PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* Wives/Children Bonuses

jWTFz
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Here's a question for the veterans.

What are the bonuses of the various wives their children? I ask because you can easly check the bonus of each wife as you get her, and then reload, but children take a while to get born, and take up one artifact slot, only to give you a useless bonus.

Too often you end up a dissapointed parent.:P

HAH! I'll make a great father.

Anyways, in the interest of future pixel generations, can anyone list the wives with the various bonuses they confer, and the children's bonuses if possible?

I know the Corpse Bride gives bonuses to Undead units or Pirates if she is human. No idea about the kids tho.

And the Frog Wife gives you +3 Intellect and her children give more scroll spaces.

Any more?

xavion
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
And the Frog Wife gives you +3 Intellect and her children give more scroll spaces.

Any more?

It seems like the children you get are just randomly selected out of a pool of children... I do not have any scroll spaces children with the Frog Wife.

jWTFz
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Really? Damn, I was really hoping that wasn't the case.. I actually got TWO scroll bonus children, one for 6 and one 4 scrolls... imagine my dissapointment... As a mage, I've yet to actually ever use a scroll in battle.

Oh well, I guess I'll just pretend that magic makes you serile or something:P. Or that I actually play a hero with enough common sense not to have children in the middle of a battle, but I prefer the first explanation.

Those 3 extra artifact slots sure come in handy...

Krynnit
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM
in russian "mirabella crashes" not pointed :)
all wifes can get a random child, but i think mage get commonly childs with mage bonuses, wariors - strength and rage bonuses.
here is total 6 wifes

Amamake
09-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Just got to done with Kranken and James, Mirabella is crashing me as well. Is this a known bug? Russian version have the same? Admin?

No, it never happened to me and I always take Mirabella.

(She grants +100% attack to Pirates and Robbers. Children have various rage bonuses).

Bonar
09-25-2008, 11:17 PM
The crash probably related to code translation error from russian into english version. Just got Elf wife, she has 3 regalia slots (one of them can also use as belt slot) and one artifact slot. Only give +1 moral to elves.

axxis32
09-26-2008, 12:12 AM
For Me (mage) the children I got with Mirabella (3/4) gave like 10% extra to leadership (the last one gave mana I think).

As a mage, that extra leadership is kinda nice :)

Trueguard
09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Where and how do you get the frog wife? and can you have more then one wife?

Zhuangzi
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
The frog wife's child gave me +10 Mana. Very happy about that. :cool:

There's a long quest where you have to get a frog. I think it is the Earl of something in a castle in Arlania. The frog is in Marshan Swamp but there's more to the quest than meets the eye. You get a LOT of goodies including a very pretty wife. :-P

jake21
09-27-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm a mage on normal (which is currently a bit too easy - level 8 with 151K gold) - anyways I ended up with the frog wife (for now). She is +3 int in my game and my first child gave me 10 rage. So I guess it is a bit random....

The frog wife's child gave me +10 Mana. Very happy about that. :cool:

There's a long quest where you have to get a frog. I think it is the Earl of something in a castle in Arlania. The frog is in Marshan Swamp but there's more to the quest than meets the eye. You get a LOT of goodies including a very pretty wife. :-P

stupidface
09-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Is it confirmed that Mirabella, Corpse, and Froggy are the only potential wives in the game?

Strelok
09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
No, there are more wives.

Somewhere in the dwarven underground, you get a quest to save a dwarf's daughter from a cyclops cave. After you do it, you can marry her. Though I didn't mention she's as attractive as a pile of garbage, but it's a matter of taste :)

Also, there's the elf chick :D

Amamake
09-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Also, there's the elf chick :D

And the demon girl.

jake21
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Bleh. Now I have too many kids. I hope they grow up or something cause I don't want them all !

knoxchris
09-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Bleh. Now I have too many kids. I hope they grow up or something cause I don't want them all !

do they grow up in the game? :-P

temp
09-28-2008, 03:54 AM
After you divorce a wife, can you re-add them later on?

Kolorabi
09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
What are the bonuses of later wives, such as the dwarf and the demon? I'm not entirely sold on the ones I have available (the zombie & the frog), so I'm wondering if I should wait or if I should marry now to get the bonuses.

Edit: And how far in is the demon wife?

