PDA

View Full Version : Reviews

spamm
09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
GameSpy Review (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battle-lord/912879p1.html) = GREAT! 4.5

Zhuangzi
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Mods, can we have a sticky for reviews? This forum is getting a bit messy with all the traffic at the moment. I'm assuming that if Gamespy are reviewing it then we can look forward to plenty more. I hope Game Revolution review it. :cool:

homunculus88
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Yep, sticky is a good idea.

Imperial Dane
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice review.. although i find it odd that they claim the english is horrid, in my eyes it is far from it.. quite good in fact.. but i dunno, i suppose they had to make up something to fault it for to prevent a perfect score :P

Zhuangzi
09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Imperial Dane - are you getting this soon or what? I kinda feel guilty that I'm about to start playing when I know you're a huge fan of the demo like me. :-P

I haven't noticed a real problem with the dialogue either, and I'm a high school English teacher. :) This is an excellent review. This game will do really well once people realise how much fun it is.

pkt-zer0
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
While the game has already been on store shelves in Russia for several months, publishers Atari and 1C made a point of trying to make sure that the game got a good translation for the English-speaking market. The grammatically challenged, typo-ridden and poorly written game text doesn't seem to have benefited from the extra effort (although we question how much good stuff there was to work with in the first place).
This is what I had feared. It's good that rest of the game gets the appreciation it deserves. Hopefully this latter trend continues.

Imperial Dane
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
@Zhuangzhi: Yeah i've gotten a digital copy for now, but when the boxed version comes.. i'm gonna get that as well :D

@Pkt-zero: I would say that comment from gamespy is rather erroneus as things are far from that bad, yeah they will be there, but not at that level and i suspect they are just exaggerating it to prevent the game from getting a perfect score ;)

Kunstner
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Dane,

Where did you end up getting it from ? Am also in DK and really want to get it but have never used digital copies before

Thanks

pkt-zer0
09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
@Pkt-zero: I would say that comment from gamespy is rather erroneus as things are far from that bad, yeah they will be there, but not at that level and i suspect they are just exaggerating it to prevent the game from getting a perfect score ;)
For the first point, the demo suggests otherwise, so unless the text for the full game has been rewritten, it seems accurate. For the second point, I can see why they'd deliberately give the game a lower score than to huge, overhyped titles, but scores don't mean much, at least to me.

Fargol
09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Nice review.. although i find it odd that they claim the english is horrid, in my eyes it is far from it.. quite good in fact.. but i dunno, i suppose they had to make up something to fault it for to prevent a perfect score :P

I do find some of the dialogue sounds a little awkward at times, but far from horrid.

LiveInABox
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
theres loads of grammar mistakes in the demo but nothing major and i wasnt expecting a good story.

i agree the game needs a combat auto resolve as well..it is annoying having to fight a bunch of flowers that just wastes time and can see that being much worse in the full game.

great score though, gamespy usually are quite harsh on reviews compared to like ign and gamespot.

pkt-zer0
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
i agree the game needs a combat auto resolve as well..it is annoying having to fight a bunch of flowers that just wastes time and can see that being much worse in the full game.
From what I managed to glean from the Russian mod list topic using Google Translate, there's a mod that makes enemies listed as "slightly weaker" and below neutral, so they won't attack you. An auto-resolve would still come in handy, though.

Alto
09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Dane,

Where did you end up getting it from ? Am also in DK and really want to get it but have never used digital copies before

Thanks
You could try Gamers Gate - Log in ( create an account ) - purchace - d/l the GG's downloader - start to download ( it's fast, atleast it was for me - 30 min total ) - unpack/install and there ya go :)

sinava
09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

yeah , this is my biggest gripe with the game ... auto resolve feature is very handy.

I never had any major problems with text quality and i also thought it was pretty funny from time to time. My only minor concern with the that was that it seemed ... what to say .... a bit simple

Imperial Dane
09-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Dane,

Thanks

Or if Atari has gotten theirs fixed you could try there, will be cheaper as well ;)

It's basically the same as ordering a game online, except you download the game as soon as your are done ordering.

