PDA

View Full Version : Release date insanity?

Kolorabi
09-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I just noticed the release dates for Classic Car Racing, 4x4 Hummer, AIM Racing, 7.62 and Death Track Resurrection were moved to 26/06/2009 at www.play.com. Please tell me they're wrong...?

Nike-it
09-24-2008, 05:50 AM
I just noticed the release dates for Classic Car Racing, 4x4 Hummer, AIM Racing, 7.62 and Death Track Resurrection were moved to 26/06/2009 at www.play.com. Please tell me they're wrong...?

These games will be released this Autumn.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
09-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Then why play com says that they will released in 26/6/2009?! It is not true isnt it? When you say that they will be released this Autumn you mean october or novembrer?

Nike-it
09-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Then why play com says that they will released in 26/6/2009?! It is not true isnt it? When you say that they will be released this Autumn you mean october or novembrer?

I don't know why the put these dates, as I mentioned above these games will be released in autunm (october - november).

Kolorabi
09-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear that, because I have a couple of those games preordered at Play.com, and I wouldn't like to wait another nine months for them... thanks for the swift response.

Kolorabi
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok, now most of these games have been REMOVED from Play.com's release schedule. Please 1C, for once, can you be open about what is happening? Is your publishing deal with 505 Games no longer active? Their website suddenly only lists a handful of big 1C-games, many have been removed.

Going off on a rant here, what I don't understand is this: A long time ago, you bought Cenega, a publisher which then had a strong UK and European presence. So what has happened? Why didn't you use them as a basis for your UK operations? Because now it seems there's no UK operations at all. Instead you're depending on small-time publishers like 505 Games, who seems to be too busy releasing crappy DS games to release your PC games when they're supposed to.

Sorry, but I find it extremely frustrating that on one hand you have this amazing and professional line-up of games (that I want to buy, dammit!), and on the other hand the whole publishing part of your business seems so incredibly unprofessional from my perspective as a European customer. You can't get your games out there, and the information you give us is almost always inaccurate or simply wrong.

Divebomb
11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok, now most of these games have been REMOVED from Play.com's release schedule. Please 1C, for once, can you be open about what is happening? Is your publishing deal with 505 Games no longer active? Their website suddenly only lists a handful of big 1C-games, many have been removed.

Going off on a rant here, what I don't understand is this: A long time ago, you bought Cenega, a publisher which then had a strong UK and European presence. So what has happened? Why didn't you use them as a basis for your UK operations? Because now it seems there's no UK operations at all. Instead you're depending on small-time publishers like 505 Games, who seems to be too busy releasing crappy DS games to release your PC games when they're supposed to.

Sorry, but I find it extremely frustrating that on one hand you have this amazing and professional line-up of games (that I want to buy, dammit!), and on the other hand the whole publishing part of your business seems so incredibly unprofessional from my perspective as a European customer. You can't get your games out there, and the information you give us is almost always inaccurate or simply wrong.
Good post.

It's really really depressing to watch this unfold. I can only think it's as you said, 505 have fallen behind or chosen terrible partners to do the translations for the games.. or something like this. It's already annoying to wait for the upcoming new games as they keep getting pushed back (I know, it's a good thing, we all like proper finished, tested and as close to bug-free games as possible).. but these now almost old games..

Where are you Tomorrow War, Tomorrow War Faktor K, 7.62mm, 4x4 Hummer and Death Track Resurrection? :(