Hepasto The Terror
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm a mage on normal (which is currently a bit too easy - level 8 with 151K gold) - anyways I ended up with the frog wife (for now). She is +3 int in my game and my first child gave me 10 rage. So I guess it is a bit random....

Ya, its random as most of the things in game (including availability of troops and enemy troops you encounter)...

Hepasto The Terror
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM

No once divorced, they are gone for ever...

kennec
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM
i am mage and i got +3 int from the frog wife.

knoxchris
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm using the Frog Wife on my mage for the int. Is there a more optimal wife i should look for?

rhomboidspace
09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Taken from the games text files, descriptions for all the wives and children possible

//==== wife_feanora
Ex-princess of the swamps and patroness of frogs, she is now your wife.
[s]+3 to Intellect

//==== wife_frog_feanora
Former princess of frogs, she is now your wife, and has turned from the beautiful woman into a speaking frog.
[s]+100% to the Attack of Snakes and Spiders

//==== wife_mirabella
The bellicose and independent woman-pirate. To win her hand you had to defeat the Kraken itself!
[s]+100% to the Attack of Pirates and Robbers

//==== wife_neoka
The beautiful elven woman from noble clan of Ice Tears, whom you saved from the Necromancers.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Elves

//==== wife_nessy
The dwarven woman Gerda is not beautiful, but very industrious and hardy.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Dwarves

//==== wife_rina
She is the chieftain Hake's former girlfriend. She has the unpleasant but very useful ability of turning into a zombie.
[s]+1 to the Speed and Initiative of Robbers and Pirates

//==== wife_rina_zombie
She is the chieftain Hake's former girlfriend. At this moment, her curse has turned her into a zombie.
[s]+1 to the Speed and Initiative of Undead creatures

//==== wife_xeona
The indomitable, passionate and alluring Demoness Xeona.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Demons

//==== kid_adamus
A naughty and wayward child who considers himself to be of great importance, and demands much attention.
[s]+20% to Attack

//==== kid_ajven
You expect that this boy will become a powerful mage, for his magic aura is very strong.
[s]+30% to Mana

//==== kid_alexander
The boy has a strong charisma. You expect him to do well, no matter what path he chooses in life!
[s]+10% to Leadership

//==== kid_ambrella
The clever and beautiful girl, she has a flair for magic.
[s]+4 additional scrolls for your Spell Book

//==== kid_angelika
This babe is constantly mumbling to herself, but sometimes this mumbling turns into real spells!
[s]+10 to Mana

//==== kid_anna
The amazing babe, she has a rare magic flair. Such people are called "Wells of Magic."
[s]+8 additional scrolls for your Spell Book

//==== kid_dmitry
This chubby child is very intelligent and catches on very fast.
[s]+10% to Experience in combat

//==== kid_elly
The babe has a flair for magic and levitation.
[s]+20% to Mana

//==== kid_emmanuel
A charming but fussy baby - and watch our for the bite!
[s]+20% to Rage

//==== kid_gavriil
He was named after the angel, and like his namesake has a divine protective power.
[s]+5 to Defense

//==== kid_gendalf
Due to his magic flair, this rather intelligent boy was named after the famous mage, the hero of bards' songs.
[s]+20% to Intellect

//==== kid_gomer
A slow-witted boy, but very strong, named after one of the Titans.
[s]+3 to Attack

//==== kid_googlik
A nice and very intelligent boy.
[s]+5 to Intellect

//==== kid_janna
This babe has the piercing glance of a fighter - and it's impossible not to obey!
[s]+10% to Leadership

//==== kid_john
A fussy kid who can bite. He is not to be trifled with!
[s]+10 to Rage

//==== kid_laura
The quiet girl with a real flair for magic.
[s]+10% to Mana

//==== kid_neiron
An extremely handsome and gifted boy.
[s]+5% to Experience in combat

//==== kid_richard
A sturdy and very fussy child. He is your commanders' favorite, and they give him much attention.
[s]+5% to Leadership

//==== kid_robert
A precocious child, sure to be a good commander when he grows up!
[s]+5% to Leadership

//==== kid_serg
Obviously, this boy was born under a lucky star, which protects him from miseries.
[s]+20% to Defense

kennec
09-30-2008, 01:21 AM
very nice post about wifes and kids.

i have frog girl as woman and have 4 kids

+10 mana
+10%mp
+4 scroll spots in book
+5% xp

they are okey, but with powrfull artifacts in endgame she will prolly suck. artifacts that give +3-6 and leadership bonuses are way better then those i got.