Anatoly
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
You can go to GamersGate from any part of the world and download the game. Atari's online store should have fixed the problems as well, we also plan to add the game to our online store soon. And finally the game should be in retail soon, at least in North America. In Europe this should happen in October.

Daystar
09-24-2008, 04:26 PM
If enemies are weak enough, do they run away? Cause that would be cool.

Anatoly
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
If enemies are weak enough, do they run away? Cause that would be cool.

While playing the game I didn't come across situations like that. Some were standing still and not attacking me though. But I was playing an old build without all the latest patches installed and these have significantly changed the balance and game mechanics for the better.

sinava
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
another review : http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/39-pc/1416.html - 8.8

Once again the translation issue and story are the only major issue

King's Bounty is a fully fledged RPG experience with highly executed strategy elements to boot. It is very similar to the Heroes of Might & Magic series (because both series were created by the same developer and mastermind) but it separates itself by providing real time movement and deeper character building. Visuals and Sound are top notch and well surpass the problems with story development and translation issues. Overall, the game is a great addition to the world of PC strategy gaming and succeeds in being a great remake of an 18 year old game.
Gameplay King's Bounty offers a large amount of strategy/RPG gameplay from turn based battles to complete character customization. Its mechanics are very similar to those of the Heroes of Might & Magic series but always in good ways.

Presentation :The game's visuals are both beautiful and manageable for most any mid-range video card. The soundtrack provides a plethora of epic music but there is little voice acting. Also, the story is not very developed and there are key translation issues.

Value :At $39.99, King's bounty provides an expansive amount of gameplay and replay value to be worth this reasonable pricetag. The inability to have multiplayer is the only problem (Heroes has a similar format as well as an unparalleled multiplayer experience)

Fun Factor : I enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Tilt :This is a great game. It is worthy of being a remake to the original game and succeeds in separating itself enough while also having the right parallels to Heroes of Might & Magic to create a great game.

hawker
09-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Another review: http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/2374/Kings_Bounty__The_Legend_Review.html

The reviewer doesn't seem to understand how autosave works (every time when visiting a major castle), but other than that he doesn't have much bad to say. Good job devs! :)

sinava
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Another review: http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/2374/Kings_Bounty__The_Legend_Review.html

The reviewer doesn't seem to understand how autosave works (every time when visiting a major castle), but other than that he doesn't have much bad to say. Good job devs! :)
Nice !!!

BurningCold
09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Ughh im broke as of now so i cant get the game :( But im glad of all the reviews being so positive, cant wait to get the full game...

Zhuangzi
09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Um, the gamingshogun guys needs to learn what Quicksave is. Before battle, press F5. OK, issue resolved. :rolleyes:

One more review and the game will have a Metacritic rating. If anyone isn't familiar with Metacritic, it basically collects all reviews and averages out the scores to give an overall rating. At the moment, KB:TL has three reviews in English but the third one doesn't have an actual score. Metacritic will decide what score they think gamingshogun intended to give it. Let's say they decide the score should be 8.0 (could be higher). Add that to the 9.0 from Gamespy and the 8.8 from Digital Chumps (what a name - never heard of them) and you get a Metacritic average of 8.6 This is an excellent score and will boost sales no doubt.

The Digital Chumps and Gamingshogun reviews aren't on Metacritic yet. I wonder if they rely on gamers submitting them? Probably the publishers would inform them, I suppose. :confused:

Anyway, if I was to rate KB:TL after about 10 hours gameplay I would give it something like 92% The ONLY criticism I can come up with currently is that the translation isn't perfect and the storyline is generic. That's it. :cool:

spamm
09-26-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/l...reviewid=967309 (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=967309)

SoulDrinker
09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Our local Belgian magazine gave King's Bounty - The Legend a score of 85 (which is high for their standards!!!)

