PDA

View Full Version : No sound in King's Bounty english version

punkchef13
09-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I can't get music or sounds to play while in game... I can go into the folder and play the music outside of the game and I'm clueless on how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Nike-it
09-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't get music or sounds to play while in game... I can go into the folder and play the music outside of the game and I'm clueless on how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Check your PM and send us DirectX report.

Haavok
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I have the same problem Demo runs great no sound tho. Sent my report in.

Nike-it
09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I have the same problem Demo runs great no sound tho. Sent my report in.

I recieved your report, trying to solve the problem.

Haavok
09-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Thank you very much

Grim-X
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Had the same problem.
it seems that King's bounty the legend decided for some reason to use my 2nd (None Default) sound card.
what i did was canceling the sound card through the device manager. or connect your speakers to your 2nd sound card.

Haavok
09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Thank you GrimX I tried what u said it is working properly now

CanDariaN
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
If you still have the problem of no sound goto the default.ini file located in the data folder of Kings Bounty.
Open with notepad.

Scroll to the bottom and locate # Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -1 change the 1 to a 0 so it should now look like this

# Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -0

Close and save.

and there's your sound

uuulala
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
well, no solution works for me. No sound in Kings Bounty. It is the first and only game I have this difficulty.

so no sound after default.ini patching.

I have even upgraded DX.... no sound still.
I have installed german version. no sound.
I have reinstalled and rebooted, several times. no sound.
I have activated and deactivated sound several times in several configs. no sound.
I have started new campaigns. no sound.

Any other idea?

Igorjek
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi!

It's not working for me either.

I tried updating the *.ini, tried installing the patch. Nothing seems to work.

And I didn't had this problem before. As soon as I exit the game I can start video, audio, anything I want with sound.

cassiel101
04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I just got this game over the weekend and have the same issue with the sound.

I changed the settings in the default.ini as suggested which was great because it gave me some sound.

I now have sound effects but no music and no sound in any of the intro sequences. Any advice? I don't know what the music sounds like but whoever put in all that effort to add to the environment of the game would be certainly disappointed that I'm not able to enjoy it :-P

Nike-it
04-14-2009, 05:46 AM
I just got this game over the weekend and have the same issue with the sound.

I changed the settings in the default.ini as suggested which was great because it gave me some sound.

I now have sound effects but no music and no sound in any of the intro sequences. Any advice? I don't know what the music sounds like but whoever put in all that effort to add to the environment of the game would be certainly disappointed that I'm not able to enjoy it :-P

First of all try to update sound card drivers, if this makes no sence, send the problem to our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu).

alboy
04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I bought Kings Bounty - The Legend today, the UK version & have updated to version 1.7.
I also have no sound & use the USB Logitech Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System & have never had any problems with sound or music before.
All my drivers are up to date.

I have tried to attach my DXDiag file but it is too big & will not accept it.

My PC Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra Memory 768 MB Driver ver. 182.50
Sound Device Z-10 USB Speaker System
DirectX 9.0C fully updated
Windows XP SP3
I also have over 300 GB of disk space available

Have you any help & advice please.

alboy
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
l have it working now.

Nitelite
01-02-2010, 04:21 AM
If you still have the problem of no sound goto the default.ini file located in the data folder of Kings Bounty.
Open with notepad.

Scroll to the bottom and locate # Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -1 change the 1 to a 0 so it should now look like this

# Integer parameter
setf ~cl_force_soundcard -0

Close and save.

and there's your sound

I just ran across this problem with Armored Princess. I change my sound from speakers to a wireless headset when I play games. I just purchased Armored Princess and when I went to play, no sound. Once I exited, sound returned. Editing the default.ini and making the change as you suggested fixed it for me. Thanks!

Avi
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
My sound stopped working as well. Had a hdd crash so that's the only 'new' thing, sound works fine for any other app/game except KB:AP.
I'm running on Win-XP and the game is played via steam. I've tried the .ini thing changing the -1 to -0 but that didnt solve my problem.
Any suggestions for a solution? Should I contact Steam as well?

If you need more info let me know.

extra info -edit-
Just tried some testing on the original King's Bounty - the Legend, no sound there either, so my problem sounds similar to everyone else here however I can't get the change to work in the default.ini file, should I try it on a different file?

RubyBlake
01-02-2015, 09:27 PM
So i just installed King's Bounty : Armored Princess but i am having problems with sounds. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I use Logitech headset G930 with my computer and while playing games but for some reasons when i launch the game the sounds and such play through my computer rather than my headset. But when i close the game, the sounds for my computer plays in my headset.

I would've tried the solution shown previously but i can't see that name in the *default.ini file. I have tried re-installing the game and even restarting my computer, but nothing works. I don't know what else to do. I was really looking forward to playing that game.