PDA

View Full Version : Digital Delivery: where?

Tuco
09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Anyone can list all the avaible sources of the game by DD?

hawker
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
So far I know...

http://www.atari.com/us/games/kings_bounty_the_legend/dvd_rom
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-KB&cat=all

megakill
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Gamer's gate is the best place to get the game.

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
plus the atari site has problems it seems..

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 08:29 AM
plus the atari site has problems it seems..
I could not D/L from atari site also.
Np with gamersgate though.

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Well gamersgate won't accept my card.. and atari has some deep problems right now with their system which is quite flawed.. because even though the transaction failed.. i still got an email with a receipt.

So something is not quite right over there... I suppose i will just have to wait for it to be released or something else

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Well gamersgate won't accept my card.. and atari has some deep problems right now with their system which is quite flawed.. because even though the transaction failed.. i still got an email with a receipt.

So something is not quite right over there... I suppose i will just have to wait for it to be released or something else

I paid with Paypal.
might be a solution for u (if u didn't try it already).

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Don't have a paypal account.. and not sure i trust it as i recall once being told i had an account there without ever starting one there.. or was that ebay now that i think about it ?

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Don't have a paypal account.. and not sure i trust it as i recall once being told i had an account there without ever starting one there.. or was that ebay now that i think about it ?
It doesnt Take too long to make an acount with Paypal. I was a bit sceptic in the beginning also but they are ok IMO (and many friends i know use them also). U do have to call ur credit card company to confirm the acount though.

Tuco
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Atari limited time for download (EA Store-like) it's simply a pile of garbage for me.

When I buy a game in DD I pretend the chance to download it again and again if I need so, even after years.

I can buy from Steam or Impulse, not surely from this... let's say "thing".

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Well if i am going to call the bank i might as well get a card that might work with gamersgate.com :P

Ugh.. just wish they would give us a date like they have the americans.. and hopefully not one that is over a month away :(

bman654
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
When GG first started they had alot of problems with credit cards because of their location. So they added the Paypal method. Best part is that you do *not* jhave to make a paypal account to use it! When you opt to pay by paypal, you get taken to a screen where you can choose to log into paypal or just tell it you want to enter your billing info and pay directly without logging in. This is the method I use to buy games with gamers gate all the time and it works great. I'm downloading KB:tL as we speak.

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
You'll be waiting forever, Imperial Dane. Go get your card sorted out. You can trust Gamersgate, they are good guys. :)

Oh and hi bman, you may remember me as Jetau from the UFO:ET forums.

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Well whatever the case i will still have to wait if i get a new card that will probably work.. damnit.. no easy solutions for me it seems :(

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Well if i am going to call the bank i might as well get a card that might work with gamersgate.com :P

Ugh.. just wish they would give us a date like they have the americans.. and hopefully not one that is over a month away :(

U dont need to call the bank u need to call the credit card company. aftter u make a paypal acount they charge u 2$ once these 2 $ are confirmed (the reason u have to call the credit card company)your acount is activated and u get the 2$ back.

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 09:28 AM
OK, I bought the game from Gamersgate. $40 US and they had it up first thing on the morning of the 23rd Europe team. Respect.

Unfortunately, I seem to have the world's slowest broadband connection. 40kb a second = 15 hours download. :eek:

So it looks like I will be waiting one more day to play this. :rolleyes:

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 09:35 AM
OK, I bought the game from Gamersgate. $40 US and they had it up first thing on the morning of the 23rd Europe team. Respect.

Unfortunately, I seem to have the world's slowest broadband connection. 40kb a second = 15 hours download. :eek:

So it looks like I will be waiting one more day to play this. :rolleyes:

well I am Thailand and using my slow internet at work and still d/l at 99KB/Sec

Daedalus
09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
how long after payment do you have to wait to dl the game from GG?

I still think it's a ripoff to pay full price for a game without a box or cd but i might consider doing this if i can get it a full month earlier via GG.