Antiga
09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
It's funny, I had the exact same children. I just divorced the frog lady though... I wanted to cook her in her frog form, but it took too long so I just left her, for the Elven princess. Now instead I am probably only going to have 1, maybe 2 kids. A single artifact of mine gives +3 int +10 mana so thats the wife+best kid bonus in one... It's a win win situation.

I wonder which wife gets the uberkids? +10% leadership, +20% defence/attack/int, +30% mana... *drool*

dionisus1122
09-30-2008, 05:13 PM

Same for me.

Suporex
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
rhomboidspace thank you for that I was looking for such a info

now if you caould find same info about items it would be awsome.

What I mean the items stats after upgrade cause fighting each time to see if it is worth it is a bugger

Antiga
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Most items simply add their initial stat each time it's upgraded. For example the officer's baton gives 250 leadership. 500 after 1 upgrade, 750 after 2 ups. I assume 1000 and perhaps some other bonus on the 4th upgrade(Haven't got it yet). But this counts for every item i've upgraded so far. +5 mana ring to +10, to +15. +10 mana +10% magic restistance belt.. to +20 and then to +30 for each at 3rd and final upgrade. The keepers are usually a bit inbalanced strong though, only being able to defeat them when the bonus is rather insignificant in comparison to your current strength.

Munch10
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Hmmm... I've got the frog wife too, but I have a different set of kids. I think I have +5% exp, +5 def, and +20% def (can't remember 4th). I'm playing a paladin, so this seems to fit with that style. Perhaps you have mages and so you get the same set of kids.

Of course, it could also all be random. :)

-Munch

Antiga
10-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Actually, I got a knight. That +5 and +20% def is freaking sweet... I'd even get used to the ugly dwarf if I had to for those bonuses. =)

Now I got my elfen wife, but I think she's bugged. I've been trying to have babies with this woman for a while now but it doesn't matter how hard I try.. Nothing comes out ;)

Thing is I can ask her to make kids again, each time i've had a battle or something.

One thing i'd really like to know is which wife's have what equipment slots.

Elfen chick has 2 regalia, 1 regalia/belt, 1 artifact.

I'm looking for one with boots, helmet, armor and whatever for the 4th slot.. if possible at all =) So many good unused items right now.

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 05:20 AM
I am now using Xeona (from Heaven in Demonia).

I love that she provides 2 (!!!) weapons slots, 1 Boots (which i now have a kid in, Angelika for +10 Mana), and 1 belt/artifact.. I think I'll stick to her for the 2 weapons slots since those two alone did wonders for my attack level (+7 attack, +3 Intellect to be exact)

not to mention she wants to be your slave and gives you her castle.. and tells you to be strict with her!! she's naughty and i love it!

Elizabeta
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
How do I see what stats I would bring any hero who marry me? I think it would be -10% all income :) Oki, to see if your wife is bugged = easy! If she gots not period = don't get expectation to high on kids = BUGGED or to old.

Now, I wonder how the quest looks that activate me :rolleyes:

Kolorabi
10-01-2008, 05:48 PM
1 Boots (which i now have a kid in
Poor kid! :o
not to mention she wants to be your slave and gives you her castle.. and tells you to be strict with her!! she's naughty and i love it!
Hehe, sounds like I have to ditch Mirabella when I get to her... :)

Anyway, rhomboidspace, thanks for that great list.

Quikpik
10-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Can you have 2 wives?

chriscampo99
10-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Poor kid! :o

Hehe, sounds like I have to ditch Mirabella when I get to her... :)

Anyway, rhomboidspace, thanks for that great list.

LOL! Nice catch!

travcm
10-02-2008, 05:22 AM
how long after you choose to have a child does it take for the child to be born? Is it triggered by day/night time or battles?

