PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-mart, Target........zero Kings Bounty..

The Incarnate
09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Went everywhere I could that sells PC games today.....big fat zero! Nobody has it in stock. Anybody else seeing this today? What gives??? I know I can download it, but I like a box and manual I can take to the can with me.

Newbie1234
09-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I am also wondering about this. I live in Canada Quebec and I couldn't find any stores that sold the game.

Munch10
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd be surpised if anyone had it on the shelves today. Today's the 'ship date' which usually means that distributors get it in their wherehouse and ship it to the outlets - most of which will probably get it tomorrow with their normal shipments. This is almost always the case - that the retailers have it a day after the 'ship date'. Since this went out with online distribution already, it just means those that decide to download it will have it a day earlier.

-Munch

phoenixreborn
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Bestbuy has it down for the 30th of September on their website. I called gamestop and they didn't have it in their system. The gamestop website says tomorrow. Target website says Thursday.

bshock
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Just buy it via digital distribution. You could be playing it right now and they give you the manual in PDF. There is really no point in buying games via retail these days unless you are adamant about having a plastic disc you can lose or get scratched up.

phoenixreborn
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
So what do you do when your motherboard dies?

Newbie1234
09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Just buy it via digital distribution. You could be playing it right now and they give you the manual in PDF. There is really no point in buying games via retail these days unless you are adamant about having a plastic disc you can lose or get scratched up.

Both have their benefits, but I much prefer having the physical product in my hands after paying for it.

I also prefer using cash rather than credit card. I don't really trust a lot of those digital distribution sites either. Who knows whether they'll still be operational a couple of years from now.

Stever717
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I pre-ordered mine from GameSpot last week and they said they have on the 24th.

On Best Buy's web page it says the release date will be 9/30 so I am guessing they will have it but not right away.

Edit: sorry Phoenixreborn I missed your post.

phoenixreborn
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
No problem, it's nice to have confirmation that my details are correct...