Got to pump some KB:tL in my veins stat :)

Tibster
09-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I have a realy bad conection (sometimes it disconects for no aparen reason)
so if the conection is interuped ?!
Can i continue the download ?
Do i have to pay again ! ( :???: )
Can i use a download accelerator ?

Pls. help!

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 09:52 AM
how long after payment do you have to wait to dl the game from GG?

I still think it's a ripoff to pay full price for a game without a box or cd but i might consider doing this if i can get it a full month earlier via GG.

Got to pump some KB:tL in my veins stat :)

well, as soon as payment was cleared I was able to start D/L.

I also think that 40$ for a D/L is a ripoff but i dont want to wait aditional 2 weeks for the game to get here from amazon.

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
They have a new downloader which I THINK will continue if the connection is interrupted. I haven't had a problem before...

Paying by credit card, the wait is maybe 1 minute. I literally paid and then started downloading their installer.

I don't think you can use download managers or anything. Gamersgate have their own installer and you will also need to install Microsoft .net 2.0 framework. It's a small pain in the ass to download but I got my first game from Gamersgate about 18 months ago (UFO: Extraterrestrials) and I've had no problems with them over three game downloads (four now). You can even download the game later if you need to.

I know it's sad to pay 'full price' for a download only edition, but for me in Australia it is much cheaper this way. My option was to pay $50 Aus from Gamersgate or about TWICE the price for an import from New Zealand from the US.

It's either that or wait for 1C to get their act together with a boxed edition.

You could be waiting MONTHS. :rolleyes:

Tibster
09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll buy the e-version and when the box will be available i'll buy that too , good stuff is hard to find so who cares if i pay double ( i dont smoke , and i dont drink .... more money for games ! ) ;)

Spiralkill
09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll buy the e-version and when the box will be available i'll buy that too , good stuff is hard to find so who cares if i pay double ( i dont smoke , and i dont drink .... more money for games ! ) ;)

I have already ordered my Box from amazon ;) (as a backup).

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
U dont need to call the bank u need to call the credit card company. aftter u make a paypal acount they charge u 2$ once these 2 $ are confirmed (the reason u have to call the credit card company)your acount is activated and u get the 2$ back.

The point is the reason i might need to use paypal is because of my card, but if i have to go out and contact some people to do this and that.. i might as well just get a new card and just let it be over with.

Besides i don't want to end up in a new system just for the sake of one game.

Nyark
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Can anyone confirm than the e-version can be bought on GamersGate if you live in Europe ?

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
It should be, my only problem is my card nothing much else... Otherwise.. notice the Euros shown as prices ? Should be easy to figure out that it is a european service ;)

Kunstner
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
So is GamersGate in Europe or us ? also is it only download or also physical delivery

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
It's european and it is digital download.

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
So is GamersGate in Europe or us ? also is it only download or also physical delivery

I think they are based in Sweden. There are no restrictions on who they can sell to, at least not for King's Bounty. You only get the download (no box) but you can redownload anytime you like. The games are stored in your account so it's very simple. I bought UFO: Extraterrestrials from them 18 months ago and all I would need to do is hit a big blue download button to d/l it again.

It's not a boxed copy but it's the next best thing. :grin:

BTW I am up to 19% now. I think it'd be quicker to fly to the US, get the game and fly back. :rolleyes:

hawker
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
The strange thing about Gamersgate is that the exact same page shows the price of the game as $39,99 for Americans and 39,99 EUR for Europeans.

Nike-it
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM

As far as I know Gamersgate is available both for US and Europe and you can only download KB.

hawker
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Nike-it, do you have any information on whether or when will the game be available on Steam or Stardock Impulse?

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
The strange thing about Gamersgate is that the exact same page shows the price of the game as $39,99 for Americans and 39,99 EUR for Europeans.

Weird, as I'm in Australia and it gives a US price, which is good as the exchange rate to the US Dollar is much more favourable than to the Euro. I'm paying 50% of the usual Australian retail price for this game, which I guess is why I like Gamersgate so much. :-P

Nike-it
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Nike-it, do you have any information on whether or when will the game be available on Steam or Stardock Impulse?