At what point is the child bonus determined (can you save/load right before the child is born to get optimal bonuses?)?

spamm
10-02-2008, 05:59 AM
no you can't.

i think mage get commonly childs with mage bonuses, wariors - strength and rage bonuses.

no it is't.
For each wife there is a pool of children.
The children you get are just randomly selected out of a pool.

how long after you choose to have a child does it take for the child to be born? Is it triggered by day/night time or battles?

after 10 battles

At what point is the child bonus determined (can you save/load right before the child is born to get optimal bonuses?)?
only new game :)

Fate
10-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Wow, there are some really good babies out there. Unfortunately, the ones i got is not so good. 10mp and 4scrolls. Thats why i divorced the frog princess to marry the elven princess. For sure i won't be getting more babies in the future. The frog princess is pretty good though i think. With a helm, 2 artifacts and the last i forgot slot. In my game, I got some pretty good artifacts. I like the elven princess ability but her 2 regalia, 1 artifacts and 1 regalia/belt slot is not that useful.

I must say the demoness with 2 weapon slot is tempting indeed. But i don't think i will be using demons much. Plus i already lost 400k in the divorce settlement with the frog princess so i don't want to spend another 400k again.

LiveInABox
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
im still using the corpse wife...would of dumped her for the frog but the divorse costs are too high and im a warrior so can live without +3 int. doubt i will get mirabella either as i hardly use robbers and pirates.

is that the same for all items and artifacts that u can find and the bonus from alters (ie alter of combat either defence or attack)? its all pre determined as soon as u start a new game? It seems that way, ive reloaded a few times and its never changed. But it did change in the demo.

travcm
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM

So if I get a child I don't like and reload to before I even married the girl, then my first child will still be exactly the same? Even if I marry a different wife?

Antiga
10-03-2008, 02:04 AM
So if I get a child I don't like and reload to before I even married the girl, then my first child will still be exactly the same? Even if I marry a different wife?

Nope, as previously mentioned, each wife has their OWN pool of kids. Perhaps some are shared beteween wifes (Ti's Magic!).

The kids you get depend on the wife, if you were to reload and get a different wife, you'd get a different kid(Unless kids are indeed shared beteween wife's, then there's a chance to get the same kid...). However reloading and marrying the same wife, will give the same kid, even if you married another wife and had kids with her in beteween.

The randomness is a flaw at times, I like to be certain about stuff, and if something isn't the way I like it.. I reload and fix it.. This game simply doesn't allow that, which is really too bad.

travcm
10-03-2008, 03:14 AM
is there a list of the kids possible per wife? I tried the frog girl in human form and ended up w/ the +8 scroll kid, which is just terrible.

kennec
10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
is there a list of the kids possible per wife? I tried the frog girl in human form and ended up w/ the +8 scroll kid, which is just terrible.

look page 3 in this thread

travcm
10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
look page 3 in this thread

Yeah, that's the list of possible kids which I already knew about; I'm wondering if someone has compiled a list of possible kids per wife, since each wife is limited to a pool of the possible children.

For example, "Mirabella can have Elly, Gendalf, Googlik, Anna, etc,...". There are 20 children, but the list for each wife might only be 8 or 10.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, that's the list of possible kids which I already knew about; I'm wondering if someone has compiled a list of possible kids per wife, since each wife is limited to a pool of the possible children.

For example, "Mirabella can have Elly, Gendalf, Googlik, Anna, etc,...". There are 20 children, but the list for each wife might only be 8 or 10.

In the Rus Manual 1.6.5 it's there all - if you can read russian - you are sorted, if not, you are owned (link to the PDF manual is plenty times on this forum, so try to increase your search skills)

travcm
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
In the Rus Manual 1.6.5 it's there all - if you can read russian - you are sorted, if not, you are owned (link to the PDF manual is plenty times on this forum, so try to increase your search skills)

Thanks, but I already have the manual and don't need help on searching. Try to cut down on presumptions.

I don't speak Russian and couldn't figure out a way to translate it, so I didn't look at the manual thoroughly. Regardless, I see now that you don't really need to speak Russian to match the children up with the wives.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks, but I already have the manual and don't need help on searching. Try to cut down on presumptions.

I don't speak Russian and couldn't figure out a way to translate it, so I didn't look at the manual thoroughly. Regardless, I see now that you don't really need to speak Russian to match the children up with the wives.

It wasnt' presumption that you can't search, it was pure fact that I am lazy to copy/paste the link :rolleyes:

and yep- you got it right, even if we less fortunate can't 100% understand what is in the manual, we still can find what is useful for us (Y)

bugmenot
10-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Is there any way to get back a divorced wife?

