Rotten hake in "A forest" NorthWest of "The capital". I have no idea where that is :/

Tempo
09-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I need to find a slave-trader Rotten hake in "A forest" NorthWest of "The capital". I have no idea where that is :/

He is really live in the forest north-west of Cronberg castle. Trere is two ways to this point: one by earth and another by water.

Youngzz
09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
He is really live in the forest north-west of Cronberg castle. Trere is two ways to this point: one by earth and another by water.

LoL thanks, i totaly forgot about that one!
Now i only need 1 answer.

Kolorabi
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
LoL thanks, i totaly forgot about that one!
Now i only need 1 answer.

Some items can be upgraded. You can see this in the item information. If they can be upgraded, right click on them and select the upgrade-item on the menu. Save first, though, because when you try to upgrade an item you have to fight the spirits in it.

A sort of tutorial for this element of the game is the missing miller quest from the village outside the capital, which is perhaps what you need to find Rotten Hake for in the first place. :)

In response to the OP - well, yes, of course it is worth it to upgrade items. But save first, as others have suggested, and if the fight is too hard (or looks too hard), just come back later. Like with all fights.

Youngzz
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Weard, i haven't found any item yet i can upgrade , and im level 13 allready :/

Suporex
09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Weard, i haven't found any item yet i can upgrade , and im level 13 allready :/

Wierd as one upgradable item you get during low lev quest, to remove Zombiness from the guy in Mill and the zombie wife

Lads I have created another post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4145 where I hope we will update stats that are given after upgrade