PDA

View Full Version : Setting View distance for objects & how to keep men from walking thru them?

jwhittley
06-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Well the title says it all....basically I can make alien trees and alien rocks and save them as objects but as a pull away on the map they disappear. I've looked at other objects trees and rocks and they are visible no matter the distance over the map. I can't find where the parameters are to change this. Also it would be nice if my men didn't just walk thru them. I've placed barrels and stuff with them and made them invisible but it is sort of messy. Any help would be appreciated. In the construction folder their is a entourage folder with elements that use .dds graphic settings I woyld like my objects to reside in that folder and behave like those objects. I save my objects as body objects and they reside in the body folder with .tif.bmp and .tga settings. When I move them to the entourage folder I still experience the same two problems.

djsatane
07-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Well all those entities have a def file and you have to have same props to begin with, just look at def file for entity that doesnt dissapear as fast. Some stuff dissapears due to level of detail limitations set for the game to run fine.