Since I'm a mage I've divorced the zombie wife, and am currently happy with the frog princess (+3 intellect), but I'd like to use the Elf wife (+1 morale with elves) when in elvish lands, and the Dwarf wife (+1 morale with dwarves) when in Dwarfish lands.

I change my equipment and troops depending on where I am, is it possible to change wives too?

I'd still like to use the Frog Princess when using mixed troops, and when exploring the Dwarfish lands (until I find the dwarf wife).

If you divorce a wife can you get back with her again?
________
marijuana card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Kosiciel
10-05-2008, 03:05 PM
No, divorced wives disappear forever. What a pity...

I got a bit lucky with frog princess, beacuse all my kids are mage-related: +30% mana, +20% INT, +10 mana and +10% mana (well, last one isn't that good). I wish I had only 3, though.

Antiga
10-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Lucky you =) I'd keep that wife with you. the +30% mana and +20% int are the best babies a mage can have.

DaviddesJ
10-05-2008, 10:26 PM
The frog woman won't talk to me now. Does that mean I gave the wrong answers and lost the chance to get her as wife?

laffwis
10-06-2008, 01:13 AM
The frog woman won't talk to me now. Does that mean I gave the wrong answers and lost the chance to get her as wife?

you have to go to arlania first and talk to the guy in the castle (forgot his name). he gives you a quest and after that you can talk to the frog. :)

DaviddesJ
10-06-2008, 02:15 AM
you have to go to arlania first and talk to the guy in the castle (forgot his name). he gives you a quest and after that you can talk to the frog. :)

Just to be clear, I already got the quest, went and got the frog, brought her back to the castle, completed the quest. Now she is in the castle but she won't talk to me. Does that mean I missed the opportunity to get her as a wife?

Antiga
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Just to be clear, I already got the quest, went and got the frog, brought her back to the castle, completed the quest. Now she is in the castle but she won't talk to me. Does that mean I missed the opportunity to get her as a wife?

Yep. Try to load a game from before talking to the frog. This time read the dialogue(I know it's hard with the often bad english, I never read it myself), and help the frog instead of the original quest giver.

Edit: To be more clear, first get the quest in the castle, then help the frog.

DaviddesJ
10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Yep. Try to load a game from before talking to the frog. This time read the dialogue(I know it's hard with the often bad english, I never read it myself), and help the frog instead of the original quest giver.

Too late for that now, I'm not going to go back that far. Maybe I'll get it right if I replay the game on "impossible" difficulty.

Namel
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I used bable fish to translate wife item slots from russian manual. Here is the list:

Zombie
-Armor Boots Belt Artifact
Frog
-Helm Belt/Artifact Artifact Artifact
Pirate
-Weapon Boots Belt Regalia
Dwarf
-Shield?/Regalia Armor Boot Regalia
Elf
-Regalia Regalia Belt/Regalia Artifact
Demon
-Weapon Boots Weapon Belt/Artifact

I hope I didn't make any mistakes. Can someone confirm that dwarf wife has shield slot? Babel fish translated word as "panel" and I guessed it meant shield.

Xelian
10-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Shiled/regalia Armor boot and Regalia for the Dwarf Woman

LiveInABox
10-08-2008, 02:21 PM
do the items add up? i know this has probs been asked before..so if i had a "well of mana belt" on me and on my wife would it be +6 mana a turn opposed to plus 3? I'm still with the zombie wife..

Xelian
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes. Same items on you and your wife give bonuses.

Antiga
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Bonuses are applied at the same time though, so if an item gives +20% attack, having 2 of those will give +40%, not +20% and then another +20% over the previous 20%. (Else it would give +44% in total.)

Xelian
10-11-2008, 11:19 PM
All right. I have a trouble with my wife. I married Neoka. Then i asked her about a baby. I had to ask the Tree of Life. It agreed. I "Kissed my wife" the stupid game said that i'll just have to wait for the wonder. I've made like 40 battles after that and still no baby. Is there something wrong with Neoka? Or the info i had about 10 battles after i ask the wife for a baby is wrong?

jake21
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
All right. I have a trouble with my wife. I married Neoka. Then i asked her about a baby. I had to ask the Tree of Life. It agreed. I "Kissed my wife" the stupid game said that i'll just have to wait for the wonder. I've made like 40 battles after that and still no baby. Is there something wrong with Neoka? Or the info i had about 10 battles after i ask the wife for a baby is wrong?