Pro's : Fantastic combat, good dialogs, nice & interesting world
Con's : First impression is 'weak' (dont agree with that one), no multiplayer or skirmisch (not required for an adventure/RTS imho)

Final verdict:
a juwel that can be very addictive. Fans know what to do :)

I like the fact that they don't turn down the dialogs (translations) in this review, instead they even like them. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that we're quite multilingual in Belgium but this also states that other reviews might be wrong about the translations (which are in my opinion very good).

I'll not type the whole review here as that would be against the law here. But at least you know what they feel about the game.

Imperial Dane
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I think it might have something to do with that.. well that and just being pedantic methinks :P I mean i've not have any real gripes with the dialogues, sure there is some bad grammar here and there, but nothing that damages the impression of the game.

But it's nice to see all the good reviews out there :D

LiveInABox
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
gotta admit i am surprised there is no skirmish. isnt there always a skirmish mode in these type of games?

MurzuX
09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
gotta admit i am surprised there is no skirmish. isnt there always a skirmish mode in these type of games?

Skirmish/custom -mode in rpg/adventure game? There was custom game in Disciples, but it pretty much sucked even with alot simplier rpg elements than KB. These games are so much about exploring/leveling/building up an army, that HoMM-style custom/random maps are not suitable for these. Custom scripted scenarios with a story line might work, but there's already a big main campaign with a loads of replayability.

hawker
10-01-2008, 06:17 AM
IGN's review is up (http://pc.ign.com/articles/914/914943p1.html) - 8.1/10

sinava
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
IGN's review is up (http://pc.ign.com/articles/914/914943p1.html) - 8.1/10
that review was pretty lame ..... and i don't know how he expected it to be like might and magic games, rather than being like the heroes game. Also i get the idea the reviewer doesn't plays a lot of rpgs or tbs.

I mean look at the stuff written "After you win a battle, you may be dismayed to know that your dead troops don't come back to life"

Imperial Dane
10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
It's IGN.. they don't know good gaming journalism even if it was given to them.. expect something stupid and half arsed from them and from gamespot.

pkt-zer0
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
and i don't know how he expected it to be like might and magic games, rather than being like the heroes game.
I have the feeling that he actually did mean HoMM by that "Might and Magic" reference. Just consider the rest of the article - "hex grids" in the M&Ms? I don't think so.

I mean look at the stuff written "After you win a battle, you may be dismayed to know that your dead troops don't come back to life"
That was good for a laugh. Though it's a bit scary, actually. Some do mistake these people for professional journalists.

I don't get how he manages to consistently call the game an RPG, either. And compare it to Diablo, of all things. That might be because almost anything that uses gameplay mechanics not among those wildly popular nowadays scares and confuses these people, so you end up with strategy games labeled an RPG because they have character advancement. *sigh*

The "normal" default difficulty may overwhelm even the most seasoned RPG gamer.
What the heck. The "RPG" nonsense aside, from all accounts I gather that Hard mode is a good challenge for the seasoned strategy gamer, but nowhere near impossible.

After several hours into the game, I realized that I could set points and take notes on the map.
I would say "read the bloody manual", but even if the manual is worthless, there are tooltips that let you know about this functionality.

On the visual front, King's Bounty's graphics engine is not going to impress anyone. Models are low in polygons and look outdated. The art direction isn't anything special either.
Generic fantasy? Yes. Superbly executed at that, though, and I feel it fits the more light-hearted nature of the game. Sure, I certainly wouldn't have minded if they took a more serious route instead, but what they've set out to do, they've done very well.

sinava
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I have the feeling that he actually did mean HoMM by that "Might and Magic" reference. Just consider the rest of the article - "hex grids" in the M&Ms? I don't think so.

yeah but he was surprised the over the top view of the games wan't he ? I though he was expecting a first person mdoe like migh and magic games

