PDA

View Full Version : Controls Key Problem ( White DOS command list )

Racetrack
06-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi guys, I know that I'm flooding the Forum with a lot of technical questions, I hope that this info will maybe be usefull for any other pilot!
The problem is this: while I'm flying sometimes I have to press "Shift" maybe to set Airbrake or any other parametres of the plane/bombsight, sometimes when I release it appear an huge white list (seems like MS-DOS) covering all the screen that disable me to do anything with the Sim, the only way to get back to the sim is to re-press shift. This is too frustrating in the middle of a dogfight trying to do a level-bomb raid :-x:-x:-x:-x

How to prevent this problem?

K_Freddie
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
It might be your Windows 'Accelerator' key settings.. one I know is the shift key - you press it for more than 5 secs or to many times windows will exit the game and go in what I think is 'macro mode'.

You'll have to disable this feature in windows.
Can't remember how to do it.

Racetrack
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
I was thinking the same but i don't press Shift fast as you say, I press Shift
randomly and not 5 time in a few second. I'll try your solution anyhow and write the result.
Thank u anyway :):)

Artist
06-28-2013, 04:03 PM
appear an huge white list (seems like MS-DOS) covering all the screen
Could that be the console? Try Shift+TAB to make it go away again.
Artist

Bearcat
07-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Could that be the console? Try Shift+TAB to make it go away again.
Artist

Yes that sounds like what it is. Perhaps you have a key bound to tab and when you hit SHIFT it slips into the console. Check your controls set up.

Racetrack
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes that sounds like what it is. Perhaps you have a key bound to tab and when you hit SHIFT it slips into the console. Check your controls set up.

DONE!
Thanks mate this problem was solved yesterday :)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-02-2013, 03:34 PM
That happens if you Alt+Tab out and in the game. Pressing TAB and ALT alone then a few times help it go away.

BTW: that MS-DOS thingy is called the 'console' and its very helpfull sometimes to somebody.

Racetrack
07-05-2013, 01:38 PM
That happens if you Alt+Tab out and in the game. Pressing TAB and ALT alone then a few times help it go away.

BTW: that MS-DOS thingy is called the 'console' and its very helpfull sometimes to somebody.

Thank you very much!! I'll use the Windows Key!