This is a bug in pre 1.6.4 versions. If you have the atari version (16b7) then it has this bug. Atari is said to have a patch now for several weeks but refuse to release it.

Xelian
10-12-2008, 09:28 AM
This is a bug in pre 1.6.4 versions. If you have the atari version (16b7) then it has this bug. Atari is said to have a patch now for several weeks but refuse to release it.

Crap...

Hazimel
10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Playing as a mage, I married the frog princess for the +3 Intellect bonus.

She forced me to have kids (otherwise she turns back to frog ) , and I got Neiron (+5% xp per combat) , the second son gave me +10 rage, and the third +5 defense.
These bonus would have been nice for a Warrior, but as a mage, they are not so great, so I divorced the frog early, to minimize the loss of gold..

Next wife will be probably the demon wife, but I will not give her any child so that I can choose my weapons :-)

Kosiciel
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah, as a mage I was also married with Feanora, but I needed more Intellect... So I conquered castle in Demonis and took Xeona as a wife, now she has two Archmage's Staves +5 INT each, artefact skull with +5 ATT&INT and kid +5 INT. Also I've found this Necklace of Flame or sth, +30% more power to fire spells in her castle. With my Crystal Helemt +20% power to damage spells, I totally own :)

LiveInABox
10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I plan on finally dropping the chatty zombie wife for the demoness as soon a i meet her..

Yaster
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
The worst wife is no wife so there is no reason to divorce if don't have other options available. And if you want minimize the costs learn the trade. It is not like you will need those mind runes anyway.

bugmenot
10-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Playing as a mage, I married the frog princess for the +3 Intellect bonus.

She forced me to have kids (otherwise she turns back to frog ) , and I got Neiron (+5% xp per combat) , the second son gave me +10 rage, and the third +5 defense.

Not quite.

I too married the frog princess (also playing as a mage), every so often (30 battles?) she'll say she wants a child, and every dozen(?) battles she'll turn back to a frog.

Talk to the frog, you get the option to "Kiss the frog", doing that turns her back to a princess. She'll turn back to a frog in another dozen battles, but you can just repeat the process. No need to have kids with her.

I've had her since the swamp, and am currently in the dwarfish lands, she's probably turned into a frog 5 times, and is currently holding 4 items more useful than any kid.

On the plus side, as a frog she doubles the attack of snakes and spiders, last time she turned I ran back to the swamp, garrisoned my useful troops, bought a bunch of snakes and spiders, equipped my druid staff (+50% animal attack) and suppressed some items with the disposable troops.

That frog princess can be pretty handy....
________
Harley-Davidson FLSTC (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_FLSTC)

Namel
10-14-2008, 02:20 AM
You can prevent her turning to frog by clicking her portrait every 10 battles or so and then ending conversation. She only turns to frog if you don't talk to her at all. Of course if she turns to frog just kiss her and she is human again.

Antiga
10-14-2008, 06:23 AM
On the other hand, if you want the frog it's even easier. I've had her in frog form since around level 7. now level 21, but at least she doesn't croak asking for a kiss. I still use snakes as my main damage dealers.

Gaius315
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
While playing I made a list of the wives, their bonuses, and what children I got with them so I would know which ones I wanted second time through. The order is the order I encountered them in with the exception of Gerda who I didn't find out about until later. Here's the list thus far:

Rina
Zombie Girl
To get: On the quest to unzombify the miller, she has the ring you need and Rotten Hake asks you to return once you know how to remove the curse. Once finished with the quest and you return, Rotten Hake decides to keep her a zombie for now because she took an arrow for him and saved his life. You can then tell Hake that you need a wife like that and he'll sell her to you.
Equipment Slots:
Armor
Boots
Belt
Artifact
Mortal Rina - +1 Speed and Initiative of Pirates and Robbers
Zombie Rina - +1 Speed and Initiative of Undead
Children
1 - Unknown
2 - Unknown
3 - Unknown
4 - Unknown
Note: I didn't note the children's bonuses before I dumped her.

