PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting too far ahead of myself?

KingImp
09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
So, I ventured into Verlon Forest with my Level 4 Paladin. I came across this Deserted Castle which was being guarded by some guy named Mark. He told me I had to retrieve something from the castle and bring it to him. So, I went in and was attacked by 3 stacks of Skeletons/Skelton Archers each containing 400-700 units.

How the hell am I supposed to beat this with my measly army so early in the game? I had like 20 Bowmen, 20 Priests, 30 Swordsmen, 4 Archmagi and 100 Peasants. I can't get anymore that that.

hawker
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Come back later, obviously.

Imperial Dane
09-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Well certain parts are just more difficult than others, too me quite some time before i could complete certain quests in Darion, and i was about level 10 by then. Still haven't completed one and i am already in the land of the dwarves.

Xanthaz
09-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't like doing battles unless they are some for of "weak". I am currently level 14 and I still havn't completely cleared the castle. Some of the "painting" battles are pretty nasty. I prefer to come back later and save money on troop replacements. If something is stronger than an even match I mark it on my minimap and move on, then come back to it later.

Zhuangzi
09-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I had a similar problem when I first landed in the Freedom Islands. EVERYTHING was too strong for me. What do you do? You get back on the ship, go and clear out everything on Darion first. There are a handful of fights that are still too hard. If you upgrade your Scouting skill you will be able to tell which fights you must avoid.

I've found that you can achieve a lot by sneaking past enemies, picking up the goodies, and then running away. :-P

Alto
09-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I am really having a great time with this game, I truly am - And I'm not so easily impressed.
However I do have a few questions, as this game is in no-way a walk-over ( and that's a good thing in my book ) : I am currently running a mage ( lvl 6 ) I've been saving my runes for a rainy day, so to speak but now I think that I've come to a halt.
1. I am in desperate need of a scroll of ressurection - Hints anyone ? - no spoliers just a general hint so I know where to look if all possible ;)

2. The tent , where one can buy Horsemens and Knights is fairly limited , as in how many they offer, are there other such tents along the way ? - Hints ?

3. How do I know when an item is part of a set , does it say or do I have to something to make it show ?

4. Having a wife is a great thing ( for all you youngsters out there, it really is :P ) and also when fireing up King's Bounty, but I am a little bit dissapointed in my off-spring at the moment ( currently 4 ) - Any way that I adopt or - well a place I can get rid of the old crone to start a fresh ? :rolleyes:

Well that's all for me at the moment, I am off to enjoy this game again :)

phoenixreborn
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you can divorce, and the wife will take 1/5th of your gold. Lol.

I've lost my whole army a couple of times. I'm pushing my boundaries and high tailing it out of there when I see a fight that's too strong, like an enemy hero or a castle. Level 9 now.

Alto
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,

thanks, Phoenixreborn.

Alas, I am still in need of some sort of ressurection ( PM me if it's to much of a spoiler - I have sent a PM to ImperialDane . )

Also, I am having a bit of a "struggle" with scrolls - Mainly buying them, it always says that I have exceded my limit and hence no more room in my spell book ?? I am about to pick up a Phoenix spell ( young ) but I can't get it .... grrrr :rolleyes:

Xanthaz
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Alto,
1: Assuming the full game is the same as the demo, all items (and probably including scrolls) are randomized for each vender. So it is doubtful anyone can tell you where a scroll of resurrection is sold. I havn't found one yet (Level 17) so I am not even sure if they exist.

2: So far, I have only found that one tent that sells Horsemen, and only one other vender that sold a whopping 3 Knights. It forces you to diversify and use other troops. I usually ended up using the Horde units (other than peasents) to restock along with Priests and Thorn-Hunters(tons of damage once you get enough, plus there is an awesome helm that doubles thier damage and halves Rage loss). Once I got off the first continent I found that it was a good idea to Garrison your troops at the first Castle you find and start using what they are selling, because it saves you trips back and forth in the long run.

3: No clue, I havn't found any set items yet as far as I know. Not even sure if they exist.

4: You can't do much about the wife unless you divorce her. I think the babies are completely random so if you don't like her abilities or the kids have crappy mods then you give her the boot once you find a replacement. She takes a fifth of your money and whatever gear you leave on her, so I recommend stripping her before divorcing. Save your game first though, because I read there is a bug where if you equip an item she was wearing it crashes the game.

Any other questions? :grin:

EDIT: To answer your most recent question, once you are able to scribe a spell, may want to just start selling them all off at castles. If you can't scribe it yet just sell any duplicates.

Lord_Loffen
09-27-2008, 03:37 PM
3: there are set items in the game, atleast in the demo. read their info and it will say what bonuses it will give with different items.

phoenixreborn
09-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Another small detail I noticed this morning...the scroll vendors have many more scrolls to the right if you click over...I thought they just had 4.

Saridu
09-28-2008, 02:53 AM
I must really be lucky, Furious Paladin was selling the Resurrection spell (Only remember because it cost 12000!). Ironic because I'm a paladin :rolleyes:

Set items, yeah found a couple, one that increases leadership (level 1 was an impressive +250) but the keepers kicked my ass! 500 swordsman and six gremlin towers with 1600 hp each!

I also recently started using native troops, not crazy about casualties, prefer coming out without a scratch but in the pirate isles the sheer numbers make that impossible so my Paladin has become a pirate (don't ask me how that works!) Like the way the games forces you to change your tactics.

Xanthaz
09-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Set items, yeah found a couple, one that increases leadership (level 1 was an impressive +250) but the keepers kicked my ass! 500 swordsman and six gremlin towers with 1600 hp each!

I think you are using the term "Set Items" by mistake. Items that you can upgrade have the names of each possible item listed from lowest to highest, which your current version highlighted. If you are able to beat the Keepers and upgrade the weapon, the stats on the item change and the highlight moves down the list.

A "Set Item" would be when there are more than one completely different item (i.e. helm, armor, and sword) that give additional bonuses when used at the same time. If this exists, can someone link me a screenshot, because I haven't seen one.

Thanks.

travcm
09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
You need to view the item info to see if it's a set item. Set items will usually have a small bonus for equipping all of the items at once.

Trifle5T
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know how to get to the Freedom Islands. The king said i needed to get some maps, but i can't find the way to get there. I tried to swim with a ship but it was useless, please help

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't know how to get to the Freedom Islands. The king said i needed to get some maps, but i can't find the way to get there. I tried to swim with a ship but it was useless, please help

Ask the boatman in Darion to take you to the Freedom Islands.