I would say "read the bloody manual", but even if the manual is worthless, there are tooltips that let you know about this functionality.

yeah, and it really doesn't takes a genius to figure these things out. Probably another gamer used to lots of spoon feeding :-P

Generic fantasy? Yes. Superbly executed at that, though, and I feel it fits the more light-hearted nature of the game. Sure, I certainly wouldn't have minded if they took a more serious route instead, but what they've set out to do, they've done very well.
I think many of the things wree on purpsose and done to make fun of the cliches in fanatasy genres. still amny things were knew like living items etc

sinava
10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't get how he manages to consistently call the game an RPG, either. And compare it to Diablo, of all things. That might be because almost anything that uses gameplay mechanics not among those wildly popular nowadays scares and confuses these people, so you end up with strategy games labeled an RPG because they have character advancement. *sigh*

What the heck. The "RPG" nonsense aside, from all accounts I gather that Hard mode is a good challenge for the seasoned strategy gamer, but nowhere near impossible.

Yes i was surprised he said that this game should be only played by hardcore rpg gamers at normal and above difficulty, as if all rpgs have this kind of combat.
Comparison to diablo must be because both are over the top isometric games. jeeez reviewers these days :evil:

Sleeping Sun
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh my God, who is the reviewer? Burn in hell:)

Imperial Dane
10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
No one in particular.. just another one among many.. many that are not good.. sad but true..

Sleeping Sun
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
No one in particular.. just another one among many.. many that are not good.. sad but true..

I guess no one checks their 'reviews' as well. Disappointing because many people will rely on the opinion of some newbie gamer that played the game for 5 minutes on easy, lost to everyone and started reviewing it:evil:

LiveInABox
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I dont even think of it as an RPG, more like a strategy game. I kinda agree with him on the maps and the quests...it can turn into a memory thing sometimes, and the story and production values are definitely nowhere near Blizzard quality but what is.

After you win a battle, you may be dismayed to know that your dead troops don't come back to life.

wtf?!?:lol: would suck if they did come back to life..

It's like trying to buy milk from the local grocery store, except that they're all out.

:| also a plus in my book.

when you utilize the right mouse button, which lets you gauge the strength of an opposing force and allows you to check out how strong classes are within shops. However, the tutorial never introduces you to this functionality. If I didn't tinker around with the controls, I might not have found out about this much-needed function.

jesus christ!!! wonder how long he spent tinkering to figure that one out..

While there are a wide variety of creature types, the art direction is nothing you haven't seen before; however, I did really like the game's strong use of bright colors. Everything looks rich, varied, and radiant. There are also some decent particle effects represented through spell casting.

surely that IS the art direction? :confused:

Zhuangzi
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, it was a crappy review all right, but it's not the end of the world - he still gave it 81% even though he/she has no f*cking idea. :rolleyes:

I especially liked the bit about the game being too hard on medium, because you can't win every fight you see on the map at level 4. :eek:

Someone should tell Metacritic about the other two reviews - the Gaming Retards or whatever it was and the other one. Four reviews is enough for a Metacritic rating - probably around 85%.

pkt-zer0
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it was a crappy review all right, but it's not the end of the world - he still gave it 81% even though he/she has no f*cking idea.
It's not the end of the world, but when you put things in context, namely, review scores ranging from 50-100% nowadays, it's not so good. On that scale, it's a 6/10, not much better than average. Even with all its flaws, I'd say the game is easily one of the best PC games recently released, and for that, it deserves better, should be a 90%+ game easily. But since it seems that "mainstream" gaming sites have some sort of hive mind, I fear it won't be getting reviews too different from 80% ones.