Not yet, but I'll try to find out.

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
... how about a european release date for the boxed version now you are at it ? :D

bman654
09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
The point is the reason i might need to use paypal is because of my card, but if i have to go out and contact some people to do this and that.. i might as well just get a new card and just let it be over with.

Besides i don't want to end up in a new system just for the sake of one game.

Go re-read my email. I posted exactly how it works when using paypal. I made no mention of contacting people for this or that. No paypal accounts. No fake charges. Entire process from clicking "Buy Kings Bounty" to finish is about 1 minute depending on how long it takes you to type your info.

The other great thing about Gamers Gate is that event though you need to use their download tool (which *does* support resume if you lose your connection), is that once it downloads, it downloads a real honest independent installer. You can take this installer and save it on a dvd or whatever and you never need to download it again if you do not want to.

For example, my KB finished downloading and I have these files:

09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR .
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR ..
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR bin
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR ggdata
09/23/2008 03:58 AM 200,704 KBVistaShellSupport.dll
09/23/2008 03:58 AM 88,760 ReadMe.rtf
09/23/2008 04:24 AM 998,998,528 setup-1.bin
09/23/2008 04:50 AM 1,000,000,000 setup-2.bin
09/23/2008 04:52 AM 61,779,363 setup-3.bin
09/23/2008 04:54 AM DIR support
5 File(s) 2,061,067,355 bytes

All ready to archive for future use. I can't say enough good things about GG. Their old download tool was pretty crappy especially for Vista. Their latest download tool is much better.

p.s. Hey Jetau, still playing UFOET? :)

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Ahh.. Cool bman.. hadn't seen that.

Still curious about a boxed edition date as i want that.. sure i might be paying twice.. but i think it is worth it ;)

Alto
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Just got it of off GG. But I am having problems with the .net framework - lol
Should I move my questions to the technical section or ? :confused:

Coin-coin le Canapin
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
As far as I know Gamersgate is available both for US and Europe and you can only download KB.
*french*
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-KB&cat=all > This product have been blocked for your country.
Why, why?

knoxchris
09-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Atari's site doesn't ask for CC but you get email, serial.. downloaded and installed fine for me. Guess we'll see, i'm in the states not sure how it would work for our Euro friends.

Jobu
09-23-2008, 04:03 PM
I can confirm what Chris states above :cool:

Just hope that we don't all get the same serial :confused:

Zhuangzi
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Go re-read my email. I posted exactly how it works when using paypal. I made no mention of contacting people for this or that. No paypal accounts. No fake charges. Entire process from clicking "Buy Kings Bounty" to finish is about 1 minute depending on how long it takes you to type your info.

The other great thing about Gamers Gate is that event though you need to use their download tool (which *does* support resume if you lose your connection), is that once it downloads, it downloads a real honest independent installer. You can take this installer and save it on a dvd or whatever and you never need to download it again if you do not want to.

For example, my KB finished downloading and I have these files:

09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR .
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR ..
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR bin
09/23/2008 04:53 AM DIR ggdata
09/23/2008 03:58 AM 200,704 KBVistaShellSupport.dll
09/23/2008 03:58 AM 88,760 ReadMe.rtf
09/23/2008 04:24 AM 998,998,528 setup-1.bin
09/23/2008 04:50 AM 1,000,000,000 setup-2.bin
09/23/2008 04:52 AM 61,779,363 setup-3.bin
09/23/2008 04:54 AM DIR support
5 File(s) 2,061,067,355 bytes

All ready to archive for future use. I can't say enough good things about GG. Their old download tool was pretty crappy especially for Vista. Their latest download tool is much better.

p.s. Hey Jetau, still playing UFOET? :)

Bman, you are taunting me with those download times. I am up to 31% now, but at least I can see that it's not all one file to download. I was worried that the d/l would crash during the night and I'd lose everything. :o

And no, I haven't played UFO:ET for many months now. I dropped in over at ufo-scene recently to catch up with Vanguard and the old crew. Well, that community has completely died now, which is a real shame considering the game only came out 16 months ago.