Feanora
The Frog Princess
To get: During the quest from Arlania where Earl Argus asks you to bring him another frog to turn into a princess, Feanora is the only frog left in Marshan Swamp. You talk him into finding another love and freeing the other frogs he has (Feanora's sisters) and she is grateful and willing to marry you.
Equipment Slots:
Helmet
Belt/Artifact
Artifact
Artifact
Human Feanora - +3 Intellect
Frog Feanora - +100% Attack to Snakes and Spiders
Children
1 - John - +10 to Rage
2 - Nelron - +5% Experience from Combat
3 - Ambrella - +4 Scroll Slots in Spell Book
4 - Gabriel - +5 Defense

Mirabella
The Pirate Mistress
To get: You must kill James and the Kraken, then she will marry you.
Equipment Slots:
Weapon
Boots
Belt
Regalia
Feature - +100% Attack to Pirates and Robbers
Children
1 - Unknown
2 - Unknown
3 - Unknown
4 - Unknown
Note: My game crashes every time I try to marry her. A problem many seem to be having.

Gerda
The Dwarven Maiden
To get: You can marry her after you rescue her for Tadum Reg
Equipment Slots:
Shield/Regalia
Boots
Armor
Regalia
Feature - +1 to Morale of Dwarves
Children
1 - Unknown
2 - Unknown
3 - Unknown
4 - Unknown
Note: I never even knew you could marry her first time through. Never wanted to.

Xeona
The Demoness
Location: Castle Nexy in Demonis (In Kordar once you get to Taron Mines, you go through Underground Sea into Demonis.)
To get: Siege Castle Nexy and win. She will be impressed and is willing to marry you. (Note: You can either do this your first time in Kordar (Before going to Ellinia) or your second time through when you have to kill Baal and return to Castle Nexy for the key to Haas' Labyrinth.)
Equipment Slots:
Weapon
Boots
Weapon
Belt/Artifact
Feature - +1 to Morale of Demons
Children
1 - Angelika - +10 to Mana
2 - Adamus - +20% to Attack
3 - Homer - +3 to Attack
4 - John - +10 to Rage

Neoka
The Elven Princess
To get: After killing the monsters and saving Castle Orinoko, speak with Princess Neoka and she will express interest in you. Then ask her father for permission to marry her. He'll tell you to ask the Tree of Life or Queen Violetta for permission. Since the Queen is tweaked out right now, go help the Tree of Life by killing the orcs that are attacking his roots. Return to Orinoko and Neoka's father will give you his blessing and viola!
Equipment Slots:
Regalia
Regalia
Belt/Regalia
Artifact
Feature - +1 to Morale of Elves
Children
1 - Unknown
2 - Unknown
3 - Unknown
4 - Unknown

Personal Preferences:
1 - Xeona - My favorite because I tend to use mostly demons late in the game due to their high attack, good balance, and ability to summon other demons. She also has 2 weapon slots, which is nice.
2 - Feanora - Used her from early in the game until I got Xeona. Very handy for the +3 Int and 3 Artifact slots.
3 - Rina (Zombie) - Rina is handy because she is versatile with her ability to switch between live and undead whenever you want. Plus Speed and Initiative are nice, especially since I used undead a lot until I got to Demonis.
4 - Neoka - Handy if you use elves. I usually use Hunters but that's about it, so I stuck with Xeona. Neoka does, however, have 3 Regalia slots which can be very handy, especially for extra leadership for mages.
5 - Mirabella - She doesn't really have anything special to offer and I NEVER used any Pirates or Robbers. Not to mention, you can use Rina for that AND be able to switch her to undead whenever you like.
6 - Gerda - Although I missed her, looking at her stats I really don't regret it. I don't use Dwarves and she really has nothing else to offer. Not to mention she's the only wife you can get that is utterly fugly.

My Armies:
Most of you probably don't care, but I'm listing a few of my most common army compositions as that has a lot to do with the wife to use:

Early - Rina
I used pretty much whatever I could get, but mostly used:
Bears/Ancient Bears
Priests
Swordsmen
Bowmen
Whatever other unit had best all-around stats at the time. Usually undead.

After Swamp - Feonora
Inquisitors
Swordsmen
Priests
Bowmen
Ancient Bears/Horsemen/Guardsmen/Knights (Whatever I could find and get a FULL troop of, which is difficult for a while with Horsemen, Guardsmen and Knights.)

After Islands - Feonora
Shaman
Inquisitors
Swordsmen/Guardsmen/Knights/Horsemen
Priests/Archmages
Bowmen

Kordar - Feonora
Shaman
Inquisitors
Giants
Priests
Bowmen