Maybe this just reminds me of the GameBanshee interview with a slightly depressed Kevin Saunders, the lead designer/producer of Mask of the Betrayer. Great game, but received similarly lukewarm reviews (even weirder that it was praised as vastly superior to the original NWN2 campaign, but got lower or similar scores anyway). Basically, if you make an excellent game, it doesn't need to be reviled, people simply just not caring too much for it is bad enough.

hawker
10-02-2008, 09:15 PM
StrategyInformer - 8.0
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/kingbounty/review.html

Kolorabi
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Not a review per se, but a nice post at Rock Paper Shotgun (a popular PC gaming site): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/10/02/kings-bounty-my-zombie-wife-the-belt-odoom/#more-3664

Edit: Wow, the commenters at Strategyinformer are.... sad.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I had a brief look at the Strategy Informer review, and at least the comments aren't as stupid as in the IGN review. He does actually make a good point about how you get very strong units in the tutorial and then peasants in the main game. It would have been nice for King's Bounty to have a better tutorial.

I know, a game where the player has to *learn* something for himself. :rolleyes:

The comment about not being able to run away from stronger enemies is retarded, though. I made running away from things my stock in trade for most of the game. :-P

pkt-zer0
10-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I really don't get the Diablo comparisons.

That's probably for the better.

LiveInABox
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
http://images.strategyinformer.com/screenshots/00264765.jpg

:eek: what is that?? is that one of deaths rage abilities??

bman654
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
that is a rather strange picture b/c there is no rage box.

Sleeping Sun
10-03-2008, 07:57 PM
http://images.strategyinformer.com/screenshots/00264765.jpg

:eek: what is that?? is that one of deaths rage abilities??

Yes, it's the fourth rage spirit, don't remember exactly, but i think it's his 'black hole' ability.

hawker
10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
GameZone.com - 8.2

http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32401.htm

Shega
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Another award for King's Bounty: The Legend =)
http://computertimes.com/KingsBounty.htm

hawker
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Out of Eight PC Game Reviews - 7/8

http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2008/10/kings-bounty-legend-review.html

hawker
10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Games32.com - 90%

http://www.games32.com/King-s-Bounty-The-Legend-(PC)-Reviews/p2000_articleid/845

Kolorabi
10-14-2008, 07:34 AM
There's yet another write-up at Rock Paper Shotgun. It's called "Still consumed by King's Bounty", and reflects the feelings of many of us here, I think. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/10/13/still-consumed-by-kings-bounty/

NelsMonsterX
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
There's yet another write-up at Rock Paper Shotgun. It's called "Still consumed by King's Bounty", and reflects the feelings of many of us here, I think. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/10/13/still-consumed-by-kings-bounty/

I read that. And did you notice this little mind blowing comment from that article:

"Diablo 3 is doubtless going to seem terribly drab by comparison."

If only they could've put that on the box cover!

Shega
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Another review:
http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/4245/king39s-bounty-the-legend-pc.html

Imperial Dane
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Well so far the reviews state what we already knew ;) But hopefully this will draw more in to the world of Endoria.

hawker
10-16-2008, 07:35 AM
There's no link to give, but the 1/10/2008 issue of the French-language magazine Canard PC (http://www.canardpc.com/) has a review of the game and from what I've heard, gave the game 8/10.

hawker
10-19-2008, 07:26 AM
GameKult.com - 7 (out of 10?) Well, they're pretty harsh with scores, with very few games scoring 8 or 9.

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000081079_test.html

hawker
10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
GamesWelt.de - 83%

http://www.gameswelt.de/articles/reviews/5332-Kings_Bounty_The_Legend/index.html

Zhuangzi
10-22-2008, 04:01 AM
hawker, someone should contact metacritic.com and get them to link to all the reviews. They only have links for 3 and they don't provide an average until there are 4 reviews. Well, there must have been about 7 or 8 English language reviews by now. I use Metacritic a lot in deciding whether to buy games, so this would be a worthwhile thing to do.

