PDA

View Full Version : Couple of observations from the game...

Direwolf
09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
The DL does come with a PDF of the game manual.

There are a couple of interesting aspects mentioned in the Manual that weren't apparent in the demo:

1) If you complete important quests the King will promote you in Title, as you get promoted your leadership increases and new units become available to you.

2) There is a glossary of all the spells

3) There is a glossary of all the objects

4) Apparently there are ENEMY heroes that hate you.

5) Their are 3 "Boss" enemies. Giant turtle, Kraken and Spider Queen who take up half the arena in combat.

6) There is NO specific breakdown of the different units that are available in the game and what there stats are. I guess we discover them as we go along.

Having lots of fun, played till 3a.m. this morning and am seriously lagging at work today.

cheers,
DW

p.s. You do NOT get the chest of rages right away from the King like you did in the demo. Don't know yet how many quests i have to do for him b4 i get the chest...playing as a mage on Hard.

Ball Buster
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
You mean there's not a summary about the game's units? That's really bad :(

I always loved those big HoMM manuals with detailed references about all the creatures in the game...

sinava
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
5) Their are 3 "Boss" enemies. Giant turtle, Kraken and Spider Queen who take up half the arena in combat.

giant turtle ....aww .. i hoped the bosses would be a bit more intimidating and cool

hawker
09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
That's a small turtle.

;)

bman654
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
When creating your character and picking your banner, one of the banner choices (the last one in the list), is the SR2 Ranger logo! :)

Sleeping Sun
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
giant turtle ....aww .. i hoped the bosses would be a bit more intimidating and cool

I can assure you won't be disappointed. If not playing on easy, these damn beasts can make you feel uncomfortable))

Frank
09-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info, DW. It's the next best thing to playing the game while I wait for the DL