Chaos Concept turned out to be the worst developer ever for post-release feedback/support etc. A real shame, because UFO:ET is just another obscure title now. :evil:

For those who don't know bman654, he is or was the king of UFO:ET modding. His 'Ease of Use' mod added XCOM aliens to UFO:ET and MUCH more. You can bet that he's working out how to mod King's Bounty as we speak. ;)

bman654
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
If only I had time to install it. I haven't tried the demo but am worried that my computer is too old and slow to play the game well :( At least I know my vidcard supports pixel shader 2.0.

Amamake
09-23-2008, 04:46 PM
For those who don't know bman654, he is or was the king of UFO:ET modding. His 'Ease of Use' mod added XCOM aliens to UFO:ET and MUCH more. You can bet that he's working out how to mod King's Bounty as we speak. ;)

Heh. And I was wondering why that name seemed so familiar. ET was unplayable train wreck of a game before the mod.

Katauri should remake X-Com next :evil:

Jan4
09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
I bought the game through Gamersgate and I have downloaded over 2 hours but now the download suddenly stopped and I'm getting "check connection/directory" error and I can't seem to get it to resume. Can everyone else download alright from gamersgate or is it just my download that got stuck? :(

bman654
09-23-2008, 05:41 PM
try quitting and restarting the downloader, then resuming...

Jan4
09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for trying to help Bman, sadly it had no effect, but fortunately I found a solution. The problem was with Kaspersky internet security trying to scan the first finished and downloaded 1 gb file, and probably slowing down the file reading so much that Gamersgate ended up thinking that it can't access the files or something. I paused Kaspesky for the short file Gamersgate is scanning the downloaded files, and the download resumed with no problems. Let's keep fingers crossed that it continues till the end without no further problems.

Magog
09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Atari's site doesn't ask for CC but you get email, serial.. downloaded and installed fine for me. Guess we'll see, i'm in the states not sure how it would work for our Euro friends.

From Sweden, downloading right now but never entered my CC number...

Usually when you download as a european from american sites you get to pay some extra % taxes on top, but since you get it for free on the Atari site I suppose that doesn't matter.. :grin:

Seriously though, I want to pay for this game. Hope they fix things... I don't want feds knocking on my door tomorrow... :/

Tibster
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Muhahahaha!
I bought the game, downloaded , installed and .... play!:grin:
The GG installs all exept setup.exe wich is run online!
After the setup is done u are asked to activate the game again online with a SN. after that u are set for off-line fun!
When i'll se a dvd box i'll buy it!
This game is that good!
Muhahahaha!

Ps. i was luky and download at a friens net provider , of course i will now only dream of 1 MB./s! :(

axxis32
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Bought the game earlier today at gamergate (btw, for our swedish friends... they are located in stockholm ;)) ... No troubles at all with any taxes and stuffs.

sinava
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
wow ... gamersgate look realy cool, i am highly tempted to use this despite my obsession with game boxes:-P

Jobu
09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
*Cough* Atari is giving the game away for free right now *cough*

Ball Buster
09-23-2008, 08:03 PM

That's true :shock: But... Why are they doing something like that? OMG...

bman654
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I just hope that Kentauri Interactive still gets paid for each copy given away through Atari's f**k up.

Tuco
09-23-2008, 09:02 PM

WHAT? Where?

Sleeping Sun
09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Bad...even if the number of this sold-for-free copies will not exceed 1000, Atari and Katauri will loose several thousands of dollars. Not critical, of course, but still not good

Jobu
09-23-2008, 09:19 PM
WHAT? Where?

If u can't figure this out for yourself...time for u to go back to school. :rolleyes:

I'd like to remain part of these forums...so I will not walk u through Atari's errors. Doing something like that might get me banned.

Hopefully an admin is watching these forums and notifies the people in charge of the digital delivery "issues".