Kolorabi
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Gamer.no (review is in Norwegian): http://www.gamer.no/artikler/kings_bounty_the_legend/57248

Score is 9/10.

hawker
10-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Jeuxvideo.com - 16/20
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00009874-king-s-bounty-the-legend-test.htm

Shega
10-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Unigamesity, and its review with the score 4.5 out of 5:
http://www.unigamesity.com/kings-bounty-the-legend-pc-review/
"It brings players a perfect fantasy universe, it offers a huge campaign you’ll never get bored of, and it is simply mind melting. It’s been a long time since I was so happy to play a game and King’s Bounty proved to be the refreshing shower I needed: it is highly addictive, it is flawlessly done, it is a true candidate for the game of the year award!"

GreyBeard
10-29-2008, 05:40 AM
Just a mention if Gamespot whould ever get around to reviewing this great game I think many more people would buy it since they have alot of clout with their reviews.

Maybe Atari should put some muscle on them to review it.

GB

Shega
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
One more King's Bounty: The Legend review scoring 9.3 out of 10 on GameBanshee: www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/software/kingsbountythelegend1.php.

hawker
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
The biggest Finnish gaming magazine Pelit reviewed the game and gave it 89%

Nike-it
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Awesome Rating on GamesRadar.
King's Bounty recieved 9/10!!!
"While strategy skirmishes are its bread and butter, it’s far more interested in being an RPG, in offering absurdist vignettes within a huge, open high-fantasy world" – says the author.
Full review here (http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/kings-bounty-the-legend/review/kings-bounty-the-legend/a-20081106174842623085/g-20070423155849584076).

Nike-it
11-12-2008, 01:35 PM
King's Bounty: The Legend scored 8.5 out of 10 and received a "Very good" game award on Softpedia.com. "King's Bounty: The Legend is old school while also being innovative" – starts the author.
Full review here (http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/games/pc/King-039-s-Bounty-The-Legend-Review-Review-97639.shtml).

Shega
11-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Here come two more reviews:
http://www.gameindustry.com/review/item.asp?id=1018 (in English)
http://computergames.ro/ro/jocuri/viewitem/id/62/name/kings-bounty-the-legend/section/review.html (in Romanian).

Shega
11-17-2008, 05:23 AM
And here comes the English version of the review:
http://computergames.ro/en/games/viewitem/id/62/name/kings-bounty-the-legend/section/review.html

Shega
11-18-2008, 07:36 AM
9.1 out of 10 and Editors' Choice award on WorthPlaying:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57514

Roman
11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
King's Bounty: The Legend made it to GameSpy's Holiday Buyer's Guide: http://buyersguide.gamespy.com/2008/pc/7.html

Kolorabi
11-27-2008, 05:31 PM
There's a great review at Eurogamer, they give it 9/10. Read it here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=319560

Judging by the comments, there's a lot of people who didn't know about the game. I think that's PC-gamings biggest problem at the moment - there's a lot of great PC-titles around, but the press doesn't seem interested in covering them properly, so people get the impression it's all World of Warcraft and Football Manager and nothing more. I wish there was something to be done about this.

But I digress. Though the review at EG is falling off the front page alarmingly fast, it seems to have generated some extra interest. Which is good. :)

Nike-it
11-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Three more cool reviews from Germany.
On gamesmania.de King's Bounty scored 85%, got "sehr gut" rating and "Award of excellence".
Pcspielemagazin.de gave 90%!
Ingame.de - 86/100 "King's Bounty schnappt sich die Stärken von Heroes of Might & Magic und bringt weitere frische Elemente mit ein, fantastisch!"
Full reviews: gamesmania.de (http://www.gamesmania.de/pc/strategie/kings-bounty-the-legend/4651/gamespace/test/21907/), pcspielemagazin.de (http://www.pcspielemagazin.de/spieletest_anzeigen.php?id=17039) and ingame.de (http://www.ingame.de/content/c/85017/p/1).

