PDA

View Full Version : Demo crash after load

LeoKesler
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I have tested the demo version but I am unable to play.

After the load screen, when the player show in the screen, with a dialog box (of the game) and a cursor (red circle) , the screen freeze and after some seconds, the screen goes black. The monitor dont go to stanby. The system stay freeze, dont power off.

My computer dont shutdown and I need to push reset button to restart.

The PSU is OK, because I have tested with latest 3dmark and the system dont power off (PSU with 550W) .

My system is: AMD X2 5200, 4Gb RAM, video onboard (ATI 1200 series) and Vista x64 SP1 (fresh install, from 5 days ago). I dont overclock my system.

About the onboard video, before the black screen, the game shows perfectly, with no errors or artifacts.

I am using the latest catalyst, 8.9.

Thanks for your help and excuse me my bad english.

NCSUSean
09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I have tested the demo version but I am unable to play.

After the load screen, when the player show in the screen, with a dialog box (of the game) and a cursor (red circle) , the screen freeze and after some seconds, the screen goes black. The monitor dont go to stanby. The system stay freeze, dont power off.

My computer dont shutdown and I need to push reset button to restart.

The PSU is OK, because I have tested with latest 3dmark and the system dont power off (PSU with 550W) .

My system is: AMD X2 5200, 4Gb RAM, video onboard (ATI 1200 series) and Vista x64 SP1 (fresh install, from 5 days ago). I dont overclock my system.

About the onboard video, before the black screen, the game shows perfectly, with no errors or artifacts.

I am using the latest catalyst, 8.9.

Thanks for your help and excuse me my bad english.

Im having the exact same problem, also with an ATI 1200 series onboard video card -- I also upgraded to the latest drivers from ati.com. I can click on new game, select my class, name, and flag, the little dialogue plays fine, and then as soon as the screen comes up with the 1st npc and the text box - I get the red circle, the game freezes, after 10-20 seconds the screen goes completely black and has to be hard booted (power button held in) to restart.

I have tried the game in all of the supported resolution modes, and with the standard video settings -- with everything set to low/off/2x/lowest settings, and with various combinations thereof - I have also tried disabling the sound which didnt get me any further.

I went through the process of installing Windows XP SP3 as well as all hardware updates from the windows updater - and then went and checked each hardware MFG's website to see if there were any more recent drivers released -- everything is 100% up to date.

I just finished playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition on this PC which is significantly more graphically intensive as well, so I very highly doubt its a matter of the 1200 series onboard video not being adequate for these graphics here.

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

-- FYI - I have also run a full system scan with a fully updated NAV 08, Adaware, combofix, and online scans with pandasecurity and trendmicro -- the only thing present on my cpu are a few cookies -- no malware of any type.

I have uploaded my DxDiag report at the following link:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1808564

LeoKesler
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Maybe this is a bug with our onboard graphics x catalyst driver x game, because you and me are using different systems (vista x xp ) and we get the same error.

Do you have tested with another version of catalyst driver ?

If not, I will download the game demo again in this weekend ( I have deleted by my error ) and try with another version of catalyst driver.

Sorry for my bad english.

NCSUSean
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Yea, originally I had a set of drivers from 2007 -- wish I had checked out the version # before installing the newest ones. Same problem on both sets of drivers.

LeoKesler
09-27-2008, 07:47 PM
A possible solution:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=51196&postcount=26

Now, I ask for the developer team to try fix the bug.

THanks NCSUSean, for post in that topic, telling us the tip.

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 06:55 AM
A possible solution:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=51196&postcount=26

Now, I ask for the developer team to try fix the bug.

THanks NCSUSean, for post in that topic, telling us the tip.

The devs are trying to solve this problem. Also I can't promise the fix, as ATI 1200 is rather weak for King's Bounty.