Imperial Dane
09-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Well i think they have already been notified by other people as well, including me. So it should only be a matter of time before the matter is corrected.

sinava
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
i think most of those who would get copies by this way would have never bought it in the first place and would have pirated it .. so i don't see a big loss here

Ball Buster
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
It seems that they already have solved the problem...

Tuco
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
If u can't figure this out for yourself...time for u to go back to school. :rolleyes:
Are you stupid or what?
What's that supposed to mean?

I'm on Atari official website and I simply can't see anything for "free".

EDIT:
It seems that they already have solved the problem...
Nevermind.
I suppose there was some sort of bug, so.

Sleeping Sun
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
i think most of those who would get copies by this way would have never bought it in the first place and would have pirated it .. so i don't see a big loss here

pirated))) you know, here in Russia where pirating is a big problem, you can only get a cracked game version 1.2, while the latest version is 1.6, so this cracked game consists of considerable amount of bugs and "surprises" from the developers (partially thanks to starforce - I really don't understand the mess about this protection system - looks like everyone in Europe hates this program more than the viruses. I played many games with starforce and never experienced any problems). So I doubt that the english version of the game can be pirated easily.

Quellist
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM

That is obviously not true, since you had to actually try to buy the game to get it for free.

Sleeping Sun
09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
That is obviously not true, since you had to actually try to buy the game to get it for free.

I guess seinava talks about people who tried to "buy" the game after they got the information about this error

Zhuangzi
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Phew, I'm finally finished downloading this sucker. 23 hours at 30 kb/sec. :rolleyes:

Everything from Gamersgate is fine - so simple and straightforward. After downloading, you install the game, copy and paste your serial number into an activation thingy (serial is on Gamersgate) and that's it.

I'M READY TO PLAY :-P

Daedalus
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
i can also hop on the praisewagon for Gamersgate, after about 3 mins i was downloading the game, took about 4 hours.

murdered the plugen robber this morning, with my leet demo skills he stood no chance :)

Wolfpaw
09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Hint for GamersGater:

When starting the installation, a "setup.exe" is copied (downloaded from GG) to the download directory. You can *copy* this temporary to another directory.

When the installation is finished, the original exe will be deleted.

Now move the copied one back to the download directory - no need of the GG Downloader anymore.

Jobu
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you stupid or what?
What's that supposed to mean?

I'm on Atari official website and I simply can't see anything for "free".

EDIT:

Nevermind.
I suppose there was some sort of bug, so.

If you even took 2 minutes out of your day yesterday to do the digital download yesterday...you would have seen that Atari put on a discount equivalent to the price of the game...which means that for the first few hours of release it was FREE.

I Lol'd when you looked for something that stated it was "free". By referencing "go back to school"...looks like you need to read up on some "Finding Waldo" if you couldn't read between the tea leaves of my message.

Regardless...I'm happy that they fixed the problem.

crayno
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Bought the game @ gamersgate and started playing 30 minutes later (I have a very fast connection) so kudos to GG

Zhuangzi
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
If you even took 2 minutes out of your day yesterday to do the digital download yesterday...you would have seen that Atari put on a discount equivalent to the price of the game...which means that for the first few hours of release it was FREE.

I Lol'd when you looked for something that stated it was "free". By referencing "go back to school"...looks like you need to read up on some "Finding Waldo" if you couldn't read between the tea leaves of my message.

Regardless...I'm happy that they fixed the problem.

That's nice for you that Atari stuffed up, but of course you know that now Katauri get nothing from you for having made the game. That's okay - Atari's fault. :rolleyes:

Daedalus
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
They should sue atari for this or at least get some form of recuperation from the possible loss of sales this could or did cause.