Nike-it
11-28-2008, 08:16 AM
"Silver medal" to KB at Gaming Trend.
Final score: 87%!
"King's Bounty came out of nowhere and has secured a place as one of my favorite titles of the year on PC or console."
Full review: http://www.gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=1140

gamerboots
11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I wonder if they were playing the demo or the retail ?
heres my review - oh yeah, you have to turn the music off in the retail to keep it from crashing so often
I give it the all-american pig award for making consumers world wide pay $40+ just to be the beta testers for this great unfinished product Heres my review :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5496

Nike-it
12-05-2008, 07:32 AM
King’s Bounty: The Legend receives rating Great and scores 8.0 in the review recently published by Gamespot.

“Forget about looking at King's Bounty: The Legend as a sequel to an oldie-but-goodie and take it on its own merits. Anyone with the nostalgia gene who played the original might get a special thrill out of this sequel coming along almost 20 years later, but you don't need a connection to this classic to enjoy this impressive take on the traditional tactical RPG.” – summarizes the author.
You can find full review here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/kingsbountythelegend/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews).

Gatts
12-05-2008, 07:38 AM
King’s Bounty: The Legend receives rating Great and scores 8.0 in the review recently published by Gamespot.

“Forget about looking at King's Bounty: The Legend as a sequel to an oldie-but-goodie and take it on its own merits. Anyone with the nostalgia gene who played the original might get a special thrill out of this sequel coming along almost 20 years later, but you don't need a connection to this classic to enjoy this impressive take on the traditional tactical RPG.” – summarizes the author.
You can find full review here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/kingsbountythelegend/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews).

The Gamespot review is very positive [8/10], but look at this:
Critic review: 8.7/10
User Score: 9/10 [597 votes]

Also I am sad that in "The Good" is missing "Great Music/ audio theme" - this game totally deserves it IMHO (of course this is not critism against the reviewer)

Anyway... User Score says it all

ztorm
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
WSGF user report (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15067) :cool:
Not really a review of the game, but a technical look at how it fares in widescreen. And it does pretty well.

Al3xand3r
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi, GameCyte have reviewed the game:
http://www.gamecyte.com/review-kings-bounty-the-legend

They also had an anti-gift guide, and they mentioned that people should not buy Fallout 3, but instead King's Bounty (or The Witcher) if they want an RPG:
http://www.gamecyte.com/anti-gift-guide-200

Cheers.
Edit: If you don't want to read, it got 4.5/5 stars.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi, GameCyte have reviewed the game:
http://www.gamecyte.com/review-kings-bounty-the-legend

They also had an anti-gift guide, and they mentioned that people should not buy Fallout 3, but instead King's Bounty (or The Witcher) if they want an RPG:
http://www.gamecyte.com/anti-gift-guide-200

Cheers.
Edit: If you don't want to read, it got 4.5/5 stars.

I especially like this part of the review:
"Keeping in mind I purchased this myself, I think this is the highest praise one can give."

How I agree, how I just agree...

Shega
12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Escapist review:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5560-Review-King-s-Bounty-The-Legend
Saying: "There's certainly a meaty game with a unique flavor at its core once you've broken through the game's layers of incoherence and bewildering maze of content."

Ajven (Katauri)
12-13-2008, 07:53 AM
GameSpy:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battle-lord/937876p1.html?RSSwhen2008-12-11_171600&RSSid=937876

"This beautiful remake from Russia demonstrates how love for a classic and faith in your mechanics can create an unexpected gem."

"Katauri brought back a classic and updated it in ways that would make the folks at New World Computing proud, which is why it's in the running for some of our Game of the Year awards."

gamerboots
12-21-2008, 06:50 AM
well.....I repeat -> were they playing the demo or the retail ? do they even own a copy of the game they reviewed ? did the company give them a free retail cd to actually review the game in full or were they reviwing from the "demo version ? OFcourse you can continaully post on how good the game is after playing around with the demo , but this does not change the fact that the product that customers recieve on the cd is so full of bugs that is not worth the price tag you put on it and that it was pushed out the door before it was even finished. (or is it ? ) sometimes I wonder about whether they are done fixing it or not -
I love space rangers 2 , but I got my copy when eveything works and the product was for the most part finsihed - SHOUld the company fix all the bugs , and place CORRECT system requirements for the game on the downloads( I noticed that this is being fixed on some websites) , FIX the nonfunctional menus, FIX the game from crashing when music is enabled , FIX the other misc game play bugs , FIX the game from hardbooting pc's by making the graphics options functional in place of just looking functional , then it will be a game that will turn to GOLD in my eyes. Until then , I await the patch -

