PDA

View Full Version : US/EU patch, translation errors, 1C Store pricing

nmi576
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Hello guys,

I have three questions before I venture out to buy the game (digitally, as there is no Collector's Edition for European customers). Those of you who already own the game can probably answer the first two without too much difficulty.

1) US/EU patch
The russian version is currently at 1.64 if I'm not mistaken. What about the US/EU game? Is that v1.00 at the moment or has it been already patched to v1.64 prior to the release?

2) translation errors
I found these in the European demo. Not that I speak Russian but some things I read in the tooltips weren't just right. For example, the Dragonfly's (or Serpent Fly? Can't remember the name, sorry) skill, Weaken(?) had a tooltip belonging to a different skill. Also, two of the first skills the Magi (I mean the hero) were able to learn had the same tooltip but the effects were not the same. And so on.
Have these been corrected since the demo?

3 1C Store pricing
Just want to know whether I should buy the game from Atari's US Store or wait for 1C to include this game in their list of purchasable digital downloads. Do we get an EU price (~30 pounds as it is at GamersGate) or one closer to the US (~20 pounds at Atari US Store).

Thank you for your time!

Krynnit
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
1) Dev's say it 1.6.x - this version have perfect gameplay balance and many bug fixes

Zhuangzi
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
1. The game is patched to 1.64 :grin:

2. There are minor translation issues but nothing really important (IMO)

3. I recommend Gamersgate. They charge $40 US. People have been having problems with their serial numbers from the Atari download, and you might be waiting months for 1C to get their act together. So go with Gamersgate if you can afford it.

Hope that helped. :cool:

Nike-it
09-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't have info about pricing at 1C buy & download section yet. Right now I'll recommend GemersGate, espessialy if you live in Europe.

nmi576
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I appreciate all the answers, guys! Nice to know that the game comes pre-patched. As for the translation, I suppose someone will take the time to correct the major ones (either in a patch or mod).
Okay, I'll take a look at GamersGate's webshop although I don't like the idea of paying 50% more for the same files. Reliability has its own price I guess http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon11.gif

Kunstner
09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
So Nike-IT - any official date of when it will be released in Europe ? is it in October or is there any news on this

Nike-it
09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
So Nike-IT - any official date of when it will be released in Europe ? is it in October or is there any news on this

Don't know yet, but most likely second part of October. Also it's not official, so don't blame me if smth.;)

pkt-zer0
09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
2) translation errors
I found these in the European demo. Not that I speak Russian but some things I read in the tooltips weren't just right. For example, the Dragonfly's (or Serpent Fly? Can't remember the name, sorry) skill, Weaken(?) had a tooltip belonging to a different skill. Also, two of the first skills the Magi (I mean the hero) were able to learn had the same tooltip but the effects were not the same. And so on.
I only took a quick look at the files, but it seems you'd simply have to reorder the skill names or modify a couple of string mappings to fix things. Pretty easily done.

cocorulverde
09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
3. I recommend Gamersgate. They charge $40 US.

And 40 euros for the EU customers... :(

Zhuangzi
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Have you tried Hotspot Shield? :grin:

PaKnight
09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Question : Went with the Atari d/l on first day it was out. Have no problems with activation but notice Ver. num dont seem to be the same as what am reading. In game tells me am running 1.6b7(32746) is there a patch to get this to 1.64?

bman654
09-26-2008, 04:20 AM
I got mine from gamers gate on day of release. Main menu says v1.64 (Build 34,387). Sounds like Atari did not have latest version on their download. Maybe try downloading it again.

jake21
09-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I got mine from gamers gate on day of release. Main menu says v1.64 (Build 34,387). Sounds like Atari did not have latest version on their download. Maybe try downloading it again.

The version that comes on disk is also 1.6b7(32746) so won't be able to update that via 'downloading again' :(

homunculus88
09-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Well, then there should be a patch, to bring it to the latest build. Can any of the moderators comment on the different versions?

pogs99
09-28-2008, 06:37 AM
:confused:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE HELP ME! i just bought the game today and i'm having trouble starting the program. always get an error message unknown r_path'ps20' i've updated drivers and everything even went to the russian kings bounty forum to seek help. apparently it was a problem with the russian version but they said they have included the latest patch with the american/english version. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!??

system

pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
3gb ram
Ati radeon 9000 series
latest windows xp service pack (svc pack 3)
updated every drivers (video, dvd, sound, windows xp)