Zaza
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
i'm from europe and at gamersgate the game is 39,99 EURO for me. at atari its only 39,99 DOLLAR

so i want to get it from atari of course.
any europeans already successfully bought from atari? any problems with taxes or stuff like that?

is it even possible for europeans to order/download from atari us?

bman654
09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
That's nice for you that Atari stuffed up, but of course you know that now Katauri get nothing from you for having made the game. That's okay - Atari's fault.
I dunno, I doubt the contracts said that Atari could give the game away for free so maybe Atari might have to eat the costs and pay out for each unit they gave away.

Zhuangzi
09-24-2008, 10:27 PM
i'm from europe and at gamersgate the game is 39,99 EURO for me. at atari its only 39,99 DOLLAR

so i want to get it from atari of course.
any europeans already successfully bought from atari? any problems with taxes or stuff like that?

is it even possible for europeans to order/download from atari us?

This isn't fair that you are expected to pay 40 euro and the rest of us pay 40 US dollars. As I said before, this is a fantastic exchange rate for me. $48 Australian dollars is half what we pay for games at retail here.

You could try using a IP blocker like Hotspot Shield perhaps so that Gamersgate doesn't know you're in Europe? :-P

SoulDrinker
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah, we're always kind'a doomed here in Europe. However... 39.99€.. I didn't care.. This game has enough content so it's worth the money!

Zaza
09-26-2008, 08:13 AM
yes but for 37euros i can get the boxed retail version from amazon. so 39 euro for a digital download is a bit stupid.

DaviddesJ
09-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Says here that GamersGate has an exclusive agreement to distribute the game:

http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=news&what=show&id=250

slowram
12-13-2008, 10:45 AM
I have finished getting the download from GamersGate and clicked Install and it launched Setup.exe and Setup.tmp and in my taskbar area I see Setup - King's Bounty... but it doesn't show any windows on my desktop and it doesn't seem to be installing anything let alone asking for anything. When I look at Task Manager it says Setup.tmp is taking up 25 cpu cycles and 9mb of memory it never changes form that and setup.exe takes 0 cpu cycles.
Am I supposed to see a dialog asking me where to install or for a key or something immediately after I click Install or is this supposed to take a half hour to run and it does it all in the background? I've let it run for about a half hour and keep trying to get it to install after that but same results each time. I closed download manager and reopened it (killed Setup.exe and Setup.tmp in task manager as well) and clicked download and it quickly changed to install as it was all downloaded click install same results.

nemesis99
12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Can you try re-downloading the game completely?

After you download the game, all you need to do is run setup.exe and it runs the installshield and installs the game normally like most windows games/applications do.

It could be possible the download didn't transfer one of the files correctly.

slowram
12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
UGH, I closed download manager, went into taskmanager and stopped the setup.exe and setup.tmp and went into my temp folder and deleted the few install files the setup had put there.
Then I ran download manager changed my download folder location to a new empty folder (even on another drive - this time my C drive versus last time it was my D drive) and still get the same behavior. I'm running XP Pro SP3. Only thing I can imagine different with my system then most may be that I have development tools installed (Visual Studio 2008). I am really kicking myself for using a download client. Seems like everytime I've tried to use one it ends up taking more time/being more hassle than if I went to the store and got the game. I figured surely by now things were getting better and had seen several people had good success with GamersGate on this game. I emailed support earlier and got back an email sorry you'll have to wait till Monday to get a reply. Now I either can't play the game this weekend (when I'd have time to play it) or I have to fork out another $40 to go buy it in the store like I should've done to begin with.

nemesis99
12-13-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah when I run setup, I get setup.exe and setup.tmp processes showing up so that seems to be normal. But a setup menu shows up on desktop.

You wouldn't happen to be able to test it on a secondary computer or laptop? I wouldn't know if the developer tools interfere or not.

But according to another thread on these forums today there was a gentleman who installed the gamersgate version just fine today so the gamersgate setup package should be fine.

Maybe try to email the developers as well while your waiting as maybe they may happen to know what programs may interfere with the game's installation. Nothing to lose at any rate.

Oh and the game seems really tough to find at local stores, but maybe your area is better in that regard. Here in my city in Canada the retail distribution of the game has been rather invisible.

Happy holidays :).