Kolorabi
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Gamerboots: Sorry, but to suggest they're reviewing a demo is just plain silly. Reviewers may sometimes get pre-release versions (that, if anything, have more problems than full versions), but never demos. As for the bugs, well, it's sad that you're having problems, but don't assume that's the case for everyone else. I've played the game for fifty odd hours, and I haven't experienced a single problem.

Gatts
12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
I strongly believe that gamerboots spoke about Space Rangers when talking about bugs - KB had the least bugs I ever seen. So he just couldn't refer to KB tL IMHO (not to mention that for both bugs I have experienced - Mirabella and Neoka, there was a solution already on the web, on this forum, and I had this game in the early beginning after release - bug with a solution is not a bug, it us just a feature that shows you how great is the support for this game)

and yes- even non-professional , non-commercial game reviewers have always full version, this is just a rule... like without electricity is not pc gaming... rule... dot (in in each case is from the review itself readable that they played the full version - like short describing locations or scenes that are not in demo)

WhiteFoxie
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
A dutch review:
Fragland.be: http://www.fragland.be/reviews/Kings-Bounty-The-Legend/1351/ (84%)

Bad points are the pathfinding, no balance, sometimes stretched and to much money for to little to buy.
Good points are the challenge (even on easy lol), a great mix between TBS and RPG and addicting.

About the challenge part, I don't think they knew (or know) that you can check the enemie's strenght with the right mouse button... :rolleyes: It is never mentioned and they never hint to it.

Glad I ordered the game for my christmas. ;)

Nike-it
12-26-2008, 05:52 AM
Rock, Paper, Shotgun included King's Bounty in the list of "12 Games for Christmas"
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/12/24/12-games-of-christmas-game-10/

Almightygnome
12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
King's Bounty grabbed the third place at "Games of the Year 2008" awards at Unigamesity, ahead of games like LittleBigPlanet or Metal Gear!
Edit: Link: http://www.unigamesity.com/games-of-the-year-2008/

it-ogo
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Silver “medal” on Cyberstratege 2008 best strategy games of the year
http://www.cyberstratege.com/magazine/2008/12/lauriers-2008-notre-verdict/

Zhuangzi
01-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Saw this over at RPGWatch:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=104&ref=0&id=164

Haven't read it yet but it looks pretty favourable. :-P

Nike-it
01-11-2009, 06:47 AM
King's Bounty scored 8.6/10 and "Very Good" rating in the review by Action Trip.
"There's a beautifully presented fantasy world just waiting to be discovered, along with a long single-player game crammed with enough content to guarantee a lot of hours of good clean fun."
Full review here (http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/kingsbountythelegend.phtml).

Nike-it
01-29-2010, 06:14 AM
RPGFan review - 85%
"King's Bounty: The Legend certainly has its fair share of problems, but what it does right, it does perfectly. If you can get past the ample supply of typos and don't mind stumbling your way through the beginning, you'll definitely enjoy this game." - states the author.
Full review here (http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/King%27s_Bounty_The_Legend/index.html).

gogolmax
10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
After many years:
Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kings-bounty-the-legend/critic-reviews

79 / 100 points based on 26 critics "generally favorable reviews".

Still underrated IMHO...

Cheers, gogol

Heather856
11-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Yep, sticky is a good idea.http://www.changshengniaos.info/jh2.jpg
http://www.changshengniaos.info/2.jpg
http://www.quandulps.info/4.jpg